Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

ToTBellHop

I admittedly have not seen actual plans. The two options that jump out at me are left of Les Chefs, with a small extension of the building required for the entrance, or another move of the bakery. I would hope they would avoid sending these guests in and out along the already-crowded courtyard back by IdF, however. So southeast of Les Chefs makes the most sense.

You could also theoretically have a long path around the pavilion from the northwest (destroying the small garden area where I believe Aurora meets). That seems unnecessary however.

jt04

I admittedly have not seen actual plans. The two options that jump out at me are left of Les Chefs, with a small extension of the building required for the entrance, or another move of the bakery. I would hope they would avoid sending these guests in and out along the already-crowded courtyard back by IdF, however. So southeast of Les Chefs makes the most sense.

You could also theoretically have a long path around the pavilion from the northwest (destroying the small garden area where I believe Aurora meets). That seems unnecessary however.

Just so you leave enough room for an "underground" trolley express to DHS and we are good. Think Hogwarts Express but more art nouveau.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I don't think so. A few guesses maybe.
Hmm, the options?
1) could be through the theater as that could be the queue.
2) Wine store could be used as the entrance into the ride
3) The back Bakery (excuse me for not stating the correct names ;)
4) Ice Cream shop has been mentioned on here ( thou behind that runs what looks like the kitchen and service)
5) Or the entrance is to the left of Chef de France and exit into the pavilion somehow.
6) Or enter through Monsieur Paul (or exit through it), but that could become the queue! :)
7) Gondola
8) Under ground entrance (like getting on a subway)

Did I miss anything? :D

ToTBellHop

Hmm, the options?
1) could be through the theater as that could be the queue.
2) Wine store could be used as the entrance into the ride
3) The back Bakery (excuse me for not stating the correct names ;)
4) Ice Cream shop has been mentioned on here ( thou behind that runs what looks like the kitchen and service)
5) Or the entrance is to the left of Chef de France and exit into the pavilion somehow.
6) Or enter through Monsieur Paul (or exit through it), but that could become the queue! :)
7) Gondola
8) Under ground entrance (like getting on a subway)

Did I miss anything? :D
Disapparate.

djkidkaz

I would see the entrance being next to the perfume shops near the aurora meet and greet. It's a large open area that would help to maintain the crowds.

RSoxNo1

What saddens me (and I don't want to extend this conversation much further off-topic) is that I don't feel they gave the concept of Epcot enough of a fair shot. I understand that cartoon E-tickets are popular. I love them to--in appropriate locations. But, despite arguments to the contrary, I do think the original concept of Epcot could still work in 2017. Yes, you would have to modify. Universe of Energy is long for today's crowd. But I still believe you can have a park set in reality that is striving to educate and entertain guests. They still do this at DAK. So the idea that this must be abandoned to make Epcot successful is patently false to me. But, here we are anyway. Best we can hope to learn about is wine, flowers, and (only) Disney art.
There's a Tony Baxter quote/explanation that someone mentioned on here that really hit home for me. The Magic Kingdom makes fantasy a reality and Epcot makes reality seem like a fantasy.

That's gone away since Nemo took over The Seas.

RSoxNo1

I do get tired of the constant despair and unwillingness to let go of the past. But its hard to fault them for being so sad when you watch and read about what Epcot once was.
EPCOT Center started to devolve beginning in 1997 and attendance has yet to recover. The way they've been running that park for 20 years has been less successful than the way it ran for the first 15 years.

Well, It's been years since I've posted. Glad to "Be back".

I understand how BatB could be a huge draw for crowds to Epcot. Though, I think people underestimate the popularity of Ratatouille. The film was highly popular, earned nearly $620.7 million at the Box Office, and has a 96% rating on Rotten Tomato. This is exactly the kind of IP that Disney typically likes to put in its parks because it re-introduces the characters/movie to the next generation to keep it going. That's been done with BatB at the Magic Kingdom already and also by the newly released reboot. Ratatouille is really at a perfect position to be reintroduced, and brought back to life.

Not to mention, it is a perfect tie-in with the WS, they can re-tool the attraction a bit to spend a bit more time wondering around 'Paris' to honor the original intent of the WS, and it would be a perfect example of how an IP can provide a deep immersive introduction to a culture in the WS. Something that Frozen falls short of.

MCast

While I'm generally inclined to say no movie based IP in World Showcase, I would argue that Ratatouille is a better fit. That used to matter.

Unfortunately, I feel as if Corporate will change directions if they deem it to be a better investment. Right now, BATB has a global gross of over $750 million - which is huge and still counting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rat is halted if BATB crosses the $1B mark...

HMF

Unfortunately, I feel as if Corporate will change directions if they deem it to be a better investment. Right now, BATB has a global gross of over $750 million - which is huge and still counting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rat is halted if BATB crosses the $1B mark...
Again, why build a BATB Ride at Epcot when you have an entire BatB section over at Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom