A Spirited Valentine ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Are you sure they offer AP's? I don't see that as an option yet. I thought there was a feeling it was COMING... But not yet offered.

Maybe it's only for China residents?

They never use the word Annual.

The first test ran until early March. They then did a second one from about two weeks ago until July 16th if I'm not mistaken.

WDW1974

Original Poster
My god. It looks like a child's cheap plastic playset blown up to 199ft. What the hell were they thinking?

Chappie: "Here's a cheap and fast way to open a 'new' Marvel E-Ticket and center it around the opening of the new movie and a summer Marvel Fest and sell lots of CP crap and I know how to move that stuff!"

Iger: "Let's make this happen."

Rohde: "Here goes another chunk of my soul for the seven-figure celeb Imagineer lifestyle. Let's take one for the team!"

WDW1974

Original Poster
When I was a kid in the 80s, hour waits for both of these rides in peak season was not out of the ordinary. The difference is EVERYONE waited, not just those without a FP+.

Before FP, I never waited more than 15-20 minutes in the most crowded times for things like Mansion, Pirates and Small World. Sure, in peak periods, you might walk by Mansion and see a 50-minute wait listed, but I knew if I came back later I'd walk right on ... and did.

People who want to ride big E-Tix without FP at the MK from late morning until late afternoon are going to wait in longer lines now than they did 15 or 20 or 25 years ago. That's just the result of FP, less to do in the parks and more people visiting. But FP is a big contributor.

the.dreamfinder

They have bad taste. They also clearly think a theme park means "anything you can throw in, goes in."
ds.jpg

Absimilliard

Regarding DLP, what is probably the last shareholder meeting is starting in a few minutes (as I write this, it is 09:23am in Paris and it starts at 09:30am).

What we know so far is that an investment plan of around 2 billion euros was presented as part of the hostile takeover package. The breakdown I saw was around 1 billion on a new Value Resort hotel refurbishment and Disney Village, 223 million on IT upgrade and around 750 million euros in the park from now until 2025.

I am sniffing around on every french Disney site and it appears the rumored project of bringing Marvel to Walt Disney Studios has been confirmed. Cinemagique (which closed down 2 days ago) and Rock n Roller Coaster are mentioned as getting makeovers in official documents given to the soon to be ex small shareholders. As for the rest, some "insider" who I don't know how good he or she is is mentioning 2019 for Toy Story Mania! at Walt Disney Studios and a Frozen mini land on what was the land for the Little Mermaid ride, between Discoveryland and Fantasyland. Frozen would be a 2020, so we'll know soon enough as there is a minimum of 3 to 6 months permit process before they can start construction. A permit for Toy Story Mania would have to be presented in the next few months if they want to open in 2019.

peter11435

It doesn't prevent me per se, but if Tower of Terror in Paris becomes "Mission Cashgrab" I don't really see a reason to set foot in WDSP and thus shorten the length of my stay at DLP.
Gotcha.. Honestly though there's not many reasons to step foot in WDSP and in my opinion tower isn't even one of them.

Princess Leia

One of the big issues with this is when you see it form the side. All the "accoutrements" are fastened onto the front of the building. On the sides and back there is nothing but the paint job and it makes it look unfinished or under budgeted.
They'll have to fix the back eventually, right? Pretty sure that the Cap coaster has been rumored to go to the back of the Warehouse/fortress/power plant thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom