Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not attributing that first quote to you, but for every time I see someone upset at the proposal of more shopping or dining in World Showcase, there's at least an equal number of people getting mad at rides being there at all.
They should be careful what they wish for. If things turn the wrong way this could be Disney Springs 2.0. With a $100 admission.

Which is where anyone suggesting there should be no rides should spend their time. At the 1.0. Not the 2.0. Obviously.

rushtest4echo

They should be careful what they wish for. If things turn the wrong way this could be Disney Springs 2.0. With a $100 admission.

Which is where anyone suggesting there should be no rides should spend their time. At the 1.0. Not the 2.0. Obviously.

Agreed. My ultimate wish would be to have a major attraction in every single country. I'd take that over new countries.

MCast

Weird question - I read about attractions that were meant to be, but never happened such as Japan's bullet train roller coaster. What are the odds of something like that being revived. 0%?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Weird question - I read about attractions that were meant to be, but never happened such as Japan's bullet train roller coaster. What are the odds of something like that being revived. 0%?
About that percentage yes.

There was a proposal around a decade ago for a dark ride through Ginza, going in the MTW show building, but the recession hit and it fell through. It keeps popping up now and then still. But so does the Monsters Coaster.

P_Radden

[COUNTDOWN=][/COUNTDOWN]
About that.

There was a proposal around a decade ago for a dark ride through Ginza, going in the MTW show building, but the recession hit and it fell through. It keeps popping up now and then still. But so does the Monsters Coaster.
MTW show building?

EPCOTCenterLover

So...

New attraction in World Showcase = "World Showcase isn't about rides, corporate is bastardizing the concept."
No new attraction in World Showcase = "Of course. The Corporate side of Disney."

I'm not attributing that first quote to you, but for every time I see someone upset at the proposal of more shopping or dining in World Showcase, there's at least an equal number of people getting mad at rides being there at all. I guess the only thing everyone can agree on is the need for more exhibits- except normal guests could care less about the exhibits and only want rides, shops, and dining. :rolleyes:

My point is that people go to Epcot expecting more than shopping and dining- especially since its marketed as a theme park alongside of MK, DAK, and the Studios- instead of being marketed as a shopping destination, as Marni pointed out. You don't hear people complaining about in-theme high quality attractions in World Showcase. (See American Adventure.) The fact is, there is not much to see in World Showcase beyond shopping. That needs to change. Disney corporate may be ok with guests experiencing about 9 attractions per day at the MK, but American Adventure aside, I'd argue there's not one must-see attraction in WS. Disney's let the park go undeveloped for too long. Compelling attractions at the three other parks would eventually lessen the impact on MK as crowds spread out.

RoysCabin

I'm not even of the mind that a major ride/show is necessary in every country, but at the very least each pavilion should have a strong live entertainment offering and some sort of museum/cultural space to go along with shopping and dining. A pavilion like Japan hits the sweet spot there; I'd love for the Meet the World show building to finally have something special in there, but Japan remains one of my favorite pavilions to visit due to its aesthetics/views and the museum displays.

Honestly, if I'm putting together a check list of things I'd love to see for World Showcase, give me a couple new pavilions (which thankfully at least seem to be planned on in the near future), good cultural/museum offerings that perhaps rotate in and out a bit more frequently, and then throw in a couple of solid C or D level rides, though I'm obviously biased in that category toward ones in the tradition of Maelstrom/El Rio/etc.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Love the music. Love the landscapes. They just need to bring it into the 21st century. Film the same scenes again with people who don't have 80s hair and clothes. (I'm looking at you, wedding scene.)
It wouldn't be difficult. They did it with the two Circlevision films. And Symbiosis.

Even so, the 1981 scenes in IDF don't stand out that much. They could certainly keep the money shots in.

Last edited:

NYBaloo

That needs to change. Disney corporate may be ok with guests experiencing about 9 attractions per day at the MK, but American Adventure aside, I'd argue there's not one must-see attraction in WS. Disney's let the park go undeveloped for too long. Compelling attractions at the three other parks would eventually lessen the impact on MK as crowds spread out.
It just depends on one's opinion. Must see is very subjective. I would argue that all of the current attractions in WS are must see, at least in my opinion. Each vacation we spend 2.5 days just at EPCOT. American Adventure is also my least favorite attraction in WS. I love the current WS and would love to see upgrades as well, such as new attractions, and exhibits, entertainment.

Mike S

Enchanted Tales (or at least the original incarnation of it) has a bit of a sweet spot in my heart. Back in the olden days of 199something, my family went on a trip, went to the original version of Enchanted Tales (where Merida is now), and one of my favorite Disney memories was created. While my sister and I weren't chosen to be a part of Belle's story, my dad was chosen to be the Beast. We have it on film somewhere, but he got really into the part.

I think it's nice to have a variety of things to do at Disney (rides, shows, interactions like this), and at least this is more entertaining than waiting in a 3 hour line to meet Cinderella.

In full agreement about the DHS shows. Idk why BatB isn't getting a movie-esque update, or an enclosed theater to do a longer show. A 45 minute, detailed musical a la Aladdin or Frozen is needed at that park. Little Mermaid should definitely bow out for Tangled or Moana.
Yeah. No reason why Storytime with Belle (the original version you saw) had to be expanded into the colossal waste of space that is Enchated Tales. It was much smaller in scale. All they had to do was make a huge building that contained the ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, and a moved Storytime into the castle's library that still used the same basic amount of space as when it was outdoors.
Only if it goes 'round and round'.
This thread keeps going round and round.
New attraction in World Showcase = "World Showcase isn't about rides, corporate is bastardizing the concept."
Only when it doesn't fit the concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom