michmousefan

This was a very very good call. I remember your original post on this and your analysis seems to be on the right track.

In the movie, humans couldn't breath on Pandora due to high green house gas levels in the atmosphere, particularly Carbon Dioxide. What would cause the increased Carbon Dioxide levels? Destruction of plants that act as carbon sinks.

So logically, years after RDA is finished, it would make sense for them to have a resurgent plant life returning to its' place as a carbon sink. That would theoretically halt global warming and make it possible for humans to breath again.

That's how I expect the story to go.

Along with the plant @sedati identified, there's another species too. Vein Pods, that suck the methane out of the air and store it inside their bodies, thus acting as a major methane sink (another green house gas). If RDA had carelessly destroyed thousands of acres of forests that had groves of these vein pods, that could seriously up methane levels.

https://mobile.twitter.com/visitpandora/status/839596716705923073/video/1

I'm starting to think that the next movie will start with Pandora slowly dying. How do the Navi work through this and convince the rest of humanity that they need to fix the mess they made. I'm not exactly sure how you make that into a 5 movie saga though. They're going to need a very good story.
I also recall Cameron saying that the other sequels would take place [at least to a certain extent] on the other moons of the planet Polyphemus... one of them was mostly completely covered with water... makes sense for JC's love of underwater photography & exploration. Perhaps Pandora is more of a central base in the new movies.

Patcheslee

Like I said before, the ride is not like Soarin'. That is the great part of the design, it doesn't need to push out into the screen, all you see is screen up and down and left and right, no screen edges, and you won't see any people legs above you or anything like that and you have to physically turn your head to the side to see the riders beside you, and why would you? All the action is in front of you.
This is the only part I've beeing wondering about: being able to see my kid. With have an 8 year old, I'd hope I could see her while riding. That whole "is she loving or being scared to death on this" thing lol

glendroid

C7C1BnpW0AQTdGw.jpg

Daveeeeed

Attractions Magazine has put out 2 videos that give us some new looks:

I'm betting that they're not showing Flight of Passage on account of people thinking it will be bad. It's like watching Spider-Man or Soarin' on a computer... while you get a glimpse of how it looks, screen rides feel way different than a video of it. Rides like Pirates you can at least see its scale and be wowed for that, but you cannot even capture screen rides that like Ratatouille on video. Of course, they also want the hype to continue up until and after the opening.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

I'm betting that they're not showing Flight of Passage on account of people thinking it will be bad. It's like watching Spider-Man or Soarin' on a computer... while you get a glimpse of how it looks, screen rides feel way different than a video of it. Rides like Pirates you can at least see its scale and be wowed for that -- but you cannot capture screen rides like Ratatouille on video.
I think that is true, but I also think they are trying to keep the big E-ticket under wraps until the land is closer to opening.

Capsin4

Nice video. Looks like a bunch of Prolemuris (Prolemuri?) swinging in the canopy. Seems like there'll be more to see on the river than I thought...and much more kinetic even with only one AA. I like the addition of the viperwolf cubs. Makes it more like observing a family on safari rather than being stalked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom