Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

flyerjab

I'm just going to say right out - Geyser Point is spectacular. The view from our table.

IMG_6866.JPG

One of the best views at a Disney QS.

WDW1974

I'm just going to say right out - Geyser Point is spectacular. The view from our table.

View attachment 194018

One of the best views at a Disney QS.

Yes and the food is terrific too.

Unfortunately, it comes at a price of almost destroying the WL. But who cares so long as The Timeshare Kingdom of the World grows, right?

The new villas look absolutely like crap and are designed like someone went to IKEA. And the convoluted back story that cost WDI who knows how much to craft is absurd. The whole idea that WL was created in the image of National Parks lodges has been replaced by railroad and travel tales. And the 'Copper Creek Villas' reside inside the WL, but why should that matter?

SpaceMountain77

Unfortunately, it comes at a price of almost destroying the WL. But who cares so long as The Timeshare Kingdom of the World grows, right?

The new villas look absolutely like crap and are designed like someone went to IKEA. And the convoluted back story that cost WDI who knows how much to craft is absurd. The whole idea that WL was created in the image of National Parks lodges has been replaced by railroad and travel tales. And the 'Copper Creek Villas' reside inside the WL, but why should that matter?

Ken Potrock spoke of the newest Disney Vacation Club resort in a video that was posted on the DVC Facebook page. Regarding the cabins, Ken said that DVC was listening to its members by creating more unique offerings. If the average member owns 150 points and a week in a cabin during Adventure season is 639 points, then who do you suspect DVC is listening to for suggestions?

One day, 20 years from now, after DVC and Parks & Resorts have erected a dozen or so towers and skyscrapers, I wonder if someone with sense will realize that Walt's planned utopia became another major American city driven by capitalism and corporate greed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ken Potrock spoke of the newest Disney Vacation Club resort in a video that was posted on the DVC Facebook page. Regarding the cabins, Ken said that DVC was listening to its members by creating more unique offerings. If the average member owns 150 points and a week in a cabin during Adventure season is 639 points, then who do you suspect DVC is listening to for suggestions?

One day, 20 years from now, after DVC and Parks & Resorts have erected a dozen or so towers and skyscrapers, I wonder if someone with sense will realize that Walt's planned utopia became another major American city driven by capitalism and corporate greed.

It already is....it has its own improvement district. Neither the cities of Buena Vista or Bay Lake existed before Disney....Disney created them.

flyerjab

I was really hoping for a more constructive response..and perhaps pictures. But thanks anyway....

We will be visiting the show room at SSR tomorrow. I will see what I can do. We are interested in this new DVC expansion.

I always will give things the benefit of doubt before judging. Case on point - the new rooms at YC. I saw pictures online and thought they looked bland and uninspired. After staying in one two nights ago, I totally changed my mind. Those new rooms a great!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We will be visiting the show room at SSR tomorrow. I will see what I can do. We are interested in this new DVC expansion.

I always will give things the benefit of doubt before judging. Case on point - the new rooms at YC. I saw pictures online and thought they looked bland and uninspired. After staying in one two nights ago, I totally changed my mind. Those new rooms a great!

That's my mindset also. Those pictures are artists renderings. Until I see the actual mockups myself next month or someone posts pictures from their tour, I'm reserving judgement. From what I saw of the new pool construction from my room, I think it's going to be amazing and can't wait for it to be finished.

hpyhnt 1000

I'm sorry to get nit picky for a moment, but who approved installation of these very out of place LED walkway lights?

View attachment 186104

I hope those aren't the final products becuase they stink. There do seem to be footings (circled in red) at the base of each light that could be for more elaborate, appropriately themed fixtures, and the current ones are just placeholders to get the area opened ASAP. Fingers crossed...

To bring my earlier post full circle, based on the pics from @flyerjab (quoted below), great to see the appropriately lampposts now installed. Much better than the initial ones we saw.

Yeah, the original theme centered on a tribute to the National Parks lodges has been completely consumed. Shame too, as a railroad sub-theme can be a good complement to the parks one (as the original villas showed). But this is what happens when you try to add theming to a build rather than building to a theme.

Geyser Point does look great. It'd look even better if there wasn't a subdivision of cabins right next to it!

flyerjab

At breakfast this morning they had screens down to block the wind coming off Bay Lake.

IMG_6882.JPG

You can see on the rafters above that there are heaters. Also, after you order they bring it to your table with cloth napkins and real silverware. Another great touch!

The portion sizes are very good. For dinner last night we had the salmon BLT, smoked turkey sandwich and the classic bacon cheeseburger with waffle fries. All fantastic! I also had the quinoa salad and it was great. Also, it was cold last night and the staff brought out blankets for those that needed them!

For breakfast all the choices looked good. I chose the scrambled eggs, potato hash, bacon and cheddar biscuit. Yum!

IMG_6880.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom