Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

DDLand

A note on the lack of rustic interiors. Wilderness Lodge has always had a deep backstory explaining its' creation. That was only further enhanced when they added the original DVC (Boulder Ridge now I suppose).

The progression was that the original Lodge was actually built much later then Boulder Ridge. The main Lodge was in fact a new more modern Lodge that was built for added capacity and to make a bold statement to more modern travelers (as of the early 1900s) to replace the older hotel.

This new Copper Creek continues on the progression by bringing in a new era of time, a mid century buildout. That's why (several pages back) I found the cabins odd looking. They looked more modern and not in keeping with the either the Lodge or Boulder Ridge. Copper Creek is from a whole new time period.

The new progression (by my recollection) is as follows:
1) Late 1800s. Boulder Ridge built by a Railroad company to drive tourism to new more rustic locations. This was a common practice among real Railroad companies.
2) Early 1900s. Due to high demand and a desire for more modern facilities, the main Lodge is built.
3) Mid 1900s. Copper Creek built inspired by mid century architecture and design. More regular tourists than ever before demanding more modern amenities and offerings.

This is why Copper Creek's interiors and exteriors may look odd. They're not designed to be exactly like the other two Resorts. This one has its very own distinct identity.

Whether this was a good choice by Disney is another thing entirely, and frankly I still don't adore the look of the cabins clashing with the other buildings...

Jon81uk

We need more locations that can handle 5 people in a standard room. I'm not going to book an 8 person room for only 5 people.

Yes, a one bed villa should be able to sleep more than four, given it takes up the same amount of space in the building as two studios, which between them can sleep eight (just without the kitchen). Either a pull down or roll out in the main bedroom or a murphy bed on the dining table could work.

yaksplat

Stay at Boulder ridge if you need 5 in a studio. Copper creek are smaller- and when you see the layout- a murphy bed wouldn't even fit as the rooms are too narrow. With the sofa bed pulled out you wouldnt be able to open the murphy bed- so I understand why it only sleeps 4 in the studio.
There are plenty of options of sleeping 5- which, lets keep in mind that you never had the option for 5 until 2013. Before then, it's always been four. BRV, BCV, BWV- all converted from 4 to 5. GFV and Poly started with 5. Bay Lake and CCV won't be able to have 5 ever due to the size of the rooms. I wouldnt be surprised to see SSR/OKW/AKL change one day to 5 if it proves popular (except the values at AKL)
Fortunately my youngest had been young enough where it didn't matter, but that's no longer the case. He's now a full human in Disney's eyes. Poly looks like the way to go for us.

flyerjab

We will probably be buying points here. Actually considering doing a split contract with another couple so that staying in a cabin is a possibility. From what I have seen online, I really like the new restaurant/lounge, and the new pool area looks really nice. As far as the rooms go, it seems like they really went for it with the grand villas and cabins. The studio, 1 and 2 bedrooms…not so much. Overall though I love this addition.

MaxsDad

So if it opens inJuly, and you are staying in the DVC building in June, you will be in an old style VWL room?

Then on July 17, Boom, new rooms eveywhere?

Jon81uk

So if it opens inJuly, and you are staying in the DVC building in June, you will be in an old style VWL room?

They will be seperate bookings for the Boulder Ridge and the Copper Creek rooms. You will choose when booking which you are in.

note2001

The old villas (Boulder Ridge) and the new villas (Copper Creek) are separate DVCs. You'd book one or the other.
Also, Disney can only fill rooms that have been declared into inventory (and usually, at the same time, released for sale). CCV is small, so I suspect they may be able to release them in 2 sets as opposed to Kidani which, if I recall correctly, took over a year of releases.

Last edited:

21stamps

I had said, maybe a month or 2 ago, that I was rooting for exposed wood beams.
And...
Yay! They did it!

Not that I'll be stayed in one of the cabins anytime soon, but I'm so glad for the people who will be. They photos look great!

Flynnwriter

While the cabins and suite look amazing, the standard rooms are characterless with the charm of an airport Hyatt. Please include those photos here. It seems Disney keep homogenizing the basic guest rooms and dilluting their brand and guest experience. Please stop making everything new in guest room look like the outside world. It's boring and ordinary.

Who are they hiring for interiors? Local non-Disney design firms?

Last edited:

aladdin2007

While the cabins and suite look amazing, the standard rooms are characterless with the charm of an airport Hyatt. Please include those photos here. It seems Disney keep homogenizing the basic guest rooms and dilluting their brand and guest experience. Please stop making everything new in guest room look like the outside world. It's boring and ordinary.

agree, they did the same at the Yacht Club. you no longer feel like your staying at Disney World, they continue to take the Disney out of these locations which is very sad.

note2001

The furniture being used in the images for these studios and 1&2 br rooms looks like stuff one might pick up at yard sales as a young person getting their first apartment. Looks like anyone's average home, and the stuff we strive to eliminate or paint over to make it match better.

Ransom

Look on the bright side: in a year or two, you'll look at those photos and wish the furniture in your room looked that nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom