Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

janoimagine

My apologies if this has been mentioned throughout this thread somewhere. My mom went to WL today and was told by a CM that some of the main building rooms are going to be turned into DVC, what I would assume would be studios. Is this true? Has this been confirmed or just rumor?
1000% correct. The entire South Wing will now be part of the Copper Creek Villas, those of us who own in Boulder Ridge have not been given any idea if the association will be the same or if it will be separate, my guess it is will be but no official word has been given.

Ransom

Since there were suite and junior suites were in that wing as well as regular rooms, there's no reason they couldn't have a mix.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
1000% correct. The entire South Wing will now be part of the Copper Creek Villas, those of us who own in Boulder Ridge have not been given any idea if the association will be the same or if it will be separate, my guess it is will be but no official word has been given.

I keep saying East wing... guess I'm directionally challenged...

I asked, since I'm also an owner at Boulder Creek, thinking I would be able to purchase more points. Was told, by DVC, that it's a new, separate resort. If the new rooms are scheduled for occupancy later this year (I keep hearing summer), then points should go on sale soon. Think they are waiting for the sales office and mockup to be completed.... that's what the large building by the new pool is supposed to be, according to my DVC salesman last month.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Per the same rumors there should also be lock-off 2br units in the main building conversion in addition to the GVs. While fun to speculate what may be, I wish Disney would just release the floor plans already.

In total agreement. I'll be there in a one bedroom for the Princess half weekend next month. Think I'll stop by the DVC desk in the Lodge and inquire. Or even better, maybe the new sales office over by Boulder Creek will be open by then....

note2001

In total agreement. I'll be there in a one bedroom for the Princess half weekend next month. Think I'll stop by the DVC desk in the Lodge and inquire. Or even better, maybe the new sales office over by Boulder Creek will be open by then....
Good luck! Take lots of pics.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Sorry, incorrect. Copper Creek is an entirely SEPARATE DVC offering from Bolder Ridge. BRV already has a fixed property description.
The SHARED Lodge offerings are shared offerings.... existing owners will share in the cost.

BRV owners may book CCV at the 7 month interval.
CCV Owners may book BRV at the 7 month interval.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Sorry, incorrect. Copper Creek is an entirely SEPARATE DVC offering from Bolder Ridge. BRV already has a fixed property description.
The SHARED Lodge offerings are shared offerings.... existing owners will share in the cost.

Wait, what? By shared costs, do you mean annual dues?

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Wait, what? By shared costs, do you mean annual dues?

Well, yes.... we have ALWAYS had shared costs. The Quiet pool, for example. This no longer exists. We have a NEW pool - costs split between BRV owners, CCV owners, and general Hotel.

While dues costs will be adjusted based on "shared resources" - CCV is not included in the BRV Contract. It is outside the property description. BRV owners are not responsible for CCV construction costs, or any element outside of the existing CONTRACT Property description.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well, yes.... we have ALWAYS had shared costs. The Quiet pool, for example. This no longer exists. We have a NEW pool - costs split between BRV owners, CCV owners, and general Hotel.

While dues costs will be adjusted based on "shared resources" - CCV is not included in the BRV Contract. It is outside the property description. BRV owners are not responsible for CCV construction costs, or any element outside of the existing CONTRACT Property description.

Okay, I'm fine with that - I knew that. I was going to question the legality of Disney increasing our dues to cover the costs of maintaining CCV when our leasehold interest is in BRV.

Still don't understand why Disney decided to make the expansion a new property. I'm sure Florida law wouldn't prohibit a change in the description of the physical property for the leasehold. I haven't looked at my contract in a few years, but unless it included a physical description of the property, such as a plat and boundaries (like the legal description of the property my house sits on), the expansion could be easily incorporated into our leasehold. If not, just send addendums to each existing owner to sign. Which I'm surprised we've not received, since Disney officially changed the name to Boulder Creek and our contracts state Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Unless they did and I just don't remember.... getting old.

janoimagine

That was what I had said, that my guess is it would be 100% separate but Disney, to my knowledge, has made no official announcement as of yet.

janoimagine

Still don't understand why Disney decided to make the expansion a new property. I'm sure Florida law wouldn't prohibit a change in the description of the physical property for the leasehold. I haven't looked at my contract in a few years, but unless it included a physical description of the property, such as a plat and boundaries (like the legal description of the property my house sits on), the expansion could be easily incorporated into our leasehold. If not, just send addendums to each existing owner to sign. Which I'm surprised we've not received, since Disney officially changed the name to Boulder Creek and our contracts state Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Unless they did and I just don't remember.... getting old.

I was wondering the same thing myself ... since the beautiful view of the pines and the lake has changed drastically now, you would think owners of BRV's would get some type pf compensation. The trees are gone and your looking at the backside of the cabins now.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 24. A construction update to the Wilderness Lodge DVC addition and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins. Here is an overview of the new Boulder Ridge Cove Pool, with the first cabin on the right background, and part of the Geyser Point Bar & Grill building on the left background. Rockwork is progressing all along the pool boundary.

IMG_9066.JPG

A close-up of the first cabin, nearest to the Cove Pool. The lakeside of the cabin is mostly glass, with a wide porch. Notice that the view from this cabin window will be all rockwork and plants, instead of the busy pool (hidden by the rockwork).

IMG_9060.JPG

A close-up of the "back side" of Geyser Point Bar & Grille.

IMG_9061.JPG

The rehab of this existing wing of Wilderness Lodge, which will overlook Boulder Ridge Cove Pool.

IMG_9071.JPG

The view from the back of the existing pool side bar to the Geyser Point Bar & Grill entrance. Landscaping was going in today.

IMG_9075.JPG

Close-up of the side of Geyser Point Bar & Grill, with a large covered porch.

IMG_9074.JPG

Geyser Point Bar & Grill entrance. Notice the copper centerpiece inside the building.

IMG_9076.JPG

Another view behind the existing poolside bar showing the existing Wilderness Lodge wing (right) being converted into DVC rooms.

IMG_9077.JPG

A view from the geyser boardwalk towards the new Geyser Point Bar & Grill. The existing poolside bar is just to the right of this photo.

IMG_9080.JPG

WDWtraveler

Additional photos. Update as of Tuesday, January 24. Standing on the existing boat transportation dock, looking at the Copper Creek cabins in front of Boulder Ridge Cove Pool. The new Geyser Point Bar & Grill is the larger building on the right, with a large open deck lakeside.

IMG_9081.JPG

Standing on the existing boat transportation dock, looking at the Copper Creek cabins to the right which extend towards the Magic Kingdom. The monorail can be seen in the distance. In the center of the photo is the new berm with trees that was constructed to hide the road and reduce traffic noise.

IMG_9082.JPG

Finally, a new cover / overhang is being added outside the door to Roaring Forks quick service dining.

IMG_9083.JPG

JaxFLBear

That was what I had said, that my guess is it would be 100% separate but Disney, to my knowledge, has made no official announcement as of yet.
They officially announced that it would be a separate resort last year. In August 2016, they applied for a separate Florida timeshare license for the development.
PRESS RELEASE: Name Announced for New Disney Vacation Club Development at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Celebration, Fla. (May 19, 2016) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced the name for its new development currently under construction at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The proposed 14th Disney Vacation Club Resort will be known as Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

As part of this transition, the original Disney Vacation Club property at the resort – The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – will be renamed Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Both Copper Creek Villas & Cabins and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will feature unique new details that further explore the rich storyline of Disney's Wilderness Lodge.
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...ss-lodge-dvc-confirmed-existing-units-renamed

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for the photos @WDWtraveler. I'm starting to get excited about the renovations and expansions. Will be there next month for Princess Half and will check it out for myself.

mm121

How does it work for existing rooms to be converted to dvc rooms?

does the timeshare entity "buy" the rooms from the hotel?

i hate that they do that reducing room inventory at the resorts just to make dvc

really not a fan of these cabins, they've really changed the look of the resort and not in a good way, though they totally destroyed wilderness lodge when they fenced off the hot tubs then gave them official closing hours, do they actually ever "lock" the pool gates though?

soaking in the hot tubs at wilderness was one of the favorite things we did on a trip a few years back after a long day at the parks on a cool december night

hpyhnt 1000

I'm sorry to get nit picky for a moment, but who approved installation of these very out of place LED walkway lights?

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.41.07 PM.png

I hope those aren't the final products becuase they stink. There do seem to be footings (circled in red) at the base of each light that could be for more elaborate, appropriately themed fixtures, and the current ones are just placeholders to get the area opened ASAP. Fingers crossed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom