News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Goofyernmost

I belive if the Mickey ride is built they will have to demo the ride building, but I'm not sure about the façade
Logically, if they are even harboring minor thoughts about having it open at the same time as SWL, they will not be demo-ing anything. Especially considering it's location in the middle of the park. Think about how long it took to just take down the hate, much less build something new. I suspect it will have the same track, the same ride vehicles just a different story line with different characters.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It did look like a fun ride, but they would have to demo the old ride building still correct?

I belive if the Mickey ride is built they will have to demo the ride building, but I'm not sure about the façade

Logically, if they are even harboring minor thoughts about having it open at the same time as SWL, they will not be demo-ing anything. Especially considering it's location in the middle of the park. Think about how long it took to just take down the hate, much less build something new. I suspect it will have the same track, the same ride vehicles just a different story line with different characters.

The current show building stays.

Haymarket2008

I believe @marni1971 has indicated that the building will be gutted and will be a LPS based attraction. Totally new ride vehicles. Basically all remnants of GMR will be removed.

rushtest4echo

I've been waiting for them to just 86 GMR for over a decade. If they're not going to give it a proper update, please just rip it out and replace it with something better. At this point, the ride is hardly better than the worst ride on earth, that being Hollywood Tour at Phantasialand (which is in fact a rip off of GMR, hah). Well it's actually a rip off of pretty much anything Disney or Universal was building in Orlando in the late 80's mixed with Pirates of the Caribbean for some crazy reason.

By the way, Phantasialand is quickly advancing to become one of the top non-Disney parks on earth- people should take note. I already prefer the place to all Amercan theme parks aside from Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and EPCOT. It's about on par with Islands of Adventure. Klugheim is every bit as impressive as Potter except for the strong IP/tugging at heartstrings that Universal's achieved with Potter. Taron and Black Mamba are better than any coasters at Universal too.

rushtest4echo

There's a chance the current load layout could be retained and the preshow could get the box in a box Test Track job.

So, like the If You Had Wings > Dreamflight > Buzz Lightyear job or the Mission to Mars > Alien Encounter > Stitch job or the Circlevision > Timekeeper > MILF job or the Journey into Imagination > Journey into your Imagination job or the Mickey Mouse Review > Legend of the Lion King > Philharmagic job or the Studio Tour Soundstages > Millionaire > Toy Story Mania job? I know they're not all as cut and dry but they've done it a lot it seems.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, like the If You Had Wings > Dreamflight > Buzz Lightyear job or the Mission to Mars > Alien Encounter > Stitch job or the Circlevision > Timekeeper > MILF job or the Journey into Imagination > Journey into your Imagination job or the Mickey Mouse Review > Legend of the Lion King > Philharmagic job or the Studio Tour Soundstages > Millionaire > Toy Story Mania job? I know they're not all as cut and dry but they've done it a lot it seems.
No. Not like that.

The main ride space and ride system will be new.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
IMO, Disney has done a poor job casting GMR in the last few years and the attraction has descended into cheese. I always seem to get a mobster with WAY too much enthusiasm for the role. I don't know if it's Disney trying to be PC or what, but just because someone would make a good Jungle Cruise skipper doesn't mean they can play a tough guy in a 1930s gangster film.

SteveAZee

IMO, Disney has done a poor job casting GMR in the last few years and the attraction has descended into cheese. I always seem to get a mobster with WAY too much enthusiasm for the role. I don't know if it's Disney trying to be PC or what, but just because someone would make a good Jungle Cruise skipper doesn't mean they can play a tough guy in a 1930s gangster film.

My experience has been hit-or-miss with the drivers/cast members from the beginning. It seems like they can be good, boring, or cringe-worthy and it really affects the ride experience. I haven't been in a few years so perhaps it's gotten even worse since my last trip.

tirian

My experience has been hit-or-miss with the drivers/cast members from the beginning. It seems like they can be good, boring, or cringe-worthy and it really affects the ride experience. I haven't been in a few years so perhaps it's gotten even worse since my last trip.

New CPs are often the worst at spieling for themed attractions. If you get an unusually chirpy TOT bellhop, an extremely rude (not merely "serious") HM butler or maid, or a GMR host who barely speaks English and rushes through the script, it's probably a CP.

lazyboy97o

The actors unions have long tried to argue that the spiel heavy attractions should be part of their domain. Keeping these attractions as Attractions means no actual casting process with staff placed just as they would anywhere else.

wdrive

New CPs are often the worst at spieling for themed attractions. If you get an unusually chirpy TOT bellhop, an extremely rude (not merely "serious") HM butler or maid, or a GMR host who barely speaks English and rushes through the script, it's probably a CP.

How rude. A new inexperienced full/part timer is just as likely to be as bad as new inexperienced CP

Castle Cake Apologist

I've been waiting for them to just 86 GMR for over a decade. If they're not going to give it a proper update, please just rip it out and replace it with something better. At this point, the ride is hardly better than the worst ride on earth, that being Hollywood Tour at Phantasialand (which is in fact a rip off of GMR, hah). Well it's actually a rip off of pretty much anything Disney or Universal was building in Orlando in the late 80's mixed with Pirates of the Caribbean for some crazy reason.

By the way, Phantasialand is quickly advancing to become one of the top non-Disney parks on earth- people should take note. I already prefer the place to all Amercan theme parks aside from Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and EPCOT. It's about on par with Islands of Adventure. Klugheim is every bit as impressive as Potter except for the strong IP/tugging at heartstrings that Universal's achieved with Potter. Taron and Black Mamba are better than any coasters at Universal too.

Any ride that features a water skiing chimpanzee animatronic being pulled by a crocodile is alright in my book.

Bocabear

It was pretty bad last time I was there. The script is really stale and wooden... They need to rewrite it, add more effects and update... Bring the Busby Berkely set back online, digitally project the water and let the turntable spin...

Princess Leia

Well that was something. It felt like half of the dialogue/sounds were gone.

brb1006

My host was a female with glasses and didn't sound like she was having fun the entire time and was mostly monotone. The mobster was worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom