The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Okay, I could use some advice here...

I'm looking for a box to store some keepsakes. Mostly cards and such from my great grandmother (who passed when I was 14) and others. I'm looking for a nice box that I can store them in. I haven't had any luck and could use some ideas, keeping in mind that I'm not artistically inclined and don't want to spend a ton of money on this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Michaels have some very sturdy craft/gift boxes. They are one piece and magnetic tops that envelope over to stay secure. They stack nicely too. All sorts of sizes and designs. I love them. If they are not on sale don't forget to pull up a 40% off coupon on your smart phone, they will scan it.

08e8da2e18b8686de989196110ca4d3f.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Finally got out of there around 1:30. Walking to the train station was dicey with the snow and ice, but I made the train. Hubs picked me up at the station, but had a few minor skid-outs on the way down there to pick me up, even when he was driving very slowly. Most people out on the streets were just snowplow drivers and cops. Only lunatics like me who work in hospitals commute on a day like this! :p

Oh, I saw some incredible TV news footage of a giant tractor trailer that jack-knifed, doing a complete donut, on the Lenny Zakim Bridge (it's the widest bridge we have in Boston--10 lanes). It was a miracle that no cars were close enough to him when he spun out on the ice, because most people stayed off the road today. Whew! Later on, a passenger car flipped over on the Zakim--wasn't the safest day on the bridge . . . :cautious:

And you love this white fluff why again? :confused:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Okay, I could use some advice here...

I'm looking for a box to store some keepsakes. Mostly cards and such from my great grandmother (who passed when I was 14) and others. I'm looking for a nice box that I can store them in. I haven't had any luck and could use some ideas, keeping in mind that I'm not artistically inclined and don't want to spend a ton of money on this. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Jo Ann's, Michael's and AC Moore all have what you're looking for. Just make sure the box you get is for preserving paper as in acid free. If you're going to keep the notes and such wrapped in tissue paper make sure that's acid free. The point is what you'll need is in the scrap booking section and btw before purchasing check each web site for coupons, never pay retail:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh my 2 feet! That is crazy! I'm sure those boys of yours are working up an appetitie shoveling that for you. It seems as if you have had a lot of snow days this year, have they had to extend the school year yet?
They are out of days the general thought is they won't lose any days for Easter and just extend the year into the next week:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: We don't have enough days to take without extending into the next week. That works for me because the pool will be open for a week while the darling angels are in school:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
That was a fun story that @donaldtoo shared. I too like maps. I have been known to look through our road Atlas from time to time, just looking at the maps. I'm not very good with puzzles but I am very good with maps and orientation. I once though of taking old maps and using them as wall paper or framing them in our spare bedroom. Ultimately I did not, as it seemed like too much work. But I guess you and I are both map geeks!:geek:
Me three:joyfull: My first project I got to pick myself for math involved a map:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Finally got out of there around 1:30. Walking to the train station was dicey with the snow and ice, but I made the train. Hubs picked me up at the station, but had a few minor skid-outs on the way down there to pick me up, even when he was driving very slowly. Most people out on the streets were just snowplow drivers and cops. Only lunatics like me who work in hospitals commute on a day like this! :p

Oh, I saw some incredible TV news footage of a giant tractor trailer that jack-knifed, doing a complete donut, on the Lenny Zakim Bridge (it's the widest bridge we have in Boston--10 lanes). It was a miracle that no cars were close enough to him when he spun out on the ice, because most people stayed off the road today. Whew! Later on, a passenger car flipped over on the Zakim--wasn't the safest day on the bridge . . . :cautious:
Glad you mad it home in one piece but please for your own safety seek help.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Around here with that much snow the announcement would be school for the remainder of March is a no go. Actually, I might have welcomed a storm like that today as I have a fun for all involved Colonoscopy tomorrow morning. However, I have already done all of the fasting and half the go-go juice, I might as well get it over with tomorrow.

If that were to happen to me, I'm afraid that custodial would have to be called in to clean up the remains of what used to be a seagull. "Yea, ya ain't gotta worry bout seein him no more".:mad::angelic::in pain:
I would gladly change places with you. Prayers and pixie dust xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Cute! :)
But, this is MY kinda' animal print...! :D

View attachment 193920

Could you make me a shirt...pretty please...?!
:D ;)
The leopard one was just to see if I could draft a pattern myself that would fit. It was actually pretty easy but then again nothing fancy schmancy like what you design. As for the shirt no prob as soon as I'm caught up here, not that that's ever going to happen as long as my boys are here:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Goofyernmost

Some people are just apologetic, part of their personalities. Me, I am a good cook but poop happens and somethings just don't turn out right...my way of presenting the meal is we can either eat this or go out to dinner...your choice. Nobody has ever balked at my offer of choice.

And my Gran had one of those grinders. I never saw her use it. Guessing it was left over from an era before my time. We lived in a Big Urban area at that time and Butchers did all that for you at no charge.
I think my sister still has it and uses it on occasion. I know that there are times when I'm preparing something that I think it would be handy. It actually was easier to use and clean up then a food processor, but, of course, couldn't be used for anything mixing with liquid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom