Overheard at Disneyland...

Curious Constance

So many kids are scared of the magic flush. My kids were when they were first potty trained.

Plus I don't think kids have the capability to tell when they have to go.

Every night I tell my 9 year old to go to the bathroom right before bed. Every night he says, "I don't have to go." And every night, two minutes after I turn his light out, he's walking into my room, walking past me into the bathroom saying, "I have to pee."

!!!!!

D

Deleted member 107043

This isn't nearly as good as some of the other stories, but I once overheard someone ask their companion where the Tiki Room was, and the response was, "Oh it's over there", pointing in the direction of Adventureland, "in Jungleland".

Like a true Disneyland geek I wasn't sure if I should correct him or scream.

D

Deleted member 107043

OOO another good one I have. I was in line for the astro orbiter, and a group of teenagers got in a huge shouting match with a mom who was picking up her stroller by the line. "I'm gonna climb up there and beat your a**"

I blame the stroller. Disneyland + Strollers can cause even the most reasonable person to snap. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Standing in line for Jungle Cruise, a 50something guy was telling the rest of his party in a boastful tone that "all the kids that work on this ride are actually Stand-Up Comics, and Disney constantly goes around SoCal and recruits them from comedy clubs and nightclubs. That's how their jokes are so funny."

He was dead serious.

GiveMeTheMusic

Standing in line for Jungle Cruise, a 50something guy was telling the rest of his party in a boastful tone that "all the kids that work on this ride are actually Stand-Up Comics, and Disney constantly goes around SoCal and recruits them from comedy clubs and nightclubs. That's how their jokes are so funny."

He was dead serious.

I would have had to hold my slapping hand with my other hand to keep it from doing its God-given duty.

180º

"You know Big Thunder Mountain is way over there, right?"
— Man, standing right next to the BTMRR entrance

"That's Toontown."
— Woman on Mickey and Friends Tram, pointing to Indiana Jones show building

"This is an elevator. We're going down right now."
— So many guests in the ToT library

"Weren't they going to close this down?"
— Woman in Tiki Room

"I remember when they used to have [attraction that still exists]."
— Many a guest

Phroobar

Didn't a lot of people around here think the library floor was a giant scale?That is why you had to stand in a certain place away from the walls.

Old Mouseketeer

"You know Big Thunder Mountain is way over there, right?"
— Man, standing right next to the BTMRR entrance

"That's Toontown."
— Woman on Mickey and Friends Tram, pointing to Indiana Jones show building

"Weren't they going to close this down?"
— Woman in Tiki Room

"I remember when they used to have [attraction that still exists]."
— Many a guest

Overheard guest at the "real" pet cemetary (i.e., the elevated lawn on the North side of HM): "these are all Walt's own pets"

Me: "Oh yeah, that's totally true."

Likewise, Walt was frozen, there's a tunnel to TS Island, SB Castle was transported stone-by-stone from Europe, HM opening was delayed because it was too scary and somebody died, etc.

D

Deleted member 107043

Overheard guest at the "real" pet cemetary (i.e., the elevated lawn on the North side of HM): "these are all Walt's own pets"

Me: "Oh yeah, that's totally true."

Likewise, Walt was frozen, there's a tunnel to TS Island, SB Castle was transported stone-by-stone from Europe, HM opening was delayed because it was too scary and somebody died, etc.

My goodness. I'd never heard any of these tall tales before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Mouseketeer

My goodness. I've never heard any of these tall tales before.

The most common of all is Walt being frozen, even though the first cryogenic freezing occurred the year after he died, and it was only the head that was frozen. This myth was highlighted in South America in the documentary, Walt and Los Grupos, which I highly recommend.

The above ground HM building was build in the early '60s, but not opened until 1969, thus inviting speculation.

D

Deleted member 107043

The most common of all is Walt being frozen, even though the first cryogenic freezing occurred the year after he died, and it was only the head that was frozen. This myth was highlighted in South America in the documentary, Walt and Los Grupos, which I highly recommend.

The above ground HM building was build in the early '60s, but not opened until 1969, thus inviting speculation.

Oh yeah, I'd heard the cryogenic nonsense about Walt before, but Sleeping Beauty Castle built of stone transported from Europe? :hilarious:

Earl Sweatpants

Original Poster
Oh yeah, I'd heard the cryogenic nonsense about Walt before, but Sleeping Beauty Castle built of stone transported from Europe? :hilarious:
There was a really awful book series I read written by super Disney fanbois (and girls) and the big cliffhanger at the end of the first book is that the character finds Walt's frozen body in a secret chamber located underneath the Pirates ride. The chamber was accessed behind the bed in the Pirates early bedroom scene. The book also had a plot point where the characters had to get the map held by the skeleton in the bed and use it to lead them to the "treasure". Needless to say, Frozen Walt is a pretty popular "legend". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom