DHS Permits

Ripken10

Here is a drawing should the rough size and placement.
View attachment 189494

It's interesting that it does encroach into the path to the bus stops. The line with the blue arrow is the curb where the buses stop which would indicate to me that there is going to be some re-configuration of that bus drop offs. Considering the location I would think this structure has something to do with transportation.

View attachment 189496
I don't mean this to sound like a joke...but could it be anything of a food variety (just thinking of how they sold pizza, etc at bus stops). I wouldn't think it would, but...

olie64

Here is a drawing should the rough size and placement.
View attachment 189494

It's interesting that it does encroach into the path to the bus stops. The line with the blue arrow is the curb where the buses stop which would indicate to me that there is going to be some re-configuration of that bus drop offs. Considering the location I would think this structure has something to do with transportation.

View attachment 189496

My wife and thought they are going to have to do something with the bus drop off before Star Wars. I think HS has the worse bus stop of the four parks

TiggerDad

An interesting modification to the original drainage permit for the DHS projects has been filed with the South Florida Water Management District.

The dotted yellow lines in the first image show the new work areas in this permit. The top one circled if blue will be covered in gravel and become a new laydown yard for construction staging. The one circled in blue at the bottom will also be covered in gravel so will probably be a new construction entrance. The two small areas by CBR are just small changes for runoff control.

The other two areas are more interesting. The both involve the modification of existing bodies of water and the construction of new buildings. The second and third images show the details of these, the red one is first, followed by the green one.
View attachment 189463

View attachment 189461

View attachment 189462
Call me crazy, but that building by the entrance is aligned exactly East-West, which does not align with any other aspect of the park entrance orientation. It does align exactly with the blue-circled gravel "construction road" that is east past the parking.

The crazy thing is it looks like about the same size as a monorail station. I know that monorail expansion has been shot down repeatedly, so could this be some other type of transportation station?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Call me crazy, but that building by the entrance is aligned exactly East-West, which does not align with any other aspect of the park entrance orientation. It does align exactly with the blue-circled gravel "construction road" that is east past the parking.

The crazy thing is it looks like about the same size as a monorail station. I know that monorail expansion has been shot down repeatedly, so could this be some other type of transportation station?

I really want to call this crazy talk, but I can't come up with a solid reason to do so. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Part of me really wants to say this is just a coincidence....

upload_2017-2-13_15-25-47.png

TiggerDad

Part of me really wants to say this is just a coincidence....

View attachment 189515
Ok, now do the same thing with the other building in the Boardwalk parking lot. It looks like one side of it aligns with International Gateway and just east of the DHS terminal. The other side parallels Buena Vista by the construction staging lot also in blue. Maybe that line later turns south along Victory Way to allow New CBR to connect with International Gateway.

TiggerDad

Take a look at that oddly shaped small building on the permits for CBR. The one just south of pond E4...
My mapmaking skills are nowhere near those of @danlb_2000 so I will defer, but eyeballing it, that doesn't look like the same size/shape and the alignment looks a little off. The RCID emergency building looks like it would be in the way. That being said, E4 would be a more logical place for a transportation station right next to the new building than the other big box in the middle of nowhere.

peter11435

My mapmaking skills are nowhere near those of @danlb_2000 so I will defer, but eyeballing it, that doesn't look like the same size/shape and the alignment looks a little off. The RCID emergency building looks like it would be in the way. That being said, E4 would be a more logical place for a transportation station right next to the new building than the other big box in the middle of nowhere.

The emergency services building should be just out of the way. And things on the ground would not necessarily be in the way.

Also the E4 building wouldn't be aligning with the studios. It would align with the building near boardwalk and the large building on the CBR site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom