Ticket Price Increase starts this Sunday!

Dad 2 M & M

Oh, I agree about macro and micro. Along with a personal finance course. Hell, a basic finance course should be required in HIGH SCHOOL.

Oh, marketing IS applied psychology. That they teach you in principles of marketing that a red Volkswagen is a different product than a yellow Volkswagen says it all.... The consumer was screwed the day Madison Avenue met Skinner....
You can have any color Model T you want...as long as it's Black....

To your point of the connection betwixt Marketing and Psychology; Economic theory is littered with psychology.....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
True, but the financial press will be the ones the folks on WS care about. Not saying the increase in tickets prices will have an adverse affect on DIS when the market opens tomorrow.

Just will blow up social media.

Agree on the effects on social media, You are correct in that only the WSJ or FT will trigger moves on Wall St

Rob Paige

Have to say that this is not surprising. Disney lacks leadership these days and is grossly overpriced. It is also not surprising that for the first time Universal surpassed them in growth.

Disney needs new leadership. Someone who can right the lost ship and return them to their roots -- massive creativity, world-class service, quality everything etc. Then, a price increase would not off so many people.

Dad 2 M & M

Just booked a trip for March and thought I'd share prices of car rentals and airfare.

Flight - from Atl to MCO is up $31...from $126 to $157
Rental Car - is up $12 from $31 to $43....I use one of two companies unless the el cheapo in terminal rental companies rates are too low to ignore

Same Tuesday - Friday rates, same companies........

skyphotographer

In January of 2016, I bought a number of 5 day park hoppers for $383, tax included. Now, that same ticket is $474. That's quite a jump in price! And, the tickets I bought in 2016 never expire until I start using them.

Dad 2 M & M

Thanks D... Disney really does have a great deal for Service Members & Vets. We've taken advantage of the deal 2 out of the last 3 years at WDW (and DLR before that). Really excited for our trip the week before Pandora opens.
Good for Disney to offer attractive pricing to true heroes.....wish ALL other companies would follow....

Thank you again, and an extended thank you to your family for sharing and supporting you while you serve all....

Last edited:

BrianV

Just booked a trip for March and thought I'd share prices of car rentals and airfare.

Flight - from Atl to MCO is up $31...from $126 to $157
Rental Car - is up $12 from $31 to $43....I use one of two companies unless the el cheapo in terminal rental companies rates are too low to ignore

Same Tuesday - Friday rates, same companies........

Over what time period?

BrianV

Just booked = end of February, 1st days of March
Previous data = Week of Jan 23rd

***Edit*** Just realized you might have been asking the lead time for booking - 3 - 4 weeks out and same for both trips ***end edit***

Got it. I meant what you thought. would think those are seasonal variations. But maybe not. We find that January flight and cars are usually pretty cheap. I'd be curious to have the same time period over two consecutive years. Even then I would think holiday dates and such might have a impact.

**Stacy**

Thanks for the heads up! I went over and bought my Universal Preferred AP(w/ 3 extra months free) before they hike prices too. Now I have somewhere to go when my Silver Disney AP blocks me out. Now I just need to figure out when I will have time to go to any of the parks around work and school..ugh :bookworm: :banghead: :cry:

21stamps

Do you know if there is a list like this one that shows the increase for the tiered Annual Passes from last year to this year? Unless I'm missing something, I'm only seeing the day and multi-day comparisons.
That's what I've been wondering. The APs look the same to me, but I could be wrong. I want to say mine was right around $800.
Actually, they may be up $30. Can't remember if it was $749 pre tax?

Dad 2 M & M

Got it. I meant what you thought. would think those are seasonal variations. But maybe not. We find that January flight and cars are usually pretty cheap. I'd be curious to have the same time period over two consecutive years. Even then I would think holiday dates and such might have a ****** impact.
Part of my point was the seasonality of pricing of many industries.
Seems to commonplace for fluctuation in airline/car rental pricing...and getting back to the point of this thread, my price increase comparison REALLY wasn't useful. Airline/car rental pricing are true fluctuations; both increase and DECREASE as demand dictates...too many "like" substitutes of IDENTICAL service. Disney doesn't have a true "like" substitute....and "yes", Universal is not a "like" substitute.

Drifting somewhat off subject here....Our experience has been cheap airline are easy to be had if you are willing to be flexible. The two EXTREME discounters, the Green one and Yellow one, really offer cheap fares. They come with extreme restrictions, and charge for almost everything, but if you travel light (think bookbag only), a round trip ticket from ATL to MCO, flying Tuesday - Friday can be had for sub $75.

The Yellow airline's website says "Lower fares generally available at the airport"......I can tell you that IS true, as business keeps me in airports, and I frequently get quotes from the counter agents. Most prices, round trip Atl to MCO are sub $50 when buying at the Yellow Airline's counter.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom