Ticket Price Increase starts this Sunday!

Katie G

how does someone go to the waterparks now that waterparks and more is gone?

You can still by 1-day water park tickets which let you into both water parks on the same day or you can add Park Hopper Plus to your ticket which gives you park hopper access and the previously named water park fun and more stuff. As to price, the new park hopper plus is only $15 more than park hopping so you get quite a bit for just $15 more.

Nemo14

In the last 7 years, the price of a 5 day ticket (non park hopper) has risen from $230, to $415. That is a $185 increase over 7 years.

Going back to the 1990's and using a 7 year time scale, the price of a 5 day ticket in 1992 was $162. In 7 years, it rose to $199 by 1999. That is an increase of $37 over 7 years.

Using a 7 year time scale in the early 2000's, a 5 day park hopper rose from $206 to $246 between 2000 - 2007. So in 7 years, it increased $40. And those prices are for Park Hoppers!

From 1992-2007: The price of a 5 day ticket went from $162 in 1992, up to$246 in 2007. In those 25 years the cost increased only $84. But in the last 7 years it has jumped $185! Am I crazy, or is that just insane?

I was using AllEars for pricing info.

yes and yes :hilarious:

:p

Dad 2 M & M

As long as pricing can counter decline in revenue. But they will hit a point when that's no longer possible.
Keep in mind a change in price moves along the existing Demand, curve, and changes the Quantity Demanded (Price Elasticity of Demand). Wait until the Studios Lands and other enhancements are complete shifting the Supply Curve (sort of), they will really start playing with prices...followed by a shift Demand Curve.....new equilibrium, etc.....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Keep in mind a change in price moves along the existing Demand, curve, and changes the Quantity Demanded (Price Elasticity of Demand). Wait until the Studios Lands and other enhancements are complete shifting the Supply Curve (sort of), they will really start playing with prices...followed by a shift Demand Curve.....new equilibrium, etc.....

I was going to mention the old supply/demand curve.....

Surely someone at Disney understands it.

Never thought I'd have a discussion about ticket pricing at Disney that would involve basic economic theory....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

But will the company last that long to actually get to the point where they have new supply as all the companies efforts and cash have been spent along the lines of optimizing the stock price

Dad 2 M & M

I was going to mention the old supply/demand curve.....

Surely someone at Disney understands it.

Never thought I'd have a discussion about ticket pricing at Disney that would involve basic economic theory....
Heard that...Your.. Surely someone at Disney understands it......from above...ya think? They completely manipulate economic theory. One, and I say ONE of the reasons Disney is so successful is they combine Economics with Marketing and Psychology. I always thought Marketing and Psychology had limited use, but realize I couldn't be more wrong...

My post was "basic economic theory" and could be easily dissected by anyone who has taken either of the two 2000 Level Micro or Macro classes.....those two classes should be part of ANY sophomore core for ANY Major......

Well done

LAKid53

Premium Member
Okay, a few of us (me included) have taken the discussion a little off base....

Given the upward trend of ticket prices (thanks @wdisney9000 for the review of prices...would love to see those figures adjusted for inflation to get a true picture), what can we expect over the next two years? A reasonable 2% - 3% annual increase? Or a huge spike in 2019 as two big projects come on line and that increase in P&R, especially PO&M, must be covered?Or something other than attendance starts to drop. The indicator the BoD cares about. And will make a CEO pay for....

Just thinking.

LAKid53

Premium Member
But will the company last that long to actually get to the point where they have new supply as all the companies efforts and cash have been spent along the lines of optimizing the stock price

I don't think Disney is in any danger of declaring bankruptcy over the next two years.... They still have a product people want.

:rolleyes:

Dad 2 M & M

Good question....will the company actually get to new supply....I say "yes".....and you are pointing out my example is in the Economic Short Term, and (the example) didn't consider the Economic Long Term; good catch.

Moving on to Finance.....optimizing stock price is the expectation of any Finance department...THAT department is REALLY earning it's keep...

LAKid53

Premium Member
Heard that...Your.. Surely someone at Disney understands it......from above...ya think? They completely manipulate economic theory. One, and I say ONE of the reasons Disney is so successful is they combine Economics with Marketing and Psychology. I always thought Marketing and Psychology had limited use, but realize I couldn't be more wrong...

My post was "basic economic theory" and could be easily dissected by anyone who has taken either of the two 2000 Level Micro or Macro classes.....those two classes should be part of ANY sophomore core for ANY Major......

Well done

Oh, I agree about macro and micro. Along with a personal finance course. Hell, a basic finance course should be required in HIGH SCHOOL.

Oh, marketing IS applied psychology. That they teach you in principles of marketing that a red Volkswagen is a different product than a yellow Volkswagen says it all.... The consumer was screwed the day Madison Avenue met Skinner....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Good question....will the company actually get to new supply....I say "yes".....and you are pointing out my example is in the Economic Short Term, and (the example) didn't consider the Economic Long Term; good catch.

Moving on to Finance.....optimizing stock price is the expectation of any Finance department...THAT department is REALLY earning it's keep...

Yes yes it is indeed

LAKid53

Premium Member

That's lesson 101 in B school - keep the owners happy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom