Ticket Price Increase starts this Sunday!

BrianV

So somewhere it said the water park and more option was going away. But then I also read you could add water parks options. Anyone know what is happening? Also, I assume all perks from tickets bought previously are still available (I.e my unused 10 park hoppers with water fun and more are still valid as purchased)?

I think people called this last year. Massive price hike in peak days last year but saying the low days were still cheaper then bringing the cheaper days up this year.

bferrara16

"Also starting Sunday: Visitors buying tickets online or on their phones can save $20 on Magic Your Way bundles from three to 10 days."

Does this mean if I'm going in September and planned on getting a 4 or 5 day MYW, that it actually makes sense for me to wait to buy (as opposed to buying now to counter any rise in prices)? Sorry if this is obvious to some, but to me, that article only makes it clear what to do if you are an AP or 1-day ticket buyer (namely, buy now!)

articos

Stupid question, maybe, but if I booked last month but haven't full paid my trip, will be price change?
If you booked, it will remain the price you were quoted when you booked. If you booked without purchasing tickets, then your tickets would be at the current price when you purchase them, but would assume your package included ticketing.

rael ramone

"Also starting Sunday: Visitors buying tickets online or on their phones can save $20 on Magic Your Way bundles from three to 10 days."

Does this mean if I'm going in September and planned on getting a 4 or 5 day MYW, that it actually makes sense for me to wait to buy (as opposed to buying now to counter any rise in prices)? Sorry if this is obvious to some, but to me, that article only makes it clear what to do if you are an AP or 1-day ticket buyer (namely, buy now!)

I just reread the article... it doesn't say pricing for MYW other than the discount for buying online...

If there is a possibility of the trip not going through, in my opinion definitely buy today. (If it's in one's budget. Depending on the size of the family that can be a lot of cash to spend at short notice - what you save today might get eaten away, and then some, if put on a credit card balance). Todays pass does not expire as long as you don't start the clock and use it - tomorrows will (IIRC the one day ticket doesn't expire in the sense that it becomes worthless, you can apply it towards the purchase of a new ticket).

The possibility exists that MYW doesn't go up in price. Though I personally believe that making the pass expire is worse than raising the price of said pass.

Brian Noble

I wanted to buy an annual pass. I probably won't end up using it til about March. Does the annual pass start on your first use or on the date of purchase?
It starts the date of activation. It also seems to be a manual process, so check the pass before you leave the window.

doctornick

So somewhere it said the water park and more option was going away. But then I also read you could add water parks options. Anyone know what is happening? Also, I assume all perks from tickets bought previously are still available (I.e my unused 10 park hoppers with water fun and more are still valid as purchased)?

It's always been the case that old entitlements are honored. So, you should still be able to use the perks in the future.

In terms of the water parks going forward, the Water Parks and More option is going way apparently but the Park Hopper/Water Park combo is continuing. So, if you want Water Park perks added on, you have to add it to a Hopper ticket not a base MYW.

BrianV

It's always been the case that old entitlements are honored. So, you should still be able to use the perks in the future.

In terms of the water parks going forward, the Water Parks and More option is going way apparently but the Park Hopper/Water Park combo is continuing. So, if you want Water Park perks added on, you have to add it to a Hopper ticket not a base MYW.
Got it. I was confused how they were getting rod of a feature but you could still buy it. Just not in myw tickets. I wonder why?

At the rate of price increases I'm shocked anyone can afford to go. We go a couple of days every few years. With the no-expire tickets we bought should last until we die. Then there is the question of what happens to the partially used tickets after we die. But that is not my problem.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I wanted to buy an annual pass. I probably won't end up using it til about March. Does the annual pass start on your first use or on the date of purchase?

It starts the date of activation. It also seems to be a manual process, so check the pass before you leave the window.

That is correct. Once you've purchased an AP, that activation date is going to automatically be your renewal date, unless you go past the 30 days you have after expiration to renew.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The article doesn't talk about regular Platinum Passes..I'm assuming the ones listed are Fl resident pricing?

@Tony the Tigger you were correct.

Yes, the prices listed are for Florida resident APs.

It would have been nice if the Sentinel article included the new price for a non- resident annual pass.

Article also states that expiration dates for multi-day tickets will vary. WT?

I envision a new thread "When Does My Ticket Expire? - I Get Different Answers From CMs" exploding tomorrow.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Unfortunately I'm not going back until the end of Jan of 2018...So I would even if I purchased it now...I'd have to renew again by the time I go back the following year...I think that's how it works?

Interesting question. If you don't have an AP, bought one tonight to avoid the price increase, but won't activate it until 11 months from purchase, would Disney consider that your "anniversary date" or would they decide to use the date of purchase in that instance...

Anyone want to read their AP contract to see if there's any fine print regarding his question?

@marni1971, would you know?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting question. If you don't have an AP, bought one tonight to avoid the price increase, but won't activate it until 11 months from purchase, would Disney consider that your "anniversary date" or would they decide to use the date of purchase in that instance...

Anyone want to read their AP contract to see if there's any fine print regarding his question?

@marni1971, would you know?
Afraid I don't. Hopefully one of our ticket experts will chime in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom