Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

HauntedMansionFLA

Epcot still has a rather large budget allocated. DLP isn't in as a desperate shape as what you've read online. Disneyland parc is just coming out of a multi year virtual rebuild. 3 of the hotels have been refurbished inside and out with a forth due to start. Eisners folly (WDSP) still needs work but is in far better shape than it was. Iger is after complete control and ownership of DLP.
What type of budget is EPCOT getting? Any dollar amount floating around?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's not a figure I should give out, but potentially very substantial if everything happens, though realistically I can't see everything that's proposed happening.
With all that may be happening at Epcot, is there a chance of a new festival joining the line up that would be based on any new lands/attractions? I know there isnt much room in the calander but if there is a way to squeeze one in, Im sure they will. FYI, I wouldnt be against it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
With all that may be happening at Epcot, is there a chance of a new festival joining the line up that would be based on any new lands/attractions? I know there isnt much room in the calander but if there is a way to squeeze one in, Im sure they will. FYI, I wouldnt be against it.
I hope not.

I wouldn't rule out more, shorter duration "festivals" sadly.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I hope not.

I wouldn't rule out more, shorter duration "festivals" sadly.
I know most people arent fans of them. I was thinking since they are going full tilt IP that perhaps they may have some type of fantasy style medievil festival. who knows. I always felt if they spruced them up with more than just booths, it would be better.

Daveeeeed

Epcot still has a rather large budget allocated. DLP isn't in as a desperate shape as what you've read online. Disneyland parc is just coming out of a multi year virtual rebuild. 3 of the hotels have been refurbished inside and out with a forth due to start. Eisners folly (WDSP) still needs work but is in far better shape than it was. Iger is after complete control and ownership of DLP.
All Disneyland Parc Paris needs is a new ride. The park IMO is better than MK. But for Walt Disney Studios... it is not exaggerated online -- it just sucks. The only thing it has going for it are the rides, so the park has bloated wait times because of close proximity to one another, no theming, and that.

Daveeeeed

You should've gone in 2002!
Well obviously. But just because they add 3 really good rides does that make it justified that the only theming that's good in the netire park is Ratatouille, the entrance, and the Tot building? The park sucks and is far worse than the shape HWS is in.
At least at HWS they have theming for Sunset Boulevard etc. In WDS you just walk around in what's basically a parking lot.

Compare this:
WDS%20-%20Flying%20Carpets%2002.jpg

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

disneylandparis16.jpg

To this:
20266.jpg

Sunset_Boulevard_at_Disney's_Hollywood_Studios.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well obviously. But just because they add 3 really good rides does that make it justified that the only theming that's good in the netire park is Ratatouille, the entrance, and the Tot building? The park sucks and is far worse than the shape HWS is in.
At least at HWS they have theming for Sunset Boulevard etc. In WDS you just walk around in what's basically a parking lot.

Compare this:
WDS%20-%20Flying%20Carpets%2002.jpg

To this:
20266.jpg
I'm agreeing with you! The park needs much more.

But it was much worse when it opened.

Daveeeeed

I'm agreeing with you! The park needs much more.

But it was much worse when it opened.
Marni, but that is obvious. Every Disney park beside Epcot was once worse than it is now. Even DHS didn't even have Sunset Boulevard the park without Tot & Rock n' Rollercoaster. Sure it worked better with the theming, but it still is arguably better than when it opened. I could spend 3 days easy in DisneylanParisis park. I spent about a quarter of a day at WDS and felt like I did everything because all they have to do are rides (with some of them being better stateside like Tot & Rock & Rollercoaster). It's better, but it is still a bad park. Worth only doing if you are at DLP for over a day IMO.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni, but that is obvious. Every Disney park beside Epcot was once worse than it is now. Even DHS didn't even have Sunset Boulevard the park without Tot & Rock n' Rollercoaster. Sure it worked better with the theming, but it still is arguably better than when it opened. I could spend 3 days easy in DisneylanParisis park. I spent about a quarter of a day at WDS and felt like I did everything because all they have to do are rides (with some of them being better stateside like Tot & Rock & Rollercoaster). It's better, but it is still a bad park. Worth only doing if you are at DLP for over a day IMO.
Disney MGM was a fantastic park even before Sunset.

We can spend a full day at WDSP. Especially given the short hours.

The other 4 days are spent next door.

I'm not disagreeing with you! WDSP needs more.

Daveeeeed

Disney MGM was a fantastic park even before Sunset.

We can spend a full day at WDSP. Especially given the short hours.

The other 4 days are spent next door.

I'm not disagreeing with you!
It's still a quarter of a day, and I'm spending times queueing 55 minutes for Crush's Coaster. Yeah I'll agree with you MGM seemed to be pretty cool, but with a different purpose. When they opened Sunset the park got even better. Different scenario than WDS I know, but at least they have improved everything rather than negate.

Daveeeeed

If you can do every attraction in two hours I'd love to know how! :D
Lol, I don't mean a quarter of the Park's hours, but the day (a full day park's hours). Don't worry I agree with you:).
We did Rat (Fastpass), Cinemagique (timed it perfectly), Stitch, Tot (40-minute wait), Crush (55), 2 Toy Storyland Rides (took under 30 minutes), and Backlot tour (10 minutes) in about 4 hours. Rock n' Rollercoaster we didn't get to do because it was closed, but from the outside, it is very underwhelming as well as the photos of the inside (besides thrill). Obviously, if you wanted to do everything it would take almost an entire day, but if you do the best stuff it is over quick as there's not very much to look at.
It's sad how rides aren't just a portion of the time there, but the only thing to do there.

Believe me I enjoyed the park, but it's still worse than WDW's worse park, but the best rides are very good.
From our second trip to DLP (the best parts of the park):
IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

Last edited:

P_Radden

Whenever The Land is mentioned, I begin to worry that I will soon need to launch my Save the Seeds! campaign.
I know how you feel. The Land Pavilion is our favorite place in FW. Some say LwtL is boring, but we love it and ride it every time. I will admit we have never seen the Circle of Life film, so I could care less about that. Also, I know it is the nerd/90s nostalgia saying this but, there are few things about the building I love: I love the exterior tile mosaics and how you enter on the second level. I love how The Garden Grill slowly rotates overlooking LwtL. We also always eat at Sunshine Seasons and enjoy relaxing in one of the 4 seasonally themed dining areas. The carpet mosaics in the LwtL queue are timeless as well. This building just screams old school EPCOT Center to me and I need that fix almost as bad as I need the motor grease scent you get on SSE and other WDW dark rides at least once a year. So I really hope they don't change it too much but improve things.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom