Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

P_Radden

I think if this happens to Epcot it would be a stunning revival:

World Showcase
France The rumored Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy (170M)
The American Adventure New projectors, and slight refurbishment of the animatronics and theater. (20M)
Festival Kiosks Will be housed in new permanent structures that don't block views of IROE and are much nicer. They won't be used all year, but they would be a nice addition to have during most of the year with the festivals. (30M)

Future World
The Universe of Energy
The rumored Guardians of The Galaxy Coaster. (220M)
Wonders of Life Future Expansion plot/pad for the next attraction. (N.A.)
Mission: Space Major upgrades with a completely new film, and effects to help not cause motion sickness. (50M+)
Test Track Stays as is, but gets a small restaurant between Mission: Space and itself. (15M)

Imagination!
As a Phase II Epcot Overhaul, it will be demoed and restarted from scratch with a far better Figment & Dreamfinder attraction, and with new glass pyramids, a new DVC lounge, show, and restaurant. (300M+)
The Land Soarin' stays as is, Living With The Land gets an overhaul, and Circle of Life gets replaced, and interior gutted. (100M+)
The Seas Updates throughout giving it a much better theme with the main entrance now being the Gift Shop. Possible new attraction: a Kuka Arm Nemo Deep Sea Attraction, or a higher capacity version of Crush's Coaster. The Seas becomes the Seas again, but with the Nemo ip enhancing the story by having a smaller but important presence, not messing it up like it is currently. (200M+)

Spaceship Earth Along with the rest of Future World, the shops etc. around it will be updated. New buildings from under the ball to the Massive Fountain will keep the future consistent instead of a forest. SpaceShip Earth the ride gets MagicBand updates, and two more scenes while going backward. (For Spaceship Earth & surrounding area: 30M)
Innovations Major updates to the facades, and new attractions & restaurants will call the former Innovations and Future World its home. (300M+)

Park Entrance
Ease of access is a priority, with a streamlined futuristic non-graveyard look. Updates include the Monorail Station as well as the Bus Station. (100M+)

Total Cost: Upwards of 1.5 Billion
*This is not what's going to happen. This is purely speculation, guesses, and ideas to help bring the park back to its glory days in a realistic way.*

Could any Insider possibly confirm what pavilions will get additions currently?

Eh... I know this is not the imagineering forums so I'm not going to break down your entire list but I do have a few modifications to your ideas:
In no particular order:
1) WS: Rat yes, but then also bring in the rumored new country with an attraction. Also upgrade/refurbish American Adventure and the 3 films. Flesh out either UK, Germany or Japan with a new attraction.
2) I would love to see a non IP refurb of Energy (yeah I know it's a long shot) but if they do have to infuse an IP, Guardians I guess would be okay.
3) Refurb and reopen WoL pavilion complete with new attractions & restaurant.
4) Don't demo the entire building, but refurb Imagination ride to a new standard that exceeds even the first version for greatness, innovation and theme execution. Upgrade/refurb the theater and offer new films regularly.
5) Refurb LwtL films to 4K, fix & upgrade the dark ride scenes. New film for the theater.
6) Evict Nemo or at least refurb the ride to not suck as badly. I like your idea of giving the IP a smaller presence.
7) Proper ending to Spaceship Earth
8) I would really like to see a new bus station built closer to the park entrance, perhaps in this area:
bus.jpg

I pretty much agree with your other points.

TiggerDad

Eh... I know this is not the imagineering forums so I'm not going to break down your entire list but I do have a few modifications to your ideas:
In no particular order:
1) WS: Rat yes, but then also bring in the rumored new country with an attraction. Also upgrade/refurbish American Adventure and the 3 films. Flesh out either UK, Germany or Japan with a new attraction.
2) I would love to see a non IP refurb of Energy (yeah I know it's a long shot) but if they do have to infuse an IP, Guardians I guess would be okay.
4) Don't demo the entire building, but refurb Imagination ride to a new standard that exceeds even the first version for greatness, innovation and theme execution. Upgrade/refurb the theater and offer new films regularly.
5) Refurb LwtL films to 4K, fix & upgrade the dark ride scenes. New film for the theater.
6) Evict Nemo or at least refurb the ride to not suck as badly. I like your idea of giving the IP a smaller presence.
8) I would really like to see a new bus station built closer to the park entrance, perhaps in this area:
View attachment 188811
I like your idea on moving the parking. That can be a really long walk at the end of the day with tired children

Magic Feather

I think if this happens to Epcot it would be a stunning revival:

World Showcase
France The rumored Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy (170M)
The American Adventure New projectors, and slight refurbishment of the animatronics and theater. (20M)
Festival Kiosks Will be housed in new permanent structures that don't block views of IROE and are much nicer. They won't be used all year, but they would be a nice addition to have during most of the year with the festivals. (30M)

Future World
The Universe of Energy
The rumored Guardians of The Galaxy Coaster. (220M)
Wonders of Life Future Expansion plot/pad for the next attraction. (N.A.)
Mission: Space Major upgrades with a completely new film, and effects to help not cause motion sickness. (50M+)
Test Track Stays as is, but gets a small restaurant between Mission: Space and itself. (15M)

Imagination!
As a Phase II Epcot Overhaul, it will be demoed and restarted from scratch with a far better Figment & Dreamfinder attraction, and with new glass pyramids, a new DVC lounge, show, and restaurant. (300M+)
The Land Soarin' stays as is, Living With The Land gets an overhaul, and Circle of Life gets replaced, and interior gutted. (100M+)
The Seas Updates throughout giving it a much better theme with the main entrance now being the Gift Shop. Possible new attraction: a Kuka Arm Nemo Deep Sea Attraction, or a higher capacity version of Crush's Coaster. The Seas becomes the Seas again, but with the Nemo ip enhancing the story by having a smaller but important presence, not messing it up like it is currently. (200M+)

Spaceship Earth Along with the rest of Future World, the shops etc. around it will be updated. New buildings from under the ball to the Massive Fountain will keep the future consistent instead of a forest. SpaceShip Earth the ride gets MagicBand updates, and two more scenes while going backward. (For Spaceship Earth & surrounding area: 30M)
Innovations Major updates to the facades, and new attractions & restaurants will call the former Innovations and Future World its home. (300M+)

Park Entrance
Ease of access is a priority, with a streamlined futuristic non-graveyard look. Updates include the Monorail Station as well as the Bus Station. (100M+)

Total Cost: Upwards of 1.5 Billion
*This is not what's going to happen. This is purely speculation, guesses, and ideas to help bring the park back to its glory days in a realistic way.*

Could any Insider possibly confirm what pavilions will get additions currently?
As of now, about eight of those are accurate. Including Innoventions overhaul, Living with the Land, GotG, Rat... And a few others.

Princess Leia

It's not that surprising since a lot of what's on that list have been pearls dropped by our insiders.
I know, but there were only 12 things listed. That's 75% of the wishlist possibly being fulfilled, which is kind of incredible if you look at the past several years of Epcot's history.

Also, I definitely thought that Circle of Life closed, whoops.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

In no particular order:
View attachment 188811
I was trying to go for realism, so obviously I would not include a non-up replacement for UoE etc.

I really like the bus idea. Personally, I was thinking that it could just be an upgrade of the current one, but I think it would be nice having it moved, but I doubt it.
As for The Seas, I think the best way is making more like Dinosaur at AK, it has an up, but not really. Maybe there could be a tie-in and Nemo related signs, and a new ride could go through scenes of the film, but just not forced like it is now. I think it has been said that Imagination would be demo-ed (maybe wrong on this one) instead of just being retooled for a new ride ala Test Track.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just stumbled upon this little Epcot imagineering gem:

Lots to look at in this image from rumored attractions, to new concepts, and canceled attractions:
EP%2BPark%2BPlan.png
Let me emphasise most of this is fan fiction before anyone jumps to conclusions.

In the meantime there is a lot still planned for the park over quite a number of years. Some surprising, some already discussed and some a little disturbing if they come to fruition. Time will tell as always of course but not a lot more I can add at the moment aside from what's already being talked about.

RobbinsDad

Let me emphasise most of this is fan fiction before anyone jumps to conclusions.

In the meantime there is a lot still planned for the park over quite a number of years. Some surprising, some already discussed and some a little disturbing if they come to fruition. Time will tell as always of course but not a lot more I can add at the moment aside from what's already being talked about.
So mixed bag as usual. At this point I'll gladly take mixed bag.

Haymarket2008

I was trying to go for realism, so obviously I would not include a non-up replacement for UoE etc.

I really like the bus idea. Personally, I was thinking that it could just be an upgrade of the current one, but I think it would be nice having it moved, but I doubt it.
As for The Seas, I think the best way is making more like Dinosaur at AK, it has an up, but not really. Maybe there could be a tie-in and Nemo related signs, and a new ride could go through scenes of the film, but just not forced like it is now. I think it has been said that Imagination would be demo-ed (maybe wrong on this one) instead of just being retooled for a new ride ala Test Track.

I got the impression that Imagination wasn't going to be demo'd. I could be wrong, but that might have been some fan speculation. I hope it won't.

Daveeeeed

I got the impression that Imagination wasn't going to be demo'd. I could be wrong, but that might have been some fan speculation. I hope it won't.
Imagination needs to be obliterated from the face of the Earth. Either by a complete gutting, or a new building.

The only thing that is good about the entire pavilion are the glass pyramids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom