• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

CaptainAmerica

Believe it or not, I don't need to google cognitive dissonance because I'm fully aware of what it is. I do think you missed my comment about how I think nobody comes close to Disney when it comes to night time shows. That could be the result of a google search for "Myopic". :)
Well played. That's what I get for debating too many people at the same time.

HMF

That doesn't mean it HAS TO be that way. Please google "cognitive dissonance." People complain that nothing ever changes at WDW. Then they complain about every single change that does happen just because things won't be exactly as they were before.
Mostly because many of the changes they make end up not being as good as what they replaced.

CaptainAmerica

Mostly because many of the changes they make end up not being as good as what they replaced.
Like what? Stitch was 13 years ago. Imagination was 18 years ago. Using the biggest recent example off the top of my head, New Fantasyland is a tremendous upgrade over Toon Town.

mm121

is there a timeline? or will wishes be canceled and then it be years before the new show is up and running like they do with the parades

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
One reason I don't like projection shows - You can't see them from anywhere outside of the hub, in the case of MK. With 'Wishes!', you could see the show from a multitude of locations, most of which piped in the music, and thus you knew where in the show you were even if you arrived late.

Certainly one of the big draws of having a park facing room at GF, Poly, or Contemporary as well. I mean, one of the few reasons I would pay the extra to have a park facing room at any of those resorts is to be able to watch Wishes from my room (which was more or less possible considering how so little of the show was ground level or projected). If the new show focuses too much on projections (which you really wouldn't be able to (enjoyably) see from outside the park) and not enough on pyro, it really would eliminate a big factor in deciding to pay extra for one of those rooms...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That doesn't mean it HAS TO be that way. Please google "cognitive dissonance." People complain that nothing ever changes at WDW. Then they complain about every single change that does happen just because things won't be exactly as they were before.

It's not THAT things change at WDW. It's that the changes are, for the most part, lesser than what they are replacing for the past 10+ years. I liked FitS, but 'Wishes!' was better. 'Wishes!' was also done under Eisner, who, for all his flaws, still "got it" when it came to the parks. I understand and realize that things are and will change within the parks, but when the replacement is of lesser quality, there's a problem. "Doing it on the cheap" is not a long-term, growth-focused strategy.

Iger's the one who specifically mentioned "cost containment" in the parks earlier this week, so what do you realistically think is going to happen with the replacement for 'Wishes!'? It'll have more fireworks and be more expensive?? Of course not. That does not and would not fit with their "cost containment" mantra. Less is not always better, unless you are a TDO/TWDC executive and are talking about costs.

Buried20KLeague

For the record... I love wishes, and will miss it... But I believe the time has come for a replacement. So I look forward to a new show.

My problem is if there's wording in the very initial press release, along with concept art and video that focuses on projections, that tells me they're setting expectations. They're beginning to try to mold public opinion.

I don't enjoy feeling liquid on my leg and having someone tell me it's raining.

HMF

Like what? Stitch was 13 years ago. Imagination was 18 years ago. Using the biggest recent example off the top of my head, New Fantasyland is a tremendous upgrade over Toon Town.
Yeah and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout is this year. I honestly don't know if HEA will be better than Wishes or not. I am just basing my assumption on the released information and years of experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom