Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Ralphlaw

I like it better than the original. Really inspired my family to see more of the world. I miss the orange smell, and the transitions seem a bit more contrived, but overall I loved it. I really wish it was longer, and I liked what they did to the music.

Thematically, just focusing on California didn't make much sense. World showcase is a few hundred feet to the south, yet we were focusing on California. Too narrow. Putting the fireworks on the wrong side of Spaceship Earth didn't make sense either. Nevertheless, I wish I was riding it right now, critiques and all.

ToTBellHop

I wasn't talking about the ride system. I was talking about real life gliders which the ride is supposed to simulate the movement of.

I don't think he vertical movement up the Eiffel Tower in the new video is possible with a real glider.
Not unless the air is rising for some reason (as it would when approaching a mountain, for instance).

Marlins1

The Taj Majal scene was the worst part to me because it was clearly not real. I'm OK with a CGI whale jumping into a scene (actually I loved that part). But when the whole scene is fake it becomes meaningless. My wife asked why there were no people at the Taj Majal - I did not tell her but she knew something was not right.

Ismael Flores

The Taj Majal scene was the worst part to me because it was clearly not real. I'm OK with a CGI whale jumping into a scene (actually I loved that part). But when the whole scene is fake it becomes meaningless. My wife asked why there were no people at the Taj Majal - I did not tell her but she knew something was not right.

I have been to the Taj Majal and in one of my visits the place was empty of course i was there early in the morning and was part of the first crowd to go thru security and be allowed in. My guess is that Disney got permission to shoot when the area was closed or early enough to get clear footage although it would have looked more realistic if they hadn't

ToTBellHop

I have been to the Taj Majal and in one of my visits the place was empty of course i was there early in the morning and was part of the first crowd to go thru security and be allowed in. My guess is that Disney got permission to shoot when the area was closed or early enough to get clear footage although it would have looked more realistic if they hadn't
It's not real footage.

JoeCamel

They never went near the Taj

danv3

Watched it four times this most recent trip, always from the far right of the room. The leaning issue is really significant and greatly detracts from the experience. Never noticed it with the prior film.

I'm a little surprised they put it out in this condition.

rle4lunch

Watched it four times this most recent trip, always from the far right of the room. The leaning issue is really significant and greatly detracts from the experience. Never noticed it with the prior film.

I'm a little surprised they put it out in this condition.

agreed. we had the best seat in the house (center top row) and things were still crooked. bad bad.

ratherbeinwdw

The new version's curve is much, much worse. I rode it three times in Dec. Two of the times I was on the far right side facing the screen. The curve was so bad, I had to close my eyes a couple of times. When we were in the middle section, there was no noticeable curve at all. I also noticed the curve was worse in Concourse B. This curve is not just a slight curve. It ruins the experience.

doctornick

Considering the money spent on the third theater and new film, I've been wondering if FoP will negatively affect the popularity of SATW.

Or are the ride systems and films SO different that SATW will remain an impressive experience even after one has ridden FoP?

I think the rides are going to be so drastically different in execution that people largely won't think of them as comparable. Soarin' is a pretty sedate ride and tolerable to most anyone who hits the height restriction (save those with problems with heights). FoP sounds like it will have a lot more motion and "action" to it and will be placed more into the category of a "thrill ride".

PizzaPlanet

I think the next version should be Soarin' over America, since there wasn't much of it in Soarin' around the World. There certainly are plenty of great places to film outside of California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom