WDW Cancels all Run Disney Events for Tomorrow 1/7/17 including Half Marathon

Rteetz

Why is the gift card option lame? If you have a celebration dinner reservation, it is now paid for plus. Lots of races just say SoL!

I think all options are very generous of Disney.
Agreed 100%!

I ran Dopey this weekend. Disney didn't have to do anything but instead gave people 4 options to choose from. That's incredibly generous on their part.

Rteetz

I said I don't pay to run. Never said I don't know anything about races did I?

Extreme Ignorance right there.

Got it.
Unless you raise money for a charity pretty much every race charges for the races.

runDisney is something I love and will continue to do it as long as I can. There is nothing like running through the parks and all of the amazing people at these events.

raven

Agreed 100%!

I ran Dopey this weekend. Disney didn't have to do anything but instead gave people 4 options to choose from. That's incredibly generous on their part.
Obviously you didn't run Dopey this weekend if the Half was canceled. That cancellation kind of ruined the whole purpose behind that challenge.

Rteetz

Obviously you didn't run Dopey this weekend if the Half was canceled. That cancellation kind of ruined the whole purpose behind that challenge.
Wow...

I don't even want to respond to this. That comment was just uncalled for. Hundreds if not thousands of people went ahead and ran the half on their own at the resorts.

I'll be back next year to run Dopey. 35.5 miles is still a huge accomplishment. A marathon in itself is.

NearTheEars

Wow...

I don't even want to respond to this. That comment was just uncalled for. Hundreds if not thousands of people went ahead and ran the half on their own at the resorts.

I'll be back next year to run Dopey. 35.5 miles is still a huge accomplishment. A marathon in itself is.

Congrats! I'm glad a lot of you were able to make the most out of it. The storms kept us up most of the night (we live about 50 minutes NW). And good luck next year!

JWG

Several people, and when I say several I mean A LOT of people, who registered for the Goofy or Dopey challenge found a different way to run the 13.1 on Saturday. A friend of mine ran a 1.3 mile loop to 13.1 near CBR. And he was one of many doing it. It turned out pretty awesome from what he said. Several guests stood around and cheered and cast members set up impromptu water stations. Wish I could have been there to see it. So, I can't speak for Rteetz, but many who were racing for a challenge medal DID do it.

Rteetz

Several people, and when I say several I mean A LOT of people, who registered for the Goofy or Dopey challenge found a different way to run the 13.1 on Saturday. A friend of mine ran a 1.3 mile loop to 13.1 near CBR. And he was one of many doing it. It turned out pretty awesome from what he said. Several guests stood around and cheered and cast members set up impromptu water stations. Wish I could have been there to see it. So, I can't speak for Rteetz, but many who were racing for a challenge medal DID do it.
I chose not to run 13.1 on my own but will do so when I get home. This was my first marathon and felt I'd rather rest for that and attack Dopey full on again next year. I am at SSR and many people were out. Pop century and Caribbean Beach has hundreds of runners out with the resorts and spectators giving out food and water to people. It was amazing how everyone came together to make the most of it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Wow...

Some of us also did the run on the elliptical because we want that medal to MEAN something, Yes most will never know the half was cancelled but WE know and that's enough. By running our own half we MADE that medal meaningful.

21stamps

Nope but they were available for purchase at the expo in a variety of styles and colors including the black Mickey heads with white distances
Maybe because I am not a frequent marathon runner.. those stickers mean the world to me.lol. I imagine they sell well, a Mickey one especially would be great to have.
I think we are on the same board reading schedule tonight haha.
Lol. Yep.

raven

I chose not to run 13.1 on my own but will do so when I get home. This was my first marathon and felt I'd rather rest for that and attack Dopey full on again next year.
Minutes ago you said you did. Congrats on your achievements this weekend though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom