WDW Cancels all Run Disney Events for Tomorrow 1/7/17 including Half Marathon

21stamps

Minutes ago you said you did. Congrats on your achievements this weekend though.

Just wondering, are you an athlete?

What everyone here is describing is at it's core what an athlete's mentality is. Dedication and Discipline...as well as showing support for other athletes. It's a comradeship that comes out in times like this, because making the best out of a situation and pushing through is what an athlete does.

I'm sorry that you don't understand that. Nothing wrong with not being an athlete, but you're embarrassing yourself by attacking it.

raven

I never said I did run the 13.1 yesterday I said many people did. Thank you and I will complete that 13.1 this coming week.
You said you ran the Dopey Challenge this weekend. That includes all 4 races. Now you are claiming you haven't run the 13.1 yet. That's part of that challenge though. I know what I'm talking about.

Rteetz

You said you ran the Dopey Challenge this weekend. That includes all 4 races. Now you are claiming you haven't run the 13.1 yet. That's part of that challenge though. I know what I'm talking about.
I understand it is but the half was cancelled. I still got all of the medals I set out to achieve. On top of the 35.5 miles I ran I walked at least a half marathon in the parks. Like I said I'll do 13.1 later this week and I'll be back again next year.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just wondering, are you an athlete?

What everyone here is describing is at it's core what an athlete's mentality is. Dedication and Discipline.

I'm sorry that you don't understand that. Nothing wrong with not being an athlete, but you're embarrassing yourself by attacking it.

Yes exactly which is why athletics are good for kids especially sports like track and field where you are competing with yourself much of the time and success or failure is entirely up to you.

raven

I understand it is but the half was cancelled. I still got all of the medals I set out to achieve. On top of the 35.5 miles I ran I walked at least a half marathon in the parks. Like I said I'll do 13.1 later this week and I'll be back again next year.
But getting a medal for a race that you didn't actually run yet doesn't mean much does it? I mean you paid around $200 for it so I guess it's worth it though.

Rteetz

But getting a medal for a race that you didn't actually run yet doesn't mean much does it? I mean you paid around $200 for it so I guess it's worth it though.
$200? I paid just under $600 for Dopey. We each have our own views on this apparently best to end this here.

21stamps

The dopey challenge is a four day event. 5K+10K+Half marathon+full marathon=48.6 miles.
The goofy challenge is half+full=39.3.

Wow. I'm out on that. That would fall under one of my 'drink coffee and cheer on the runners' scenarios.

Kudos to anyone who even did all minus the half! I can't imagine doing all of that back to back.

@raven Your ugliness towards Disney is one thing, but these people just ran 26.2 and more. Maybe chill on the nastiness and just respect such an accomplishment.

raven

Wow. I'm out on that. That would fall under of my 'drink coffee and cheer on the runners' scenarios.

Kudos to anyone who even did all minus the half! I can't imagine doing all of that back to back.

@raven Your ugliness towards Disney is one thing, but these people just ran 26.2 and more. Maybe chill on the nastiness and just respect such an accomplishment.
I didn't mention anything about the FULL marathon did I? Nope. And I did compliment them on their accomplishments if you actually read everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom