Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
As despicable as TMZ is...they are usually pretty accurate.
Yup. They knew about Michael Jackson before anyone else. My local news station broke in that day to say that TMZ was reporting that he had died.

I remember calling my mom to tell her, but she was snoozing, so I ended up chatting with my dad. He was watching CNN (He was always watching CNN!) at the time, and it took them more than half an hour to report the same news.

In the meantime, my dad and I stayed on the phone the whole time chatting. He and I were not really phone chatters, so it was probably one of the longest conversations we'd ever had via Mr. Bell's invention.

PUSH

Original Poster
Yup. They knew about Michael Jackson before anyone else. My local news station broke in that day to say that TMZ was reporting that he had died.

I remember calling my mom to tell her, but she was snoozing, so I ended up chatting with my dad. He was watching CNN (He was always watching CNN!) at the time, and it took them more than half an hour to report the same news.

In the meantime, my dad and I stayed on the phone the whole time chatting. He and I were not really phone chatters, so it was probably one of the longest conversations we'd ever had via Mr. Bell's invention.
I was at a waterpark in a wave pool. They had a radio station going, and they cut away from the music to announce Michael Jackson's death.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It really is impressive to see and experience.

Oh, I'll bet it is. Funny thing--I was just thinking back to when I was a kid, and either the schools or our parents would take us to various museums, for educational purposes. I always found them extremely boring. Once I became an adult, my tastes changed. Now, I love museums--truly, any kind of museums at all. Meh, youth is wasted on the young . . . ;)

Nemo14

Oh, I'll bet it is. Funny thing--I was just thinking back to when I was a kid, and either the schools or our parents would take us to various museums, for educational purposes. I always found them extremely boring. Once I became an adult, my tastes changed. Now, I love museums--truly, any kind of museums at all. Meh, youth is wasted on the young . . . ;)
You should look into getting a membership at a museum that belongs to NARM (North American Reciprocal Museum Association). You get free admission to most museums that belong to NARM once you're a member at one of them.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You should look into getting a membership at a museum that belongs to NARM (North American Reciprocal Museum Association). You get free admission to most museums that belong to NARM once you're a member at one of them.

Thanks for the tip--I never heard of NARM before. Once again, I learn something new (and usually not Disney-related) on these forums! :joyfull: Hubs has stated on a few occasions, that if I even found a museum dedicated to a ball of string, I'd want to go see that too!! :p (I did drag him to a museum of chainsaws once! :hilarious: ) That was up in northern Maine.

Nemo14

Thanks for the tip--I never heard of NARM before. Once again, I learn something new (and usually not Disney-related) on these forums! :joyfull: Hubs has stated on a few occasions, that if I even found a museum dedicated to a ball of string, I'd want to go see that too!! :p (I did drag him to a museum of chainsaws once! :hilarious: ) That was up in northern Maine.
The Smithsonian museums are free anyway, but we've used our membership to visit museums all over the country - many that we probably would never have thought to visit otherwise. Here's the website for NARM if you're interested. https://narmassociation.org/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom