Avatar construction aerial updates

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I don't see any reason this won't be done by next summer.

I would hope so, considering all it is, is a so Soarin clone and a dark water ride, but then again Disney seems to have a problem with getting floating things to work ala ROL still not being ready yet. Maybe they have better luck with floating mountains.

doctornick

I see what you are saying and I think you are correct about that being the location for the beverage spot (Pongu Pongu). Being near the main dining but not part of it makes some sense, I suppose.

It does make me wonder what is the large building attached to Pongu Pongu. Did we establish that it is the main gift shop (Windtraders)? I wonder because it does seem plausible that the exit from FoP might force you through that building for the token "after ride shopping".

I can't tell, but I'm still wondering if there is any sort of "walk through" like the animal trails in other lands in this park. I hope there is, though I suppose the argument could be made that the entire land is a "walk through attraction".

And I wonder were the possible "drum circle" show might be?

Siren

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am left totally speechless. These aerial photos are truly incredible! OMG, they are so crystal clear and there is so much detail. Like, I can get lost in this photo for hours.

Disney has really outdone themselves with Avatarland. There is nothing else in the world like it! Sigh. I need to know more so I can plan a trip to see this spectacular land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would hope so, considering all it is, is a so Soarin clone and a dark water ride, but then again Disney seems to have a problem with getting floating things to work ala ROL still not being ready yet. Maybe they have better luck with floating mountains.

Yeah, technical problems are the wildcard.

David Giles

New here and usually lurk but these photos are incredible, I had to register to post this.

Does anyone think these may be the ride vehicles for the flight ride? Really looks like something you could sit on and hold handle bars, similar to the sketches shared a while back. Specifically the top 'thing' that looks like a carousel horse.

Untitled-2.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
New here and usually lurk but these photos are incredible, I had to register to post this.

Does anyone think these may be the ride vehicles for the flight ride? Really looks like something you could sit on and hold handle bars, similar to the sketches shared a while back. Specifically the top 'thing' that looks like a carousel horse.

View attachment 180641

It's hard to tell what those are, but if they were ride vehicle I don't know why they would be on top of that roof.

David Giles

It's hard to tell what those are, but if they were ride vehicle I don't know why they would be on top of that roof.
I though that at first but then it looks like they have added a handrail and what could possibly be steps up to it. Maybe it's being used as a makeshift Workspace. Very strange place to work though granted.

For ease of reference this is the sketch from someone at a recent Disney presentation.

IMG_9842.JPG

Rteetz

I though that at first but then it looks like they have added a handrail and what could possibly be steps up to it. Maybe it's being used as a makeshift Workspace. Very strange place to work though granted.

For ease of reference this is the sketch from someone at a recent Disney presentation.

View attachment 180642
If these rides are testing I don't know why those would be ride vehicles on top of the roof of what is assumed to be queue space.

rioriz

View attachment 180641

Eyes on the ground say no!

rioriz

View attachment 180642

Im more intrigued about the drawing that is shaded behind the FoP one...the one that says "FLASH"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom