NFL 2016 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Packers have a perfect weekend. Not only do they win, but the Lions and Vikings lose, setting the Packers up to control their destiny! If they win their next two games against the Vikings and Lion, they will win the NFC North. It always seems to come down to the Packers vs ______ in week 17 for the NFC North title.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers have also tied the all-time series against the Bears for the first time in 83 years. The record between the two teams now stands at 93-93-6.

acishere

Packers have a perfect weekend. Not only do they win, but the Lions and Vikings lose, setting the Packers up to control their destiny! If they win their next two games against the Vikings and Lion, they will win the NFC North. It always seems to come down to the Packers vs ______ in week 17 for the NFC North title.
As long as no one in your division gets the wild card, I'm happy.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Patriots clinched the AFC East and a first-round bye with their win today.

The Raiders also have clinched their first playoff berth since 2002.

PUSH

Original Poster
Yeah, though it depends on how things go with the Eagles since I'm not expecting good things against Washington.
I think the Giants are becoming one of the hottest teams in the league right now. If it ends up as the Packers with the 4th seed and the Giants with the 5th seed, that will be a good game at Lambeau.

PUSH

Original Poster
Gus Bradley is the second head coach to lose his job this seasons, as the Jaguars and him have parted ways. Reports say this will be Rex Ryan's last year in Buffalo.

acishere

I think the Giants are becoming one of the hottest teams in the league right now. If it ends up as the Packers with the 4th seed and the Giants with the 5th seed, that will be a good game at Lambeau.
I'm loving their defensive performance. The offense still needs work.

R W B

Well my Saints offense finally showed up today after MIA the past 2 weeks.

Everyone has us listed as "in the hunt" for a wildcard but that's an extreme long shot I know.

Dad 2 M & M

Down here in Atlanta peeps are thinking of keeping hold of the 3 Seed. What surprises me, is talk radio keeps mentioning the Packers as a possible Wild Card Round match-up.......urrr what? How can the Pack possibly be the 6th seed? Win out and they are no worse than 4th, lose one of the last two and they would really need a meltdown from BOTH Washington AND Tampa to make the playoffs.

I can see the Pack winning out, but really have a tough time thinking they make the playoffs if they are 1 - 1 in their last two.

PUSH

Original Poster
Down here in Atlanta peeps are thinking of keeping hold of the 3 Seed. What surprises me, is talk radio keeps mentioning the Packers as a possible Wild Card Round match-up.......urrr what? How can the Pack possibly be the 6th seed? Win out and they are no worse than 4th, lose one of the last two and they would really need a meltdown from BOTH Washington AND Tampa to make the playoffs.

I can see the Pack winning out, but really have a tough time thinking they make the playoffs if they are 1 - 1 in their last two.
If the Packers go 1-1 to finish the season, they'd need the Bucs to go 0-2 and the Redskins to lose 2 of their final 3 (which they are down 23-9 to the Panthers right now). Not likely. Although if the Redskins fall tonight, the Packers would have won, and have all their competitors for playoff spots lose this weekend.

JPPT1974

Lions need to win the next two games to secure NFC North and have the Packers lose a game or two. As Lions are playing a very tough Cowboys team!

PUSH

Original Poster
Lions need to win the next two games to secure NFC North and have the Packers lose a game or two. As Lions are playing a very tough Cowboys team!
Actually the Lions only need to win in week 17 to clinch the North. If they lose to Dallas it won't have any major effect on the divisional race unless the Packers lose to the Vikings this week. If the Packers beat the Vikings, the only implications it would have on the Lions in the divisional race would be possible seeding.

On the other hand the Packers need to win their final two games in order to win the NFC North, unless the Lions lose to Dallas, which means the Packers could lose to the Vikings. If the Packers enter week 17 no worse than one game behind the Lions, that matchup will be for the division crown, as even with tied records the Packers would win the tiebreaker, having been the only NFC North team to not lose to the Bears.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom