NFL 2016 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Gary Kubiak could possibly retire after today's game against the Raiders due to health concerns.

PUSH

Original Poster
So the playoff teams are set! The order for the Packers and Lions is all that has yet to be decided, but here are where things stand before the final game of the regular season:

AFC:
1. Patriots
2. Chiefs
3. Steelers
4. Texans
5. Raiders
6. Dolphins

NFC:
1. Cowboys
2. Falcons
3. Seahawks
4. Packers or Lions
5. Giants
6. Packers or Lions

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wheeee!! Won my cash league :). Even with my workhorse d Johnson going down.

Picking up Matt Ryan in FA was probably my biggest move. Man, 10 team leagues are waaaay easier to find talent

IMG_0180.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Here are my awards for the NFL season:

MVP:
1. Matt Ryan
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Ezekiel Elliot

I don't think somebody who's been suspended for 4 games should be considered for such an award, especially when his team went 3-1 without him.

Offensive Player of the Year:
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. David Johnson
3. Ezekiel Elliot

Defensive Player of the Year:
1. Von Miller
2. Vic Beasley
3. Khalil Mack

Comeback Player of the Year:
1. Jordy Nelson
2. DeMarco Murray
3. Cameron Wake

Offensive Rookie of the Year:
1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Dak Prescott
3. Tyreek Hill

Defensive Rookie of the Year:
1. Joey Bosa
2. Jalen Ramsey
3. Eli Apple

Coach of the Year:
1. Jason Garrett
2. Bill Belichick
3. Jack Del Rio

PUSH

Original Poster
The Jaguars have hired Doug Marrone as their head coach and Tom Coughlin as their executive vice president. They've also extended GM Dave Caldwell's contract through 2019.

PUSH

Original Poster
More LA news. This time it's the Rams. Their new head coach will be Sean McVay, the Redskins offensive coordinator. He will be the youngest head coach in NFL history. He turns 31 on January 24.

Flower'sChild

It's after midnight so the Dallas and Green Bay game is today. NFL Network showed a rebroadcast of the last playoff game between Dallas and Green Bay Thursday night. That was a great game and I watched the rebroadcast on NFL Network. Had NFL Network have not rebroadcast the game, I would have watched it on NFL Game Pass. I remember 2 years ago being very nervous about that game and I stayed up late the night before. I am still nervous, however not as nervous as I was 2 years ago. I think I will be more nervous next Sunday, if we make it to the NFC Championship. Anyways, this is what I think are big keys to victory today.

1. Win the time of possession battle and kept Aaron Rodgers off the field as much as possible. Even if we have to kick a field goal or punt, it's important not to go 3 and out!!

2. Of course even if we do win the time of possession battle, we still need to score when when can. Also, when we get to the red zone get touchdowns instead of field goals.

3. We have an excellent running game, that I think the Green Bay defense will find difficult to stop. This will also help us win the time of possession battle and keep Aaron Rodgers off the field as much as possible.

4. Aaron Rodgers has been good about getting touchdowns in the red zone. The Cowboys defense has been good about stopping teams from getting touchdowns, when they are in the red zone. This could be a big key for both teams.

5. Get Dez Bryant the football and have him make great plays. Or if the Green Bay defense really works on shutting down Dez Bryant, make them pay for it by getting the football to someone else to make great plays. Either way Dez Bryant can be a big key in this game. The advantage of having him is he can make great plays and he can also open up chances for other players to make great plays, when the defense is really working on shutting him down.

6. If Dallas fans have to sell their tickets, sell them to other Dallas fans and not to Green Bay fans.

7. Also in that last playoff game against Green Bay, Dallas had some chances to take a 2 score lead. They fumbled one time and missed a field goal the other time. This time if we have a chance to take a 2 score lead, we need to take advantage.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom