A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Bocabear

One of them may be massively above what it should cost. Or another could be very carefully budgeted.

Remember Forbidden Journey in Orlando was under $90 million. Avland shot through its 700 million with contingency ceiling and is now competing with SWL for total cost.
Forbidden Journey was 90 million but Frozen Ever After was a reported 120 million? how is that even possible?

Princess Leia

All of Disney's recent live-action films are cash grabs because they're all animation-to-live-action projects and guaranteed to make money. There's nothing truly original about any of these films, Maleficent included. I can't remember the last time Disney made a truly live-action film that not only received stellar ratings, but also made lots of money.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl?
While it didn't make the money that the sequels did, it had great critical reviews.

Princess Leia

I groaned audibly the first time I saw the Maleficent trailer.

Someone actually managed to do a Wicked twist on a Disney film, but it ended up being a college theater company. Check out Twisted:The Untold Story of a Royal Vizier if you need a laugh or some de-pixie-dusting
Twisted is legitimately one of my favorite non-Broadway musicals. Great music, great acting, it's pretty fun.
Note: everything post-A Very Potter Sequel that Starkid has done hasn't been college theater. They're based out of Chicago now.

Princess Leia

@Mike S.....THIS is theme park related. Universal filed for new patents...;) Looks like Mario Kart and an Iron Man ride to me.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...-theme-park-patents-tackle-drifting-cars.html
My biggest question is how are they expecting tourists of every size to ride this? Sure, they can do height and weight limits, but I'm 5'4" (actually 5'3 3/4", but I like to round up), and there's a bit of a height difference between me and my 6'1" tall coworker.
Second question- if this does come to fruition, what does this take the place of, and do they find a generic guy to portray/voice Tony Stark? I highly doubt that Uni will be able to use RDJ in their attraction.

Last edited:

Mike S

Lol. I've dreamed of a DK mine cart ride for many years.
Get in line, lol.
Give it time friend in 2025 you may be saying differently.
There's a post by Spirit that put 2023 as a possibility for the new park. I think their choice of name for the land is also almost too deliberately like WWoHP making expansion easy. I can see it now;

SNW: Mario & Friends
SNW: The Legend of Zelda
SNW: Pokémon
One of them may be massively above what it should cost. Or another could be very carefully budgeted.

Remember Forbidden Journey in Orlando was under $90 million. Avland shot through its 700 million with contingency ceiling and is now competing with SWL for total cost.
The number I remember reading was $75 million.
That is one of life's little mysteries.
A mystery directly from, The Twilight Zone.
My biggest question is how are they expecting tourists of every size to ride this? Sure, they can do height and weight limits, but I'm 5'4" (actually 5'3 3/4", but I like to round up), and there's a bit of a height difference between me and my 6'1" tall coworker.
Second question- if this does come to fruition, what does this take the place of, and do they find a generic guy to portray/voice Tony Stark? I highly doubt that Uni will be able to use RDJ in their attraction.
They would probably get whoever does the voice of the cartoon. I think that's what they did when the land originally opened.

Mike S

I wonder if Marvel is happy Deadpool was nominated for Best Picture at the Golden Globes or not because its not in the MCU?
deadpool___maximum_effort_by_lauryquinn-d9wxkhw.png

Princess Leia

I just watched a walk around video of Marvel Superhero Island (because I won't get to experience Universal until next year, and I'd like to have some sort of knowledge about what I talk about). And really, where are they planning on expanding? They could take out Storm Force and Doctor Doom's Freefall, but I wish they would focus on adding a better X-Men ride instead.

Also, after the successes of HP and Kong, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the island a makeover. I get that it looks like comic book pages, but the Nelson & Murdock law office looks like the most 'true to the story' building.

Princess Leia

I wonder if Marvel is happy Deadpool was nominated for Best Picture at the Golden Globes or not because its not in the MCU?
2 Golden Globes nominations. Best Comedy/Musical and Best Actor in a Comedy/Musical.

If I was Disney, I'd be ticked. I'm sure that Civil War or Doctor Strange will be nominated in some tech category for the Academy Awards, but they could go up against Deadpool. I doubt that Deadpool will be in the Best Film category, though stranger things have happened (like Deadpool getting nominated for two Golden Globes awards). The last live-action superhero movie to win an Academy Award was Spider-Man 2 for Best Visual effects (The Incredibles won an award for Best Sound Mixing).

I guess that the message this sends to Disney is that it's superhero lineup needs variation. A lot of the X-Men movies take themselves so seriously, and that's why this one worked. Sure, Disney/Marvel movies are a lot more fun than the DC lineup, but there's no real variation between movies anymore (Guardians excluded). Ant-Man was going to be different, but then executive meddling happened (don't get me wrong, the movie was far better than I expected it to be, it just could have been better).

Last edited:

CastleBound

Get in line, lol.

There's a post by Spirit that put 2023 as a possibility for the new park. I think their choice of name for the land is also almost too deliberately like WWoHP making expansion easy. I can see it now;

SNW: Mario & Friends
SNW: The Legend of Zelda
SNW: Pokémon

So my life's wish is to somehow see Zelda in the parks. It's my favorite Nintendo franchise and one of my favorite things ever. It does make me wonder what we would see in a Zelda land. One of the main focuses of Zelda is Hyrule's castle, which of course more resembles a Cinderella castle than a Hogwarts. So what are the chances they recreate that type of castle in the park? If they don't go the castle route, it'll be interesting to see how they define the land.

Mike S

So my life's wish is to somehow see Zelda in the parks. It's my favorite Nintendo franchise and one of my favorite things ever. It does make me wonder what we would see in a Zelda land. One of the main focuses of Zelda is Hyrule's castle, which of course more resembles a Cinderella castle than a Hogwarts. So what are the chances they recreate that type of castle in the park? If they don't go the castle wrote, it'll be interesting to see how they define the land.
My guess would be the castle and castle town.

rael ramone

A gentleman offers his arm to a lady, he does not take liberties, even with a hovering hand.

Address the princesses as "your highness" (or, if a queen, "your majesty"). After that you can say, "ma'am", but being a commoner, you'll eat your vowels and pronounce it as 'mum'.

It would be a kindness to ask a polite question regarding the royal's known exploits, e.g., "You highness, what was the most interesting thing about moving into a royal palace?" (applicable to Belle, Ariel, and Cinderella).

When you first enter, a royal will greet you with a photopass photographer at the ready. "C'est Belle! Magnifique!"

As they come to the table, you'll have to take your own pictures. So, have your cameras ready.

Or you could just say that supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony...

CastleBound

My guess would be the castle and castle town.
Exactly... just wonder how much they would mimic the WDW castle, but also castle town would probably be similar to Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade. They would just be repeating things a bit too much.

I'd love to see Death Mountain in the background, maybe a bit of Hyrule field, and the Zora Domain. The Zora's would be perfect of animatronics.

Quinnmac000

As for Disney main moneymaker which is animated and songs, Zootopia and Moana both nominated for Animated Film against Universal's Kubo and the Two Strings and Sing. In best original song, Moana only got nominated for How far I'll go and up against Can't Stop The Feeling (Trolls) and Faith (Sing). It seems the competition has been rising against Disney.

Princess Leia

As for Disney main moneymaker which is animated and songs, Zootopia and Moana both nominated for Animated Film against Universal's Kubo and the Two Strings and Sing. In best original song, Moana only got nominated for How far I'll go and up against Can't Stop The Feeling (Trolls) and Faith (Sing). It seems the competition has been rising against Disney.
I mean, Moana was nominated in the two areas I expected. The exclusion of Dory seems to be speak volumes for sequel boredom (even though I loved that movie), so Pixar better take a good hard look at their upcoming projects.
Disney should be okay in the animation department. They have two entries (like Universal), so there's a 50/50 chance that they win something (My Life as a Zucchini is also nominated, but I don't see it winning).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom