Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

imkrazy182

Original Poster
Beginning Dec 7th, Park hopper tickets can add-on Express Transportation to take them via bus park to park using backstage locations. It will be $15 for the day or if multi-day ticket $24, per person. Runs 10am to park close.

PREMiERdrum

giphy.gif

Virtual Toad

C'mon, who wouldn't enjoy paying extra $$$ for magical transportation service through backstage areas?

I'm kind of surprised they didn't relegate the riff-raff to the backstage areas and charge a fee to those who wish to ride the busses on the nicely-landscaped main thoroughfares.

It's a great time to be a Disney fan. May the wonders of modern imagina-- oops, I mean shameless opportunistic profit-seeking-- never cease.

EDIT: Jon81uk's comment above about avoiding a second security check is probably (sadly) spot on. Expect a whole new profit center built around paying to avoid standing in security lines with the unwashed, suspect masses.

Virtual Toad

Disney boasts that one of the benefits to staying "on property" is the complimentary transportation. I'm guessing they've been inundated with complaints of the complimentary transportation being horrendous. Instead of actually correcting the inefficient transportation problem it appears that they've come up with this awful solution.

And there's probably now a built-in incentive to let the "free" transportation rot so that more people will be willing to pay extra for the "deluxe" (read: safe, clean and well-maintained) transportation instead.

Jon81uk

The way things are going, I seriously wonder how soon we'll see a monetization of the FastPass+ system.

I think Disney are trying very hard to do everything possible except that. Fastpass is the one thing they advertise as complimentary with your ticket and I don't see it changing. They will instead try monetising everything else, such as extra hours in the morning/at night and quicker transport.

PREMiERdrum

I think Disney are trying very hard to do everything possible except that. Fastpass is the one thing they advertise as complimentary with your ticket and I don't see it changing. They will instead try monetising everything else, such as extra hours in the morning/at night and quicker transport.

I could absolutely see them still giving out the 3 free FastPass reservations, and allowing the option to pay for additional selections or some even more exclusive "Platinum FastPass" system.

Jon81uk

standing in security lines with the unwashed, suspect masses.

You will of course need to go through security at the first park you enter, but of course once you have checked as long as you remain in the secure side its easier.

This is the advantage Univeral has, they check once at the car parks and everyone goes through metal detectors and bags through X-Ray. That way it doesn't matter if you are in City Walk or either park you only need to be checked once.

MinnieWaffles

Well, for once it's a reasonable price and doesn't really take from others. I don't know, this really doesn't sound as terrible as some of the odd ideas Disney has had later.

I would also like to point out that upcharges are nothing new in the context of any theme park- ride tickets, express pass, dining packages. So it baffles me when this sort of thing comes to great surprise- heck, look at Club 33.

I don't know, this doesn't seem that terrible a idea to me TBH.

TrojanUSC

It's simple: Disney sees Uber making a fortune taking people between parks and resorts. They want some of that revenue stream.

The cabanas are an atrocious, unattractive money grab. This doesn't fix anything, either, but it at least makes some sense. Getting between parks is a tedious challenge. I'd gladly pay $15 for a way to expedite that process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom