Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If only they built those monorails.....

Well this would explain the construction at the MK train trestle overpass on the other side of the bus stops.

I'm guessing also they'll limit this as to not drive the mymagicbus+ system over capacity therefore eliminating any benefits that this new cash grab would present.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Well, for once it's a reasonable price and doesn't really take from others. I don't know, this really doesn't sound as terrible as some of the odd ideas Disney has had later.

I would also like to point out that upcharges are nothing new in the context of any theme park- ride tickets, express pass, dining packages. So it baffles me when this sort of thing comes to great surprise- heck, look at Club 33.

I don't know, this doesn't seem that terrible a idea to me TBH.

I doubt they'll put more busses and drivers on route to staff this. I guarantee it will be staffed by depleting the current bus system meaning less busses and drivers.

I also think this is slightly deceptive on Disney's part. How many first time people with no research are going to buy this ticket add-on thinking it grants them access to the normal bus system and will never know they paid for an extra? I would bet a number of people will.

Also what happens when so many people pay for this it becomes overloaded and the express waits become just as long as the normal waits? It doesn't seem that they're limiting this to a certain number of people if it's going to be an add on to your tickets for $24 for length of stay if you have a park hopper.

mm121

i thought disney had strict rules about who could go backstage?

i know when i was in the band years ago, they were absolutely adamant that there be no kids on the buses, and warned that we may see characters not in complete costume.

just throwing this together without proper construction/planning is a TERRIBLE idea

if they built some kind of "bus stop" backstage, and like covered the windows of the buses with led screens that could show magical images when the bus is backstage, then a live feed of the outside once the bus leaves the backstage (code for secure side of security) this could be a great idea

MinnieWaffles

I doubt they'll put more busses and drivers on route to staff this. I guarantee it will be staffed by depleting the current bus system meaning less busses and drivers.

I also think this is slightly deceptive on Disney's part. How many first time people with no research are going to buy this ticket add-on thinking it grants them access to the normal bus system and will never know they paid for an extra? I would bet a number of people will.

Also what happens when so many people pay for this it becomes overloaded and the express waits become just as long as the normal waits? It doesn't seem that they're limiting this to a certain number of people if it's going to be an add on to your tickets for $24 for length of stay if you have a park hopper.

I see what you mean, that's on CMs to explain exactly what the add on gets you though.

I don't really think many will know/take advantage of it either, like a lot of the add ons to a Disney trip it'll probably be something for people who've been a couple of times.

As for the buses thing, they do have a TON of them, probably most called to the MK on closing!!

TrojanUSC

i know when i was in the band years ago, they were absolutely adamant that there be no kids on the buses, and warned that we may see characters not in complete costume.

just throwing this together without proper construction/planning is a TERRIBLE idea

if they built some kind of "bus stop" backstage, and like covered the windows of the buses with led screens that could show magical images when the bus is backstage, then a live feed of the outside once the bus leaves the backstage (code for secure side of security) this could be a great idea

Disney has people backstage all the time (tons of VIP Tours - where a stated perk is they drive you between parks or even between rides at the same park, blowout exits after parade/fireworks, etc). The decision here would obviously be to ensure that the designated pick-up/drop-off points are not near character areas.

PREMiERdrum

I guarantee you that these routes won't go that deep into backstage. I anticipate they'll use the standard stops already being used by private event charters. In the MK, I'm sure it will be by the old Tomorrowland Theater area between Buzz and CoP, and for EPCOT I believe they'll go in between Guest Relations and UoE.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, there are rules, absolutely no guests backstage....

unless we can earth extra money from it. ;)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
so are they admitting their standard bus service is inadequate and if you want real service you should pay for it?

and why would you pay for this between MK and Epcot (monorail) - will there always be a bus waiting and ready to go? (yeah right)

I'm waiting for the pay per toilet use in the parks or an upcharge for napkins and forks at restaurants...or maybe even an extra charge if you want electricity and running water at their premium all-star resorts

ladies and gentlemen.... welcome to the new Disney :facepalm:

drizgirl

I think Disney are trying very hard to do everything possible except that. Fastpass is the one thing they advertise as complimentary with your ticket and I don't see it changing. They will instead try monetising everything else, such as extra hours in the morning/at night and quicker transport.

I think Disney is monetizing everything they can. And if they COULD monetize FP, they would. But there really is no way to do that with the capacity they have currently. And new stuff coming in 5 to 10 years won't help either since 1) there's not enough and 2) they will likely have closed enough other stuff by then it will be a wash.

mm121

I guarantee you that these routes won't go that deep into backstage. I anticipate they'll use the standard stops already being used by private event charters. In the MK, I'm sure it will be by the old Tomorrowland Theater area between Buzz and CoP, and for EPCOT I believe they'll go in between Guest Relations and UoE.
does anyone have a satellite pic or a map of where these backstage stops are that are used for event charters? just curious where they are

though i still like my idea of buses with magical screens

it would be like a dumbed down version of the hogwarts train at universal

PREMiERdrum

does anyone have a satellite pic or a map of where these backstage stops are that are used for event charters? just curious where they are

There's no infrastructure like you see at a normal bus stop. I've been chartered into both MK and Epcot, both times to the locations listed above. You disembark in a service or cast parking area and walk into the park via a normal CM gate.

I'm assuming for this all they'd need would be a CM or 2 with the handheld MB scanners, and maybe an umbrella for them to stand under.

mm121

so are they admitting their standard bus service is inadequate and if you want real service you should pay for it?

and why would you pay for this between MK and Epcot (monorail) - will there always be a bus waiting and ready to go? (yeah right)
the ability to skip security at the second park, and less walking = time saving would be the benefits
I think Disney is monetizing everything they can. And if they COULD monetize FP, they would. But there really is no way to do that with the capacity they have currently. And new stuff coming in 5 to 10 years won't help either since 1) there's not enough and 2) they will likely have closed enough other stuff by then it will be a wash.

MK definitely needs more attractions, preferably people eater attractions

fantasy land while cool, wasn't a net increase in attraction capacity

they really need to lower the maximum capacity numbers for the parks, as the parks are way way way too crowded most days

mm121

The only way I can see this being a good thing is if so many people pay for the service, it makes the regular bus lines shorter. And the buses less crowded.
if that happens they'll just cut the number of buses on each route

there no chance they are going to let buses run at anything less than human sardines packed into tin can levels

as if this made bus service better for the everyday people less people would be willing to PAY PAY PAY

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom