Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I mean I'm actually more excited for Pandora. The moon itself was absolutely beautiful and stunning. Especially the floating mountains. And then thinking about how high the level of theming is throughout AK (sans DinoLand) I can't wait to see what it is like when it's completed
Even dinoland is incredibly well themed, just a lame theme.

Mike S

Really?
Virtually everything Disney does or plans to do in any park is immediately beset upon by a swarm of posters who brand it subpar, disappointing, the end of the greatness of the parks and on and on.
Well, yes. This thread shows there are plenty of people looking forward to Avatar and some not. It is very broad to paint the entire forum in such a manner.

Magic Feather

A few questions, so Windtraders will be the exit gift shop for both flight of passage and navi river journey? Is the Satu'li canteen the only restaurant along with Pongu Pongu as a beverage stand? And how many guest bathroom locations will there be? Dumb question I know but I'm curious. If I had to guess there would be 2 or 3.
Not the exit shop for both, maybe neither, will have to look back over what I was told (but I think just FoP. Only one Restroom, same leftover from CMM with interior redesign. Satu'li is the only major restaurant.

Fox&Hound

Ahhhhh this looks awesome! I am so excited for this land! Disney is doing something brand new and adventurous and yet people still want to slam them?!?!?! I love that they are taking a gamble and going big. If it was just this I could understand the negativity but we are getting our Star Wars land (the insanely popular IP) plus Avatar which is so unique and exciting! This, Disney Springs, NFL, and huge changes coming to DHS! Ummmmm, yes please!

flyerjab

Don't get too excited. It's a vaguely flying animal-shaped and painted seat. 12 in a row. Think of a row of Soarin but with the seats each having a sculptured ridge and no backrest as such.

No backrest? I actually like how that sounds. From pure capacity reasons I never believed that they would look exactly like the banshees.

If this is the case, how do you secure someone in a seat like that? Is it still a simple seat belt?

doctornick

Not the exit shop for both, maybe neither, will have to look back over what I was told (but I think just FoP. Only one Restroom, same leftover from CMM with interior redesign. Satu'li is the only major restaurant.

I hope they at least have some quick service windows somewhere else in the land (I'm thinking somewhere near NRJ) -- the land is too large to just have one place to get any food. Is Pongu Pongu going to be located near Satu’li Canteen (i.e. are the specialized drinks supposed to compliment Satu’li or is it intended to be a separate F&B location in a different area of the land?)

flyerjab

Ahhhhh this looks awesome! I am so excited for this land! Disney is doing something brand new and adventurous and yet people still want to slam them?!?!?! I love that they are taking a gamble and going big. If it was just this I could understand the negativity but we are getting our Star Wars land (the insanely popular IP) plus Avatar which is so unique and exciting! This, Disney Springs, NFL, and huge changes coming to DHS! Ummmmm, yes please!

Don't forget Imagineers being asked to dream big for Epcot too. And no way are they finished with DHS.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well, yes. This thread shows there are plenty of people looking forward to Avatar and some not. It is very broad to paint the entire forum in such a manner.
This whole thing has been a marathon not a sprint. It's been literally years of hearing all the negative Avatar talk. It seems pretty silly to assume the anti-Avatar people will just throw in the towel and get onboard when the land actually opens. I think the majority of people here are actually looking forward to this land opening and will be critical but fair in their reviews. A small portion will say it's great no matter what because it's Disney and Disney does no wrong and a small portion of posters have already written their negative reviews years ago. That group can't wait until the land opens to point out all the flaws and even if the land is great there will be some who will discount it because it took too long to build. I'm in the middle group looking forward to this opening.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hope they at least have some quick service windows somewhere else in the land (I'm thinking somewhere near NRJ) -- the land is too large to just have one place to get any food. Is Pongu Pongu going to be located near Satu’li Canteen (i.e. are the specialized drinks supposed to compliment Satu’li or is it intended to be a separate F&B location in a different area of the land?)
As far as I know the canteen is QS.

No Name

I like the look of what we see in the art. The beverage place looks especially cool, and the restaurant looks nice as well. The gift shop... I suspect that some people will criticize the industrial-looking lights and ceiling supports. But it's neat to have a glimpse at what they might be selling.

Excited for more tomorrow.

Well that was completely underwhelming.

The hour-long Avatar portion (with Joe Rodhe and James Cameron) of the event isn't until tomorrow. I believe today's details came from at a general parks segment with Chappie. Either way, the main Avatarland portion is still to come.

Last edited:

No Name

It's possible that if you've been focused on this, you've missed the bigger news, so I'll spread that to here.

Chappie said:
- the Tower of Terror at DHS is safe from a GotG makeover
- Epcot will be undergoing a major transformation, but "it will stay true to our original vision."

As for my opinion. The ToT news really, really makes me happy. That was great of him to say. The Epcot words also get me excited, though I have doubts on the "original vision" part.

doctornick

As far as I know the canteen is QS.

Absolutely, it's been pretty well established that the main dining place would be a quick serve.

My point is more that if Satu’li Canteen is the main food place for the land, will there also be a secondary place (probably more of just a window for take away) somewhere else in the land with actual food. Something kind of like Satu’li Canteen being the Pinocchio Village Haus but also having a secondary small option like Friar's Nook.*

I just feel like the land is too big to have only one place to get real food (i.e. not just a snack cart).

*yes, I realize Friar's Nook is open just seasonally, I was trying to come up with an example of the type of quick serves I'm talking about.

SosoDude

Still entertained by Snap Crackle and Pop here pretending that anyone wants an Avatar Land.

Haha! Snap, Crackle, and Pop. Now, thats funny.

trampdog

I'm giving odds on this opening before September 22, 2017 (last day of summer). The current odds are 45-1. You can paypal me the money and I'll log the book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom