New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Ag11gani

A poster on the DisBoards (TheRustyScupper) who has previously said that he had attended the RoL exec previou earlier in the year, has posted,

1) Do not count on RoL quickly
2) The dates have been pushed back, AGAIN
3) They don't want to hire barge drivers (read: PEOPLE)
4) The automated/driverless barges are not working
5) More "technical" problems that could be solved by just hiring people, instead of doing it on the cheap

This could be in line with what was said above, either a exec preview or a dress rehearsal of some sorts.

Magic Feather

A poster on the DisBoards (TheRustyScupper) who has previously said that he had attended the RoL exec previou earlier in the year, has posted,

5) More "technical" problems that could be solved by just hiring people, instead of doing it on the cheap

This could be in line with what was said above, either a exec preview or a dress rehearsal of some sorts.
First off, only tentative dates are in circulation as of yet, and note the plurality of dates.

Regarding 3 4 and 5, last I heard, the major obstacles in the GPS system have been overcome, however, a few floats do have some concerns attached. None of the barges could easily accommodate a driver, except possibly the Shaman Boats, due to their designs. It would either be the most visible driver on any , or we would be getting new floats, which believe me will NOT happen. Disney would be quicker to drop the show than build new floats, and that is something that is not on the table.

TTA94

First off, only tentative dates are in circulation as of yet, and note the plurality of dates.

Regarding 3 4 and 5, last I heard, the major obstacles in the GPS system have been overcome, however, a few floats do have some concerns attached. None of the barges could easily accommodate a driver, except possibly the Shaman Boats, due to their designs. It would either be the most visible driver on any , or we would be getting new floats, which believe me will NOT happen. Disney would be quicker to drop the show than build new floats, and that is something that is not on the table.

So in your opinion we are not seeing RoL this weekend or next? At least based off recent posts things are not sounding good. Obviously I know we have been playing this up and down game for awhile, and it got to the point where we don't know who has more legit info and who is just making stuff up.

Magic Feather

So in your opinion we are not seeing RoL this weekend or next? At least based off recent posts things are not sounding good. Obviously I know we have been playing this up and down game for awhile, and it got to the point where we don't know who has more legit info and who is just making stuff up.
TBH, at this point, I can't even tell you a guesstimate timeline. I can tell you almost anything about the show, except the opening date at this point.

TTA94

TBH, at this point, I can't even tell you a guesstimate timeline. I can tell you almost anything about the show, except the opening date at this point.

Not going to ask you a lot of questions lol but overall how much has the show changed compared to what it originally was going to be? Still has the floating lanterns?

Rteetz

Rusty is a little rusty...

MouseClues

Rusty is a LONG time Disney Cast Member, who works in multiple departments, who is invited to many exclusive events, who does have more access than most. He does have a "style" in how he talks/posts to which some take issue with but it's just his way. He comes from a background that comes with understanding processes and engineering so I wouldn't dismiss what he says or be negative towards him. I think we all knew that this problem could have been resolved WAY back if they had only reconfigured the floats to put drivers on them. Even if they had to be "seen" they could be kuroko style and fade into the set. But that is admitting failure. At this point it's just embarrassing, they know it and it's why they have kept it close ... and I wouldn't believe info that offers any kind of date or time as anything other than gossip or guesses.

Rteetz

Rusty is a LONG time Disney Cast Member, who works in multiple departments, who is invited to many exclusive events, who does have more access than most. He does have a "style" in how he talks/posts to which some take issue with but it's just his way. He comes from a background that comes with understanding processes and engineering so I wouldn't dismiss what he says or be negative towards him. I think we all knew that this problem could have been resolved WAY back if they had only reconfigured the floats to put drivers on them. Even if they had to be "seen" they could be kuroko style and fade into the set. But that is admitting failure. At this point it's just embarrassing, they know it and it's why they have kept it close ... and I wouldn't believe info that offers any kind of date or time as anything other than gossip or guesses.
Well aware of Rusty... Let's just say he likes to brag...

Ag11gani

Yeah, I was just passing along the info though.

And regarding the floating lanterns, were they just supposed to move around the lake during the show, because we (as far as I know) haven't seen those out testing which is a bad sign for them appearing.

prfctlyximprct

89216DAE-AD6E-46F3-A46C-FB83100DB40F_zpss5wwgwlf.png

This all sounds promising but I still just don't know.

ToTBellHop

I think a lot of people are hyping the show up to be the greatest thing ever. Enjoyable is a good thing. Better than un enjoyable.
It's a pretty subdued response from a Disney fan, though. I'm used to "ermagerd, guys! This show is so amazing! I'm still crying and I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat for the last 93 hours! My boss fired me but it was so worth it and I'll see this show nightly until my AP runs out and I'm forced to live in squalor!"

Disney Analyst

It's a pretty subdued response from a Disney fan, though. I'm used to "ermagerd, guys! This show is so amazing! I'm still crying and I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat for the last 93 hours! My boss fired me but it was so worth it and I'll see this show nightly until my AP runs out and I'm forced to live in squalor!"

Basically my reaction after seeing Disneyland Fantasmic for first time.

TTA94

Wait what? You have seen it??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom