2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
tray.JPG
On Saturday it was a tasting tray.

Last edited:

shipley731

So we went Friday night for our annual Sister Hazel fix; it also happened to be our third visit to the Festival so went to get out AP tumblers.

Unfortuntaely, they had run out earlier in the day and wouldn't be getting any more in, so there was a long line of upset AP's filling out Guest Recovery forms. We were told we would be sent a replacement gift in lieu of the tumblers, just that they didn't know what it would be yet.

Anyone heard anything yet? I'm expecting it to be some leftover festival merch, perhaps Ratatouille pins from the scavenger hunt.

Wow, I'm glad I went last Sunday and picked mine up.

JohnD

View attachment 175017 On Saturday it was a tasting tray.

I have one for 2013. I came to the F&W festival in 2014 with it and they sold out of those trays weeks before. I had a lot of envious people staring at me. Since then they've figured out to have a lot more in stock. Several weeks ago, I just brought my 2013 tray. I was good to go.

I see what you mean though. You got a tasting tray instead of the tumbler. Yeah, I would want the tumbler.

Otterhead

If a booth has 3 items, can you use a QS credit for all 3?
Absolutely. You can convert one QS credit to 3 snack credits on the spot and get those three items, or three of the same item, etc. I did this many times at this years' F&W Fest.

But ask first. Two or three booths don't allow it. I think Poland was one of them.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
I have one for 2013. I came to the F&W festival in 2014 with it and they sold out of those trays weeks before. I had a lot of envious people staring at me. Since then they've figured out to have a lot more in stock. Several weeks ago, I just brought my 2013 tray. I was good to go.

I see what you mean though. You got a tasting tray instead of the tumbler. Yeah, I would want the tumbler.

I'd have preferred the tumbler. Once we find the right container to fit in the drink holder space we'll have something for chips and dip at home. It's not a big deal either way... unless my wife can't find a spot to store them and it leads to her wanting to get new cabinets!

JohnD

I'd have preferred the tumbler. Once we find the right container to fit in the drink holder space we'll have something for chips and dip at home. It's not a big deal either way... unless my wife can't find a spot to store them and it leads to her wanting to get new cabinets!

Agree. You can purchase the tray. Not so the tumbler which is kind of the point.

JohnD

Did people actually buy these things?

Only worthwhile if you plan to use it and bring it for future F&W festivals. I've used mine in multiple years. Stand up tables are few and far between. Convenient to have if you want to eat and drink while you walk to your next booth.

tribbleorlfl

Got our runner-up food tray instead of the AP glass :( on Sat. Should've known something like this would have happened, oh well. Didn't realize that you could get a voucher for a replacement. Is there a way after the fact to send something to Disney? Or are we stuck with our $6.99 trays.
The Guest Recovery form we filled out Fri wasn't to get a replacement tumbler, it was so they had our contact info (and AP #'s) so they could send us whatever substitute item they came up with. They made it pretty clear no additional tumblers would be made and that whatever it was they sent us would be regular merchandise.

I'm not surprised they had something in place for Sat as the line to fill out the forms was very long.

Last edited:

Kate Alan

Did people actually buy these things?

Our travel party bought them, but the reasoning was twofold for us - many of us are frequent visitors/AP holders and figure we'll use them at future F&W events, and we also have other regular entertaining events back home that we host where we figured they'd be useful to us. They did come in pretty handy.

As a substitute to the tumbler though, it seems a pretty poor replacement. I can't imagine the average person getting much use out of the trays outside of using them for subsequent Food & Wine visits. Seems like it would have been better to go with some other F&W item. Heck, unbox the stemless wine glasses and start handing those out individually - at least it would be something that could be utilized daily at home.

tribbleorlfl

While something free is better than nothing, I'm pretty disappointed these are what thry ended up giving out. Outside of the festivals, they have very little utility. The slot for the wine glass is too small for any of our glasses and my 2 kids obviously don't drink wine. A generic WDW mug, one of the Ratatouille pins or even a FP of our choice would have been infinitely better.

tribbleorlfl

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but yesterday I finally received our replacement AP gifts in the mail (5 months later!). While I was expecting the tasting trays or some other leftover bit of merch, I was actually surprised they went out of their way to actually make something. Sure, the tumblers would have had much more utility than these coins, but the fact they probably didn't make a ton of these might mean they have some long-term collectible value.

Regardless, this is old-school Disney customer service, and I appreciate the follow through and nice note.
IMG_20170403_123602.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170403_123602.jpg
    IMG_20170403_123602.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 195

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom