2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

JiminyandTink

Same! Anyone have any must-try favorites to recommend? I looked through the list and there isn't a whole lot that's absolutely jumping out at me. Also, does the list seem shorter than normal or was that just me?
My favorite ravioli dish in Italy was taken off he menu a couple of years ago, but I am excited to try the chicken parm this year!

It's all really according to your personal tastes, for instance, everyone seems to love the filet mignon in Canada, but I'm not a big fan, meanwhile, I like the kefta pocket in Morocco and I'm not sure that's popular at all. Not to discourage you from the filet (don't get me wrong it is good, just not a fav of mine).

Looking forward too the apple strudel in Germany as well!

dreamfinder

Also, does the list seem shorter than normal or was that just me?

Hard to say. Most of the booths look about right, 3-4 food items with 3-4 drinks. But then the Brewers Collection only has 3 listed, and I was pretty certain they had at least 4 in the past to do a full tasting flight. And the Craft Beer stand shows 6 beers, while in the past they were closer to 20. Maybe a few things are still left to be finalized? Or perhaps the beer is just an outlier, with availability not being fully locked in yet.

MississippiBelle

Hard to say. Most of the booths look about right, 3-4 food items with 3-4 drinks. But then the Brewers Collection only has 3 listed, and I was pretty certain they had at least 4 in the past to do a full tasting flight. And the Craft Beer stand shows 6 beers, while in the past they were closer to 20. Maybe a few things are still left to be finalized? Or perhaps the beer is just an outlier, with availability not being fully locked in yet.

This will be our first time going, so I've only ever briefly glanced/drooled over the list when I had time. Definitely still very excited to try some cool new dishes/drinks and experiences!

trampdog

The food options look good as always and I can't wait to try the new ones. I am sure prices will be up by $1.00, but hey supply and demand. I am glad to see those Korean Hot Dogs are gone. Yuck! Now the bad...

In addition to the ever shrinking cup size, the beer offerings are absolutely HORRID! I think I saw two IPAs in the entire line-up. That sucks! The regular beer offerings around the park (in large cups I will add) are just as good as the garbage they've brought in. Wow, how sad :(.

jakeman

I think I saw two IPAs in the entire line-up. That sucks! The regular beer offerings around the park (in large cups I will add) are just as good as the garbage they've brought in. Wow, how sad :(.
The IPA trend is dying and Disney isn't daring enough to hop (no pun intended) on the sour bandwagon that is currently on the rise.

There are 7 new beers at the festival from what I can see comparing it to my Untappd. Some of them seem interesting.

Personally, taking the price out of the equation, I like the smaller pours. I'm there to try new beers, not to get trashed. The smaller pours let me do that.

With all that said, there is some merit to the quality of the standard beer offerings around the World at the various bars, even if they do lean a bit heavy towards AB-InBev products.

trampdog

The IPA trend is dying and Disney isn't daring enough to hop (no pun intended) on the sour bandwagon that is currently on the rise.

There are 7 new beers at the festival from what I can see comparing it to my Untappd. Some of them seem interesting.

Personally, taking the price out of the equation, I like the smaller pours. I'm there to try new beers, not to get trashed. The smaller pours let me do that.

With all that said, there is some merit to the quality of the standard beer offerings around the World at the various bars, even if they do lean a bit heavy towards AB-InBev products.

Living in Colorado and having 4.5 micro-brewers per square mile, we are still in the IPA/DPA trend. A couple of companies doing sours, but not much. Session beers seem to be popular and keep the ABV down. That might work in Epcot if they wanted to keep people from getting drunk.

Personally, I think a standard pint pour. I know when to stop and the dixie cup sizes they are doing now are not enough for me.

jakeman

Living in Colorado and having 4.5 micro-brewers per square mile, we are still in the IPA/DPA trend. A couple of companies doing sours, but not much. Session beers seem to be popular and keep the ABV down. That might work in Epcot if they wanted to keep people from getting drunk.

Personally, I think a standard pint pour. I know when to stop and the dixie cup sizes they are doing now are not enough for me.
I'm sorry that you are still in the IPA trend. That's no way to go through life. :)

You and I might know our limits, but Johnny McMexicoClimber doesn't and there's a whole lot more of him than us.

JohnD

Early booking begins tomorrow. Per Disney Food Blog:

Disney Chase Visa: Opens 7am. Call 407-939-1870
APs/DVC/TIW/Golden Oak: Opens 9am. Call 407-939-3378 (WDW-FEST)

All others: 7/21 at 9am

"Early Booking WARNINGS:
Just as a heads' up, early booking days like tomorrow can often end up a bit frustrating. In light of how many people will be calling in the morning, give yourself PLENTY of time to call and book. And be prepared for barriers like:
  • Cast Members who have no idea what you're talking about
  • LOOOOOOOOONG wait times to speak to a Cast Member in the first place
  • Mixed up computer systems
  • General frustration
This may NOT be your experience (and we REALLY hope it's not), but in the past -- and especially on early booking days -- we've come across these issues more often than not. Here's a post we did in 2015 about what to expect on peak booking days. Just a heads up."

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

Last edited:

JohnD

So, I called in at 7am and got right through. Things were looking up until I was told no availability. Apparently they release 15% of inventory. I was already SOL. They said to call back on 7/21 when inventory opens to the general public. Tried calling back immediately and received a message wait time was 2 hours. I could call back at 9am for APs but I'm not very hopeful.

So much for my being a Disney Visa Card and AP holder.

tl77

I think if Epcot is going to keep being Food and Wine HQ every year they should bring back they guys
kkplacemat.jpg

LorangeJuice

I'm curious if the Premium Package with reserved seating areas will be back for 2016?

I'm being told that it is not available this year. Very disappointed.

I talked with GR just to let them know that I booked my trip around this package. I told them I knew that sounded cliche, but my hotel reservations were for M-Th and my park tickets were one park per day tickets because we wanted to get the most out of this package. And I added it'd be one thing if it were consistently advertised in the past and it wasn't this year and I took a risk, but it wasn't advertised last year, and it was still available then, so I was expecting the same this year. I was objective about it; not emotional. I told them it's frustrating to have to book everything else so far in advance just to have a lack of information on this and other premium events 2 months out. I knew we were taking a risk here, but its' not like this particular package involves a celebrity chef or a brewery where things can get hectic with booking/cancelations of events/celebrities. Therefore, I don't see why this particular package couldn't have been confirmed much earlier in the past. Then, we would have known this year it most likely wasn't going to be offered at all. Even looking at the schedule that was released last week for the week we are going, there are 3 Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Parties on M-Th of that week, so we still felt pretty good about it being offered.

I'm not sure why it isn't being offered again. It can't be for lack of interest because it's a limited event in the first place, and it's never been advertised well in advance. I would think those with the Premium Package spend quite a bit more at the booths than not. It's just like the FastPass system, right? Less time in line = more money spent. I even told GR, if it's not generating a justifiable return, then why not an adjustment before axing it altogether? Just raise the price or nix the goodie bag/dessert party. I just don't want to spend all this money on a vacation to stand in line and eat over a smelly trash can in the hot sun! I told them it'd be one thing if it were just me and my friends, but I'm bringing Mom, so we weren't going to be drastic and cancel this year's trip, but I certainly wasn't going to bring her again without this package.

Very polite and understanding CM. He told me these things change all the time. I didn't say this because it wouldn't have done any good, but so do our family traditions and vacations (no, we won't be going to Uni next year, but probably somewhere else lol)!

EDIT: Does anybody think this has to do with the anticipated increase in foot traffic through WS because of Frozen?

Last edited:

tpoly88

This is going to be my first time attending the food and wine festival, have no idea what to expect. Reading up and getting excited!
for what the festival is, its a lot of fun. i have been going now for 17yrs and it has gotten better in terms of food (the food when it began was terrible) but the wine was better. they have gotten rid of the wine gardens (they had one in between Africa and Germany that was pay one price and taste 4-5 Australian wines and another at America with wines from all over the US), plus they had a beer garden too (it moved into Odyssey) . One bit of advice is to load up your magic band with money or buy a prepaid card at one of the vendors. makes it easier to breeze through payment and you credit card company wont call you or shut your card down (had that happen). Does not matter which way you start but we always go to France first (we come in from international gateway) as my wife like to start with champagne. its also the most expensive so you get that out of the way. You cannot make it around the world drinking at every spot (your my idol if you can) as there are over 30+ kiosks( the college kids try). it is fun to fill up the passbook and taste all the different foods and drink. a final word if you can avoid going on a Saturday or Sunday you will be happier as the lines will be very short during the week. Plus if you have little ones with you watch out for the drunk scooter drivers in the afternoon. i saw a lady last year drive right into a garbage can!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom