2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

Texas84

for what the festival is, its a lot of fun. i have been going now for 17yrs and it has gotten better in terms of food (the food when it began was terrible) but the wine was better. they have gotten rid of the wine gardens (they had one in between Africa and Germany that was pay one price and taste 4-5 Australian wines and another at America with wines from all over the US), plus they had a beer garden too (it moved into Odyssey) .

Last year they had The Wine Studio. This year it is the Wine & Dine Studio. Not sure if it is comparable to the old wine gardens.

tpoly88

The wine studio was ok, lets see what they have this year. Area in America was great as they had wines from NY, Wash, Virginia, Oregon and California. I think it was mentioned there was a dispute with the wineries and Disney, which is why they stopped with all the different wines. Regardless my wife and i have a blast every year.

disneyKaiju

for what the festival is, its a lot of fun. i have been going now for 17yrs and it has gotten better in terms of food (the food when it began was terrible) but the wine was better. they have gotten rid of the wine gardens (they had one in between Africa and Germany that was pay one price and taste 4-5 Australian wines and another at America with wines from all over the US), plus they had a beer garden too (it moved into Odyssey) . One bit of advice is to load up your magic band with money or buy a prepaid card at one of the vendors. makes it easier to breeze through payment and you credit card company wont call you or shut your card down (had that happen). Does not matter which way you start but we always go to France first (we come in from international gateway) as my wife like to start with champagne. its also the most expensive so you get that out of the way. You cannot make it around the world drinking at every spot (your my idol if you can) as there are over 30+ kiosks( the college kids try). it is fun to fill up the passbook and taste all the different foods and drink. a final word if you can avoid going on a Saturday or Sunday you will be happier as the lines will be very short during the week. Plus if you have little ones with you watch out for the drunk scooter drivers in the afternoon. i saw a lady last year drive right into a garbage can!!
Thank you for the info! The scooter thing made me LOL!

michmousefan

Same! Anyone have any must-try favorites to recommend? I looked through the list and there isn't a whole lot that's absolutely jumping out at me. Also, does the list seem shorter than normal or was that just me?
Patagonia/Argentina and the Chew Collective have some awesome offerings. Brazil as well. There was a pumpkin mousse dessert in Hops and Barley (the American pavilion area) that was so good I asked to get a copy of the recipe and have made it several times.

Michelle P

Last year there were several flights of beverages-cider, scotch, tequila, wine. These don't appear to be on the menu this year, any ideas?

dreamfinder

Selections for some of the beverages still seem way down from previous years. Craft Beer location, I'm looking at you. Only 6 beers? Was hoping that would be corrected when it officially opened.

MississippiBelle

Quick, possibly dumb question (sorry for interrupting the flow of news): I'm 23, but I look like I'm 16. In fact I got 12 at a restaurant a couple weeks ago when I tried to order a glass of wine (they say I'll appreciate this one day...). I've never been of age while at Disney, but obviously will be on our upcoming trip. Will I need to carry my physical ID with me to F&W? My correct age/birthday will be on my magic band, I assumed that I would just scan that. However, I've read that other posters have seen people get carded. I wasn't planning on carrying a wallet or anything until now.

hpyhnt 1000

Quick, possibly dumb question (sorry for interrupting the flow of news): I'm 23, but I look like I'm 16. In fact I got 12 at a restaurant a couple weeks ago when I tried to order a glass of wine (they say I'll appreciate this one day...). I've never been of age while at Disney, but obviously will be on our upcoming trip. Will I need to carry my physical ID with me to F&W? My correct age/birthday will be on my magic band, I assumed that I would just scan that. However, I've read that other posters have seen people get carded. I wasn't planning on carrying a wallet or anything until now.

Definitely bring your ID - I know we were carded in 2014. MagicBands aren't considered legal government photo ID, plus people could easily switch bands once inside the park, further nullifying their effectiveness for identification.

MississippiBelle

Definitely bring your ID - I know we were carded in 2014. MagicBands aren't considered legal government photo ID, plus people could easily switch bands once inside the park, further nullifying their effectiveness for identification.

Great point... I didn't even think about that. I was always to chicken to consider how to work around the underage drinking system. Thanks!

dreamfinder

Clamman73

hpyhnt 1000

Well, I feel Disney has been quasi phoning it in for F&W for some time now. It's still a fun festival but the value and variety of dishes doesn't seem as good as it used to be.

At the same time, I wonder if the cutback on beer is in response to formal complaints (have there been any?) about drunkenness. Just search for "drunkytown" on these boards and you'd think Epcot has turned into a giant frat party or something.

DSteph

I'm looking for a link to locations for the kiosks not obviously connected to a pavilion. Specifically Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Ireland, Poland and S. Korea. Would anyone be willing to help with that?

Rob562

I'm looking for a link to locations for the kiosks not obviously connected to a pavilion. Specifically Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Ireland, Poland and S. Korea. Would anyone be willing to help with that?

If you look through the 70-photo gallery in the above linked page, the gallery generally circles the lagoon starting in World Showcase Plaza with Farm Fresh, and going clockwise around the lagoon, ending back at the Plaza with Hawaii. The other few booths and menus after that in the gallery are in the Rose Garden or Odyssey.

-Rob

DisneyDreamer08

I was just looking at menus on the Disney food blog and most items were noted as being snack credits. If a booth has 3 items, can you use a QS credit for all 3?

jakeman

Well, I feel Disney has been quasi phoning it in for F&W for some time now. It's still a fun festival but the value and variety of dishes doesn't seem as good as it used to be.
They do seem to have "honed" their dishes at certain booths.

At the same time, I wonder if the cutback on beer is in response to formal complaints (have there been any?) about drunkenness. Just search for "drunkytown" on these boards and you'd think Epcot has turned into a giant frat party or something.
I'd probably blame AB-InBev before I'd look at complaints from guest. Most of the "foreign" beer is an AB-InBev subsidiary and some other brands that aren't AB-InBev are virtually nonexistent (Sam Adams). I wouldn't be surprised if there were some distributor issues that Disney is either complacent with or hamstrung by, especially with AB-InBev but up distributors recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom