2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

dreamfinder

They do seem to have "honed" their dishes at certain booths.

I'd probably blame AB-InBev before I'd look at complaints from guest. Most of the "foreign" beer is an AB-InBev subsidiary and some other brands that aren't AB-InBev are virtually nonexistent (Sam Adams). I wouldn't be surprised if there were some distributor issues that Disney is either complacent with or hamstrung by, especially with AB-InBev but up distributors recently.

Which is interesting, seeing as how Sam Adams had a huge presence a few years back, even sponsoring free beer seminars where the new restrooms are in the America pavilion. Their foreign beer has always been iffy, as you said within a single portfolio, but the last few years they had been expanding out of just the AB-InBev brands, but may have still been within a distributor, I'm not that familiar with the FL distributors.

jakeman

Which is interesting, seeing as how Sam Adams had a huge presence a few years back, even sponsoring free beer seminars where the new restrooms are in the America pavilion. Their foreign beer has always been iffy, as you said within a single portfolio, but the last few years they had been expanding out of just the AB-InBev brands, but may have still been within a distributor, I'm not that familiar with the FL distributors.
My knowledge of Florida distributors is limited as well. It's mainly an inference on my part given how the beer scene in general is playing out.

As for Sam Adams, I don't know what happened there, but either they gave up or were muscled out of most attraction places recently. Their presence is significantly down at WDW and I know a handful of ballparks (major and minors) where they've been essentially wiped out of the park.

You're right about the foreign beer, but event the non-AB-InBev brands seem to be rather static.

I haven't looked again, but when the initial list came out there were only 7 new beers in the whole festival. That's probably good enough for folks where (ironically) Sam Adams is an adventurous craft beer but for repeat visitors with anything more than a basic exploration of their local beer scene, it's rather paltry.

Rosso11

They do seem to have "honed" their dishes at certain booths.

I'd probably blame AB-InBev before I'd look at complaints from guest. Most of the "foreign" beer is an AB-InBev subsidiary and some other brands that aren't AB-InBev are virtually nonexistent (Sam Adams). I wouldn't be surprised if there were some distributor issues that Disney is either complacent with or hamstrung by, especially with AB-InBev but up distributors recently.
Disney was pretty much exclusive to AB for years up until recently. Thankfully a few years ago they decided not to renew their contract with them so they have been free to bring in beer from whoever they choose. They have had some great success with craft beer now and have continued the trend. You can now find larger craft brands like Sierra Nevada and Bells to smaller local brands like Cigar City to small Belgium breweries like Petrus Aged Pale across the parks and resorts. Unfortunately it takes a little work to figure out where all of the good beer is being poured across property.

Bolt

Looks like a quasi permament kiosk. Is it like the one in Mexico where we can expect it to stay open year round?
Mexicos isn't going to be year round. It was brought in early after the margarita kiosk closed.

Moroccos does look a lot better - seems to be the new look of refreshed kiosks. Less shanty look.

Pixiechaser1

Quick, possibly dumb question (sorry for interrupting the flow of news): I'm 23, but I look like I'm 16. In fact I got 12 at a restaurant a couple weeks ago when I tried to order a glass of wine (they say I'll appreciate this one day...). I've never been of age while at Disney, but obviously will be on our upcoming trip. Will I need to carry my physical ID with me to F&W? My correct age/birthday will be on my magic band, I assumed that I would just scan that. However, I've read that other posters have seen people get carded. I wasn't planning on carrying a wallet or anything until now.

I too avoid carrying a wallet. Perhaps a lanyard with the clear ID Pouch hanging from it.
You could just put your Drivers license in there and not have to worry about losing it.

JohnD

Quick, possibly dumb question (sorry for interrupting the flow of news): I'm 23, but I look like I'm 16. In fact I got 12 at a restaurant a couple weeks ago when I tried to order a glass of wine (they say I'll appreciate this one day...). I've never been of age while at Disney, but obviously will be on our upcoming trip. Will I need to carry my physical ID with me to F&W? My correct age/birthday will be on my magic band, I assumed that I would just scan that. However, I've read that other posters have seen people get carded. I wasn't planning on carrying a wallet or anything until now.

If you get carded, have fun with it and proudly show your ID. "Are you 21 or over?" "Why, yes I am!" (show card).

Pleakley

I saw someone on the DIS Boards thread, say they were able to do this successfully. They specifically mentioned doing it at the France booth.

Yep I've done it at both Food and Wine and Flower and Garden.

Getting three steaks from Canada isn't a bad QS meal at all!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes, you will absolutely have to have physical ID with you. You can enter any age into MDE, so scanning a MB isn't a viable option.

Figment82

Not sure if this is the best thread to post this in, but Dennis DeYoung will not be performing tonight. Tiffany will be playing again instead. From what I've gathered, Dennis has a sinus infection - he performed through it in Naples on Saturday, but I'm sure he wants to take some time to rest and recover.

Just thought I'd put it out there for those (like me!) who were planning on going over tonight. No word yet on his Tuesday or Wednesday concerts.

tribbleorlfl

So we went Friday night for our annual Sister Hazel fix; it also happened to be our third visit to the Festival so went to get out AP tumblers.

Unfortuntaely, they had run out earlier in the day and wouldn't be getting any more in, so there was a long line of upset AP's filling out Guest Recovery forms. We were told we would be sent a replacement gift in lieu of the tumblers, just that they didn't know what it would be yet.

Anyone heard anything yet? I'm expecting it to be some leftover festival merch, perhaps Ratatouille pins from the scavenger hunt.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So we went Friday night for our annual Sister Hazel fix; it also happened to be our third visit to the Festival so went to get out AP tumblers.

Unfortuntaely, they had run out earlier in the day and wouldn't be getting any more in, so there was a long line of upset AP's filling out Guest Recovery forms. We were told we would be sent a replacement gift in lieu of the tumblers, just that they didn't know what it would be yet.

Anyone heard anything yet? I'm expecting it to be some leftover festival merch, perhaps Ratatouille pins from the scavenger hunt.
I had seen Alice in Wonderland mugs being given instead.

Omnikron

Got our runner-up food tray instead of the AP glass :( on Sat. Should've known something like this would have happened, oh well. Didn't realize that you could get a voucher for a replacement. Is there a way after the fact to send something to Disney? Or are we stuck with our $6.99 trays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom