Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

No Name

I hope construction is going well, but just as imporantly, that major cuts are not being made.

They said that it would be a billion dollar land. I hope that billion dollars is used to its greatest potential.

Well, in one case it gives the perception that it's taking a very long time to complete. It's the same problem Avatar had with being announced way too early.

Well, exactly, is what I mean. It really only matters to people involved or people who follow the progress, like us. The date of announcement has no impact to the other >99% of guests.

That is why I do not understand, or more accurately, do not see importance in a complant about Disney announcing something too early.

Last edited:

Mike S

Well, exactly, is what I mean. It really only matters to people involved or people who follow the progress, like us. The date of announcement has no impact to the other >99% of guests.

That is why I do not understand, or more accurately, do not see importance in a complant about Disney announcing something too early.
Since this thread is about Star Wars I'll say it's very likely that a good number of that "99%" payed attention when it was announced due to the popularity of the IP itself. If its initial announcement was the same as Avatar plenty of people would've wondered why it's taking so long vs. announcement in 2015 and rumored to be opening in 2018 (DL) and 2019 (DHS).

No Name

Since this thread is about Star Wars I'll say it's very likely that a good number of that "99%" payed attention when it was announced due to the popularity of the IP itself. If its initial announcement was the same as Avatar plenty of people would've wondered why it's taking so long vs. announcement in 2015 and rumored to be opening in 2018 (DL) and 2019 (DHS).

Yes, I agree that for a popular IP like Star Wars, there are far more who payed attention to the announcement. But how many of those people think about Star Wars land on a weekly basis?

Major theme park fans and Star Wars fans likely do. But those people knew that Star Wars Land was coming, and so the official word from Disney was hardly a surprise. Regardless of the announcement date, the land is opening at a certain date. And so if someone feels that they're waiting longer or shorter due to the length of time from announcement to completion, they should really rethink that logic. Technically, they've waited their entire lifetime.

Other people, like most of my relatives, do not think about Star Wars land that often and don't have nearly the same interest that we do. So, since they're not closely watching SWL, the long timeline can't possibly bother them. They simply don't care enough to... well... to care. When they hear that it opens, they'll think "oh neat, it's open now!" And then it'll fall to the back of their mind by the next day. This kind of stuff interests them as much as some other random piece of news interests you or me.

Personally, I like early announcements because it commits Disney to something and turns rumor into reality. For example, if Disney were to announce a Frontierland expansion today, they wouldn't be able to quietly cut it from their plans. Similarly, if they had announced "DHS phase 3," it likely would not have been scrapped.

Just my two cents. Maybe my coins are not real.

HauntedMansionFLA

Any idea who is doing the rockwork for SWL? Will Zsolt Hormay move over to this project after Avatar?

CanadianGordon

Gearing up to do a RunDisney and would love for the new land to be open, but thinking it might be worth it to do the big trip sooner rather than later in order to enjoy Epcot before the redo, and take advantage of an in progress Studios. I don't want to wait until 2019/2020 for SWL for my next trip!

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
i would say Zholt Hormay has been done with the avatar project for a while and in fact i would be willing to bet he s been working on Star wars rock work

Lots of gifted designers do the rock work layout (on this and other projects.). Susan Chan did much of the 3D work in RHINO.... She's one of the reasons it wont fall on anyone and looks amazing....

*1023*

HauntedMansionFLA

I can't say this enough..... Personal experience aside....

VR is the future of all presented media.

*1023*
Can't you give us hints on some of the little details that will be going into SWL? We know there are two ride attractions and dining options. What are some of the things that will lead us to believe we are in the SW universe? Jedi Training confirmed? I find it interesting that the SW artwork of the city matches up with what was in the Rogue One trailer the other day.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Can't you give us hints on some of the little details that will be going into SWL? We know there are two ride attractions and dining options. What are some of the things that will lead us to believe we are in the SW universe? Jedi Training confirmed? I find it interesting that the SW artwork of the city matches up with what was in the Rogue One trailer the other day.

Hmmmmm....
I'm sure this as been said elsewhere, if not it should have been, multiply Star Wars Weekends by 10..... It will be like you've died and gone to Star Wars Cosplay heaven. Once you get a chance to see what "Pandora" looks like, you'll understand the level of immersion.... Of course, the separation in DLR will set you a bit more apart than WDW. DLR will also be the test bed for what works in terms of random character encounters.....

"BotFO"(or whatever it ends up being called) will be the new GOLD standard for E-tickets.... mind you, that's after putting together two attractions in AK that will set new standards as well....

Who wants to be a Jedi?;)

A great deal of the visuals from the new "lands" will look and feel like the new movies as far as art direction. Takodana and other new worlds will inspire the look and feel....

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom