The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Magenta Panther

A certain user who has an Oswald The Lucky Rabbit avatar? I wonder who that could be? I hope he ate those words.

Quite a few folks here objected to this idea, not just me. But anyway the puppet show is there now and at least the puppets now have a venue where they don't have to worry about box-office returns or ratings, so yeah, success? :D

But seriously, enjoy the puppet show on Liberty Square.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It is attracting big crowds

DSC01704-2.jpg

AEfx

I'm so pleased it turned out so well. What a neat little addition. As I said from the start, I had no doubts it would be done appropriately and fit into the area just fine.

I also like the simple way in which it is done - because they easily could add seasonal variants, etc. by just changing the audio as opposed to the complexity of stage sets, etc.

All in all, a cute addition that looks like it's pleasing a good amount of folks who may have just walked on by before. Job well done.

Grotto123

It was wonderful to watch on video and can't wait to see it in person. Also I think it would be cool like the old show on how the did skits, if they had them do a show in each land, like explaining history evolving into the future.

Magic Feather

Figured I would give my personal opinions on the show(s). The Declaration Show, in my opinion, is the best thing to come out of MK entertainment (show wise) in a long time, second to only Hocus Pocus. The combination of the Muppets above Heritage, Sam atop the Hall of Presidents, and JJ on the ground directing the audience, all acting in an informative, yet zany muppety fashion really tied it together. The staging and script really brought this together. Now the Paul Revere one on the other hand... had hit or miss parts. The Muppet Show esque intro, Piggy, and the international tourist jokes were great. But the ending left something to be desired. It was muppet madness followed by Kermit whistling, the closing song, then Bam! It's over. The fact that they only used the three Windows for it, and didn't use JJ, or didn't put Sam in his perch really messed it up IMO. Oh well, just my two cents.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
He's making a joke about this being popular and Disney then adding some dining combo where you'd get a meal and a ticket for a FP viewing area of the show.

At least, sort of a joke...because given how nickel and dime Disney is with their $60 one hour magic mornings, etc. - it wouldn't surprise many of us.

Ehh. It would have been sort of funny if the subject wasn't a streetmosphere show.

Princess Leia

I think I prefer the Declaration to Paul Revere. There was a more cohesive story to the former.
Does anyone know if Revere was announced on the time schedule, or if it's being performed at random times?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom