News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Kman101

Oh my. It's like clockwork with the usuals coming out to "call out" the insiders. Sigh. Wash/rinse/repeat ....

Love this ride. Going to miss it. Glad they're finally doing a Mickey Mouse ride but it shouldn't be in the GMR. It's like WDW does everything they shouldn't do and ignore what they should do that makes sense. I'm so tired of the shoe-horning. And the DHS makeover has been a complete dud IMO. Nothing at all like the momentum DCA got from theirs. Big miss ...

Brer Oswald

That's not true. Marni and TheVisionarySoul are both liars and frauds! :mad:

Great Movie Ride is NOT being removed! Ignore them and their lies and propaganda, people! :mad:
As much as I love it, the Great Movie Ride is starting to feel dated, and for all we know it might not fit the future theme of the park. It's time for change. At least we still have a guaranteed 2 more years with it

Rodan75

I think Disney is treading carefully with Oswald, and I don't blame them. It's going to be tricky just figuring out how he fits in with the other characters, given his history. I'm content with their taking their time until they're confident with how to use him. I just hope they give him a different voice than the one he had in Epic Mickey II. I hated it. :p

Has he made it into any of the new Mickey Mouse Shorts? That seems like it would be the most logical place for them to reintroduce him to the masses.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As much as I love it, the Great Movie Ride is starting to feel dated, and for all we know it might not fit the future theme of the park. It's time for change. At least we still have a guaranteed 2 more years with it
It is feeling dated. Because it hasn't received a major update since 1989. Updating with new/different films and a different "plot" (to the extent one is needed), along with some new effects, would do the trick nicely.

As for the theme, GMR would fit any theme involving celebrating movies, Hollywood, or creativity. I have a hard time believing the park's theme will change so much that it wouldn't fit anymore.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Easy Phillip, before you lose another account....

Well, you're not Gaston, so....

Leave it to Kippel to throw shade and launch into a forum hating tirade (not limited to WDWMAGIC, the hate is spread everywhere). My timing for return was excellent as usual. At least the Country Bears will get extra love for as long as he doesn't get booted. I will venture to say, they probably don't want that kind of love or attention though.

*1023*

Magenta Panther

Has he made it into any of the new Mickey Mouse Shorts? That seems like it would be the most logical place for them to reintroduce him to the masses.

I've seen all of the new shorts and I don't think he's made an appearance in them, even as a cameo. But yeah, I agree, those shorts would be an ideal showcase for him. Especially since Mickey has his old retro look in them, so there'd be no stylistic clash between the characters. Since other vintage characters, like Ludwig Von Drake, have appeared in the shorts, maybe Oswald will eventually turn up. Here's hoping.

Brer Oswald

I've seen all of the new shorts and I don't think he's made an appearance in them, even as a cameo. But yeah, I agree, those shorts would be an ideal showcase for him. Especially since Mickey has his old retro look in them, so there'd be no stylistic clash between the characters. Since other vintage characters, like Ludwig Von Drake, have appeared in the shorts, maybe Oswald will eventually turn up. Here's hoping.
Yeah he hasn't made an appearance in any of them yet, but I'm still hopeful. :(

DinoInstitute

I hope some of the sets and animatronics get salvaged and repurposed in some form. A walk through exhibit would be cool though unlikely (Unless TCM wanted to pay for it :D).

Even just a restaurant though where you can eat in different rooms like Wizard of Oz, the Alien ship, Mary Poppins scene, and the Gangster room would be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom