Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

CaptainAmerica

How is a room full of arcade racer machines linked to each other futuristic? We had that in the local Chuck E Cheese thirty years ago.
Oh give me a break. You want to get picky? How are rocket ships or space stations futuristic? The International Space Station launched in 1998 and we landed on the moon twenty years before that. Are you going to launch a righteous crusade against Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter? Didn't think so.

A "room full of arcade racer machines" isn't futuristic until you enter the machine and become part of the computer code. Then the concept works. Likening Sugar Rush to Chuck E. Cheese is like saying there's nothing unique about Honey, I Shrunk The Kids because it's just a movie about a suburban backyard. You're kind of missing the entire point.

Phroobar

A "room full of arcade racer machines" isn't futuristic until you enter the machine and become part of the computer code. Then the concept works. Likening Sugar Rush to Chuck E. Cheese is like saying there's nothing unique about Honey, I Shrunk The Kids because it's just a movie about a suburban backyard. You're kind of missing the entire point.
How do you become part of computer code? This is a pretty lazy attempt at a new ride in a small building. If they really wanted to do something, they would build these arcade machines into a omnimover and give us some physical sets instead of just watching a screen as we play Mario Kart.

MUTZIE77

How would Sugar Rush not belong in Tomorrowland? It's a digital world where rogue programs wreak havoc on a technological system from within. It's Tron with a different paint job.
If you can't see it, you never will. With the way they stretch theme, you could make it fit in multiple MK lands and there is only one where it would actually fit.

CaptainAmerica

I would say no Tron doesnt fit, but it would fit better because it is a more futuristic IP than a Candyland mario kart attraction.
SMH. If you don't think Tron would fit in Tomorrowland, then you have zero credibility. Tron is the most-Tomorrowland-iest concept on the face of the earth and there's absolutely nothing about it that's more "futuristic" than Sugar Rush. You just can't see past the fact that it's blue and neon instead of rainbow colored.

Sugar Rush is not about a Candyland, it's about entering a digital video game world. The hero's defining characteristic is that she's a programming glitch. Wreck-it Ralph is a Disneyfied version of The Matrix.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

What? No they're not. "Fantasy" is a theme. "Frontier" is a theme. Pixar is a studio that has made ocean movies, toy movies, monster movies, space movies, superhero movies, dinosaur movies, cars movies, animal movies, and adventure movies.
Pixar is perfectly fine theme. It could easily work, you just don't seem to have the imagination to figure out how.

Bocabear

A sort of Toontown for Pixar characters would work fine.
Yes!! absolutely...and wouldn't this be better than a whole regurgitation of Toy Story Land? More varied, more interesting, and not just the same old giant christmas lights and fiberglass toy props we have seen elsewhere...

CaptainAmerica

Its image could possibly clash with the land. And the hub.

Depending which exterior design they go with.
No doubt. But as I've said before, I see a big difference between criticizing a concept and criticizing the execution. Frozen in Norway is a dubious concept but excellent execution. Nemo in The Seas is a fine concept but poor execution. I think Sugar Rush can fit thematically in Tomorrowland, but that doesn't mean it will fit depending on the creative decisions they make along the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom