Sum of All Thrills Closing?

MagicHappens1971

When I went last (before the blackouts) it was 45 minutes and I didn't wanna wait. I'm seriously regretting that now because my next trip isn't till October :(

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sum of all Thrills should be made into its own full-fledged, full-capacity attraction. It should have 20 arms and be placed in, say, the former WoL building.

Yes it SHOULD I'd say though you are about 30 arms short, This is an AMAZING attraction, You could even do a Star Wars version piloting your choice of Tie Fighter, Imperial Shuttle , X or Y wing or the Falcon or for the faint of heart perhaps a Cessna 185 into MCO or a Robinson R-22 over the 'Glades

But Disney is too cheap and shortsighted to do something like this.

The Empress Lilly

Yes it SHOULD I'd say though you are about 30 arms short, This is an AMAZING attraction, You could even do a Star Wars version piloting your choice of Tie Fighter, Imperial Shuttle , X or Y wing or the Falcon or for the faint of heart perhaps a Cessna 185 into MCO or a Robinson R-22 over the 'Glades

But Disney is too cheap and shortsighted to do something like this.
ford for head Imagineer!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
ford for head Imagineer!

Don't know about that, I'm just a simple (well perhaps not so simple) engineer and I can see these applications as blindingly obvious I've always been amazed that Disney has not seen them as well. With this ride system all these experiences are merely software no custom hardware required and a ride system like this would be easily clonable and scalable.

parkhopper1213

Johnguelff

Wait wait wait... I get to WDW on the 14th of September. Is that its last day, or the 13th?? In all my years I never knew this was even there.

The_Jobu

SoaT is excellent, but it's also extremely low capacity.

That is certainly true. I had read about it before our vacation this summer so we headed straight for it at park open. My family wondered why I was in such a hurry to get onto a ride tucked away indoors with no line-up. By the time we got off the lineup was snaking back through the pavilion.

mgpan

This is so crazy. Eventually we won't even recognize Future World. So much is going to change...I feel.
I hope so, and i hope there will be a great new nighttime parade at MK, that ROL will begin eventually now that Jungle Book is ending, etc.etc. Just doesn't make me feel any better for my October trip since it's things closing and nothing new opening in that timeframe. I seem to be having to take a wait and see attitude for quite a few things with WDW lately, after i'd already postponed this visit for a couple years waiting on things that still haven't happened.

doctornick

I enjoyed both attractions, but Sum of All Thrills is beyond excellent. In my very honest opinion, it's a better attraction than Mission Space. I was very pleasantly surprised when it first opened.

Yep. It's a hidden gem. Really sad to see it go -- I'd have preferred to see it expanded to have the capacity needed to be an attraction they actually publicized. It was ironically probably the best "recent" addition to Epcot that embraced the edutainment of classic Epcot while still trying to appeal to the masses and be "fun".

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I did get to ride Sum of all Thrills for the last time in July... It will be truly missed! It was a legit awesome experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom