Sum of All Thrills Closing?

tissandtully

Serious question on this thread, @wdwmagic or @marni1971, what happens to the Kuka arms when this attraction closes? Does it stay with WDW or does Raytheon get a say as to what happens? Would be pretty cool in another attraction, or maybe they'll just sell them to Uni at halfprice :)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This is really depressing.. Mostly cuz I was looking forward to riding this in July for my senior trip with my friends.

Like I've said before.. I personally believe that Innoventions should have just closed and the entire building used as a stand-alone attraction for Sum of all Thrills. It would work extremely well as its own attraction. And the building seems to be a decent size for its own sum of all thrills ride.. It's a very neat experience, and has proven to be very popular despite not many people even knowing that it exists.

They could drastically increase the capacity, make a real impressive new pre show/queue, and include a brand new fastpass+ option for the park.

Next Big Thing

Mission Space is sadly one of those that just turned into a nightmare, and something the company would rather forget. It was plagued with construction and contractor issues, lots of guest experience issues, and it just didn't deliver what they hoped it would. The roll out of the ride to other parks was abandoned, and with all that being said, I don't see them making any changes to it. Look how long it took to get a new Star tours movie with all the material they could use and the stories popularity. Mission Space has none of that going for it.
They honestly could radically change it by getting Matt Damon and Ridley Scott on-board for a The Martian re-theme. That's an IP that I think could easily be integrated into FW and actually fit.

Won't happen though.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are the sponsors not renewing or is Disney not wanting to bring them back? It feels like at this point, they'll just let every contract expire and then do something else with the Inno East building.
I think in many cases they are fixed length contracts, and a lot changes in the years following the signing, both financially, and with people involved. I would be really surprised if Disney was not trying to renew them, they clearly are still trying to populate Innoventions, with the recent opening of Colortopia as evidence.

Next Big Thing

I think in many cases they are fixed length contracts, and a lot changes in the years following the signing, both financially, and with people involved. I would be really surprised if Disney was not trying to renew them, they clearly are still trying to populate Innoventions, with the recent opening of Colortopia as evidence.
They need a lot more than Storm Struck and Colortopia in there though.

gmajew

Premium Member

I agree I think they are trying I think companies are just not seeing the return they used to or even what they hoped for in sponsoring anything. The world has changed and it is much cheaper for a company to sponsor an add on social media with some cool content then building or being part of anything like this.

doctornick

Very true. If that coaster were to open in WDW it would be absolutely panned by critics. But as always, when things open overseas - the grass is always greener and all.

Yeah, the coaster seems okay but nothing special. It could have been farm more interesting with two interacting tracks (think Dragon Challenge) with one blue and one yellow with some "wall" effect being left behind by the opposing vehicle.

As is for SDL, it looks more like a nice weeny for the folks in that land that a great ride on its own.

doctornick

Japan needs something... that whole side of WS needs something. Only Canada has a movie. Definitely lopsided in it's offerings.

Exactly. Putting a ride in Japan or France would make a huge difference for WS and Epcot in general. It seems that Disney isn't thinking that way though, which is unfortunate. Would help with the groups that have different people who want to do different things -- so some can ride while others shop/drink but still be in the same general area.

The Mighty Tim

Sum of All Fears closing? That's a shame. I rode it for the first time on my last trip (actually rode it twice) and I really enjoyed it.

Oh well.

ProfSavage

Yeah, the coaster seems okay but nothing special. It could have been farm more interesting with two interacting tracks (think Dragon Challenge) with one blue and one yellow with some "wall" effect being left behind by the opposing vehicle.

As is for SDL, it looks more like a nice weeny for the folks in that land that a great ride on its own.

I mean, it doesn't even need to be a boat/dark ride. A CoP/Meet the World style show for Japan/France/UK on that side, that would have awesome AAs and a clever show. Just something other than 3 360 Circlevision films. Or, at the very least, so Circlevision like Timekeeper with some AAs and effects.

I'm not asking for much, but give us something. And we still need another country. Preferably an indoor pavilion with perpetual twilight like Mexico. Give WS some balance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom