Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Siren

Do we know how much later DHS's version will open after DLR's? the way I see it, DLR's will be like a soft opening to DHS's, in which they can learn more and work out the kinks of operation. This may or may not be helpful, but it seems like the Orlando version will be just a little bit shinier than Anaheim's. Their space mountain is much nicer and thought out after they saw the MK one. Just saying, IMO, a later opening date may suggest a superior land.
Hi @wgransone! I think it will take 18 - 24 months.
Especially, with all the inclement weather that Orlando receives. Hurricane season should be at its peak soon, so that's bound to slow things down substantially as opposed to Anaheim.

Then, with Toy Story Land and Avatar Land slated to open first -- there is really no incentive or benefit for Disney to fast track Star Wars Land at DHS, IMO. Unless, Universal hits hard with Nintendoland or something else major.

And yeah, I suppose my little Space Mountain comparison wasn't the best example. Maybe, the defective Pirates boats sent from Anaheim would have been better. LOL. Just kidding!

Anyway, thank you @wgransone. Your opinion is *very* helpful to me. I totally love bling and anything that sparkles, so I am thrilled that you think DHS's Star Wars Land will be just a tad shinier. Yay!

I just can't believe how everyone across the board is so positive about this -- which is super rare. Now, I am excited again, too -- and have put my concerns to rest for good.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

LOL. That is a nice avatar. I've never been to Disneyland Paris before, it's on my bucket list though. The Ratatouille ride looks so amazing! And yes, I am that person who wouldn't mind a clone in the France Pavilion!

Anyway, I totally agree with your post and I'm glad you're so optimistic, too. It really is the way to go with projects like this. So, I am just going to have fun watching everything progress with both Star Wars Lands.

Wow! That's great news. Taller is definitely better! Just like Cinderella's castle, lol.

tumblr_inline_oa7jrwinTk1u8exuo_1280.jpg

Hi @NormC! Thanks, you are totally right. I didn't realize just how high the rocks were above the water. They're like mountains -- the rock work is gorgeous. And, I'm still curious about that mysterious boat design, though. It really does look like the Mike Fink keelboat.
I don't think that boat will have anything to do with Star Wars. You shouldn't even be able to see into Star Wars Land from the Rivers of America, as shown in this concept art:
1-16-wdi-9001-full.jpg

Daveeeeed

But no one is suggesting they will open at the same time.
I didn't mean at the exact same time, but closer together. I doubt Star Wars Land on HWS expected to open in 2021. I highly doubt that they would announce them at the same time if they weren't opening closeR together, I don't know for sure, but everyone has been implying just a few months difference and all this sudden it is years, Was that source you mentioned earlier credible? I think a year would be the absolute maximum.

djkidkaz

I think it makes some business sense to have DL open first as it will give them a huge boost in attendance and guest spending from people who can't wait and fly in to see it who would normally not go to DL.

ToTBellHop

I don't know. I'm just saying what I've recently heard. Maybe we're both wrong!
With Disney delays, it will probably be somewhere in between. I just can't fathom it taking until late 2020 in FL. 4 1/2 years build time is absurd even by Disney standards. My understanding is they want the unannounced E ticket for DHS to open by 2021 too. There are only so many years available for openings assuming they want to stagger for marketing.

FWIW I've heard late 2019 for us too. I remember hearing an ambitious Dec. '18 goal for DHS but can't believe that's feasible.

No Name

Do we anticipate both rides for SWL requiring 3D glasses?

While I know that 3D can make a ride better, I am hoping the answer is no. I was glad that Universal decided not to make Forbiden Journey 3D, because the ride doesn't need it. It's a nice variation from the so many other 3D rides. But, much to my dismay, they made Hollywood's and Japan's versions 3D. I think that was an unneccessary change and shows a true problem in their thinking, but that's a whole 'nother topic.

From all of the evidence and details we've heard, I imagine that both rides will use 3D. But I would like to be wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom