So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I see what you're saying and glad you agree, but for the record I've already seen people going crazy over Gravity Falls:DI am just getting into the Harry Potter books, but before that I've known about Harry Potter since I was just a little kid like 4 or 5. Most people don't know about Gravity Falls good or bad. It just seems far more likely for Disney to use something that is currently still relevant, and Gravity Falls isn't anymore considering it's canceled. It just doesn't have the staying power of a movie like The Little Mermaid. An adventure, or a Cticket is possible but for even a D that seems farfetched in my mind. Glad you like it

I can tell you it absolutely is NOT Gravity Falls.
I know that it will propbably never happen and I've stated that multiple times. I was simply suggesting that it would be a cool idea.

SteamboatJoe

Indiana Jones seems like the most obvious choice for so many reasons and I would be perfectly happy with it. The first 3 movies are some of my all-time favorite films.

I honestly wouldn't want another Pixar product. Monsters, while OK, just doesn't do it for me and I think Cars should be a California exclusive.

I've read elsewhere it won't be any Marvel properties currently tied up with Universal so they are out. Plus, I honestly think Marvel could support its own park.

Someone threw out in another thread LOTR even though JRR and his son were/are not apparently huge Disney fans. While acquiring such rights would be a real long shot, LOTR would be a pretty big get for Disney. However, there are 2 problems I see with this franchise though, 1) the primary source material is all used up so any new material would have to be spin offs (a la Star Wars Rogue One) which could be a hard sell to the core Tolkien fan base; and 2) LOTR and The Hobbit could also come close to supporting an entire park on its own.

CinematicFusion

Thought I would throw this blast from the past in. Who saw this? Freaked me out as a kid.
open-uri20150422-12561-1no1yzh_dca77882.jpeg

Ismael Flores

You guys are not thinking big enough. They are going to revive National Treasures rumor has it that a new movie would be in production by 2017.
a whole land dedicated to Indiana jones and Benjamin Gates would be built next to the old stunt show

;-)

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep. Wonder why they always seem willing to open the flood-gates on funding in the summer. Happy that the park will get a non-thrill E. It's sorely needed to balance out the park.
The whole funding sourcing recently has been odd. Nothing. Then everything. Then some with cuts. Then more cuts. Then more back in but not where the cuts were.

Timing wise this will possibly end up as a phase two B anyway.

odmichael

The whole funding sourcing recently has been odd. Nothing. Then everything. Then some with cuts. Then more cuts. Then more back in but not where the cuts were.

Don't worry. I'm sure there will be more cuts before ground breaks ;)

clemmo

Would make sense as it could hopefully help take some pressure of SWL if they open around some time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom