So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

Daveeeeed

I'd do Big Hero 6 and Inside Out for Epcot, Indiana Jones and Monsters Inc. for Hollywood Studios, and Zootopia and Gravity Falls for Animal Kingdom.
I wouldn't put money on any tv show even for HWS. Dinoland, Zootopia, The Jungle Book, or a new continent would be the four contenders in my mind.
I would hope that Dinoland would be first, then Zootopia would be first for a new land and The Jungle Book could get a ride in Asia. Maybe in the future, a continent like Australia, or South America could work. But these are looking far into the future.

We still have Pandora, Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, Guardians takeover of Energy, possibly an Imagination redo, Mission:Space update, HWS Phase 3, and maybe a Tomorrowland/Frontierland expansion before anything major happens to AK again.

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn't put money on any tv show.
The thing is though, Gravity Falls has the thing that made Harry Potter World a hit, a fandom. There are sites filled with tens of thousands of fans who barf would money all over a chance to visit that town. Don't believe me? Go to reddit, 4chan, tumblr, ifunny or any other site like that and you will see. It would definitley be worth the money, but sadly Disney doesn't know that.

Daveeeeed

The thing is though, Gravity Falls has the thing that made Harry Potter World a hit, a fandom. There are sites filled with tens of thousands of fans who barf would money all over a chance to visit that town. Don't believe me? Go to reddit, 4chan, tumblr, ifunny or any other site like that and you will see. It would definitley be worth the money, but sadly Disney doesn't know that.
Trust me they know that it has a fanbase, but the audience is not as high as something animated like the Simpsons or nowhere near as known as it either. It definiteley won't ever get a land especially that is is canceled, but even for a ride Disney's money is much better put elsewhere. The Harry Potter Franchise is worth billions and has a fan base that makes Gravity Falls look like a peanut. It couldn't get an e, it would have to be a d or lower, but why do we really want more ips in AK? Either way Ak would benefit more from making Dinoland a great land than add a new ride elsewhere.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Trust me they know that it has a fanbase, but the audience is not as high as something animated like the Simpsons or nowhere near as known as it either. It definiteley won't ever get a land especially that is is canceled, but even for a ride Disney's money is much better put elsewhere. The Harry Potter Franchise is worth billions and has a fan base that makes Gravity Falls look like a peanut. It couldn't get an e, it would have to be a d or lower, but why do we really want more ips in AK? Either way Ak would benefit more from making Dinoland a great land than add a new ride elsewhere.
Seeing as to how quickly you responded to my post, you probably didn't actually go to the sites I recomended to get an idea of the scope of the fandom. Comparing HP to GF in fandom size, HP would be a medium/large sized dog while GF would be a medium/large cat, and not a peanut. I realize that it likely isn't going to happen, some guy just asked me my opinion on the matter of IPs, which I provided, you suggested it would be a bad decision financially, and I contested. I also realize that AK would benefit from a revamped Dinoland, but why not both? Having both and more wouldn't hurt the park, it would help it. Again, it's probably not gonna happen. I'm just suggesting ideas. I loved your other AK expansion ideas though!

Princess Leia

I can see a high concept Indy area coming. I think that fan base would last longer too. They could keep a show (change it from how they make the stunts to an actual show?) and add a ride (I'd love to see an Indy boat ride) that would be unique to the park, instead of something that another park already has (Anaheim, Tokyo, or Paris, even though Paris's version doesn't even have Indy included on his own ride).

chiefs11

Seeing as to how quickly you responded to my post, you probably didn't actually go to the sites I recomended to get an idea of the scope of the fandom. Comparing HP to GF in fandom size, HP would be a medium/large sized dog while GF would be a medium/large cat, and not a peanut. I realize that it likely isn't going to happen, some guy just asked me my opinion on the matter of IPs, which I provided, you suggested it would be a bad decision financially, and I contested. I also realize that AK would benefit from a revamped Dinoland, but why not both? Having both and more wouldn't hurt the park, it would help it. Again, it's probably not gonna happen. I'm just suggesting ideas. I loved your other AK expansion ideas though!
Until I few minutes ago when I googled it, I had no idea what Gravity Falls even was. I've seen it mentioned on these forums a few times before but otherwise I'd never even heard of it.

Regarding Harry Potter, I've never read any of those books... I finally watched the first movie before going to Universal a few years ago, just so I'd have a better idea of what to expect. But even before that, I was pretty aware of what Harry Potter was, so I'd say it is definitely more 'mainstream'.

Anyway, given that Gravity Falls is a tv show that according to wikipedia only had two seasons so far, I just can't seeing it getting a ride or land in AK. But then again, what do I know...I still haven't even seen Avatar yet. (Am I the only one?)

SCOTLORR

What is Gravity Falls?

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Until I few minutes ago when I googled it, I had no idea what Gravity Falls even was. I've seen it mentioned on these forums a few times before but otherwise I'd never even heard of it.

Regarding Harry Potter, I've never read any of those books... I finally watched the first movie before going to Universal a few years ago, just so I'd have a better idea of what to expect. But even before that, I was pretty aware of what Harry Potter was, so I'd say it is definitely more 'mainstream'.

Anyway, given that Gravity Falls is a tv show that according to wikipedia only had two seasons so far, I just can't seeing it getting a ride or land in AK. But then again, what do I know...I still haven't even seen Avatar yet. (Am I the only one?)
Gravity Falls is an AMAZING tv show that pretty much revolutionized modern cartoons, along with the likes of shows like Steven Universe and Over The Garden Wall. Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean others haven't, and millions have. Over 2 million people tuned into the premeier of season 2b. If any of you on these forums haven't watched it, I would definitley reccomend it. It's fun for the whole family while throwing in some more adult jokes and adult themes like poverty, love, and social acceptance. Be sure to watch the episodes in the order they were released though, because they follow continuity.

SCOTLORR

I always thought some type of interactive virtual ride featuring phineas and ferb would be cool. Like every time you ride it you get phineas and ferb building something new, while candace tries and ultimately fails to bust them. just spitballin here.

doctornick

Gravity Falls is a great show and has a devoted following, but yeah its a small following and it is certainly not a mainstream property. I also doubt it sells any appreciate level of merchandise and now the show has ended its run. At best, it might get a small scale attraction in the parks (thinking something more like Agent P adventure), but even that would be very unlikely.

Among the TV shows, if Phineas and Ferb didn't get a permanent attraction, it's unlikely any of the other niche shows on Disney Channel/XD will (I've seen calls here recently not only for Gravity Falls, but also Wonder over Yonder and Star vs the Forces of Evil).

Phroobar

Disney is missing a golden opportunity by not having a Disney Channel land!! The main attraction would be the Liv & Maddie dark ride! Who doesn't want to be scarred for life by Dove Cameron's voice? The Jessie ride where you ride a large lizard and wonder where these bratty children's parents are. Don't forget the sentimental ride through the mind of a fourteen year old girl as she copes with the world on the Girl Meets World boat ride. There could a meet & greets with the dog from Dog with a Blog!!!

Daveeeeed

I can see a high concept Indy area coming. I think that fan base would last longer too. They could keep a show (change it from how they make the stunts to an actual show?) and add a ride (I'd love to see an Indy boat ride) that would be unique to the park, instead of something that another park already has (Anaheim, Tokyo, or Paris, even though Paris's version doesn't even have Indy included on his own ride).
That's actually a really cool idea. The boat could be like Shanghai's Pirates except with more motion like an emv. Could use some cool new tech.

Daveeeeed

I see what you're saying and glad you agree, but for the record I've already seen people going crazy over Gravity Falls:DI am just getting into the Harry Potter books, but before that I've known about Harry Potter since I was just a little kid like 4 or 5. Most people don't know about Gravity Falls good or bad. It just seems far more likely for Disney to use something that is currently still relevant, and Gravity Falls isn't anymore considering it's canceled. It just doesn't have the staying power of a movie like The Little Mermaid. An adventure, or a Cticket is possible but for even a D that seems farfetched in my mind. Glad you like it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom