Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

ABQ

Great film @marni1971 , though that's no surprise when it comes to your videos. Top notch as always. One question, what's the latest on ALF usage. I should probably scour this thread, but is it just a select few shells using it now? Some are using it, right?

michmousefan

Thanks all :)

ALF is again used for the first three shells. As always it is not 100% reliable due to electronics being involved.
Great work, as always. The long lens stuff on the inferno barge and the globe are really nice to see. Always a challenge in making a video about a show like ROE - "How should I shoot it this time?"

brb1006

Is there any videos of the 30 minute preshow before the show starts? The preshow music is fun to lesson to and seeing the flames move in synth to each song.

WDW Monorail

Thanks all :)

ALF is again used for the first three shells. As always it is not 100% reliable due to electronics being involved.

The MagicFire chips have been awful for quite a few years. Sometimes the comet doesn't light, sometimes a single shell doesn't break, sometimes both shells don't break. I think it costs too much to send a $2 comet and a couple of $5 shells in the air but someone else doesn't seem to think so which is why the sequence keeps returning.

mikeymouse

Since when do they test/run the fountains during the day? I've never seen that! It looks nice! They could run a little lagoon Fountain show in the evening before ROE or whatever comes after ROE....anything new on that?

Yeah I thought that was odd but they also test the fountains again (I think) at the 5 minute warning. Must be some issue with them or some new element. I barely even notice the fountains during the show. Too busy looking at everything else.

WDW Monorail

Yeah I thought that was odd but they also test the fountains again (I think) at the 5 minute warning. Must be some issue with them or some new element. I barely even notice the fountains during the show. Too busy looking at everything else.

The fountains and a lighting sequence turn on for the 5 minute announcement as an added effect.

Also to note is that the torches have been turning on at the very beginning of the pre-show now. A change from the 15 minute mark which had been done for a few years.

ABQ

Is there any videos of the 30 minute preshow before the show starts? The preshow music is fun to lesson to and seeing the flames move in synth to each song.
There are many, at least one in this thread a couple pages ago, I believe. However, if you've got an hour to spare, this one is pretty interesting. As the ambient sound in a way gives more of the being there experience rather than just the soundtrack in a studio recording.
btw, there's some misinformation in that video in terms of the little factoids that come up in text throughout.

COProgressFan

Also to note is that the torches have been turning on at the very beginning of the pre-show now. A change from the 15 minute mark which had been done for a few years.

So you're saying the torches turn on approximately 30 minutes before the show now? (around 8:30?) If so, I'm excited to hear this. This used to be the case many years ago but was cut to save costs. The torches provide such a beautiful ambiance to World Showcase.

mikeymouse

The fountains and a lighting sequence turn on for the 5 minute announcement as an added effect.

Cool. I did recognize the torches ran for 30 minutes but wasn't sure if that was new. It was nutso last night. All parks closed early, so everyone came to Epcot. Bus depot was packed, trams and parking lots were almost empty.

Last edited:

WDW Monorail

These are a new type.

Yea the manufacturer was in financial trouble around the time Disney stopped ordering the product.

In the past, a single chip was used to ignite the 2 stacked shells externally. Do you know if a single chip is still used or have they been using 2 chips?

hpyhnt 1000

Great news. It had been at 15 mins for many years previously (and for a while I think it was only 5 mins when oil prices were through the roof).

I noticed last year that the torches remained on through the Tapestry of Nations theme whereas they used to turn off after Promise. With this most recent change, that means torches are lit for 30 mins before and after the show - which is excellent.

@marni1971 - thanks for the video, great as always! Can you offer a hint at more (if any) improvements we might see in 2016?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom