Adventureland Smoking Section Removed

Disney4family

I, too, am glad they removed the Adventureland one. It was disgusting to try and enjoy a Dole Whip Float while inhaling smoke. It is a tight area.
The Tomorrowland spot was probably okay before they moved the Face Painting over there. Face Painting was originally in ToonTown Fair on the right as soon as you walked in the area. Since the theming has changed, they moved it by the restrooms (and the smoking section) in Tomorrowland. I think it became an issue to have little ones getting their faces painted while inhaling smoke.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I, too, am glad they removed the Adventureland one. It was disgusting to try and enjoy a Dole Whip Float while inhaling smoke. It is a tight area.
The Tomorrowland spot was probably okay before they moved the Face Painting over there. Face Painting was originally in ToonTown Fair on the right as soon as you walked in the area. Since the theming has changed, they moved it by the restrooms (and the smoking section) in Tomorrowland. I think it became an issue to have little ones getting their faces painted while inhaling smoke.

Also a smoker... all personal opinion... also glad to see the Adventureland area closed. It's worth remembering a little history, though....

That Adventureland location opened when WDW got rid of TWO larger, and more secluded areas - one just inside Adventureland, on a loop OUT of main traffic, and a second in the (now) "Tiana" area. The area inside the park, close to Main Gate, and the one just down from the "Noodle Factory" were also closed. The really BAD one (even to me) on the main path from the Castle, was also closed.

So - responsible people TRIED to stick to what was designated, and still available. As a consequence? that Adventureland designated smoking area started to look like a clown car - MASSES of people jammed in. Really, this just aggravated everything by packing a BUNCH of smokers into a tiny, fairly PUBLIC area.

Again - all opinion.... outright dumping two more locations is a bad move. Anyone that smokes may STILL comply with the rules - barely. A BETTER way to get people to comply, and to accommodate everyone (US and non US) would be to have SOMETHING AVAILABLE THAT ALLOWS THEM TO COMPLY., as opposed to seeking one of two areas on opposite ends of the MK, or to go through "Security" multiple times per day (as in - leave the park, come right back in, and aggravate an already overloaded front gate security).

So where would those places be? One suggestion - the unused (during the day) Main Street Bypass - just inside it's Main Street, and "Close to Tommorowland" entrances. Another? Just North of the Carousel, carved out as a niche to keep smoke OUT of any main traffic areas. Just suggestions - but they are offered to actually SOLVE any perceived problem, and ALLOW people to comply before they resort to finding their own solution(s).

Wikkler

What's worse? A smoking section in a far-off corner where most people aren't going to go, or the smell of the Speedway when you walk along the path that goes from Mad Tea Party to Tomorrowland? I'm going with the Speedway.
So where would those places be? One suggestion - the unused (during the day) Main Street Bypass - just inside it's Main Street, and "Close to Tommorowland" entrances. Another? Just North of the Carousel, carved out as a niche to keep smoke OUT of any main traffic areas. Just suggestions - but they are offered to actually SOLVE any perceived problem, and ALLOW people to comply before they resort to finding their own solution(s).
The bypass areas should be closed when the bypass opens. I don't actually have a problem with having a non-full hours smoking area (I don't smoke, but most other people I know do). Just north of the Carousel would be too "in-the-way", though.

ArielLover

Also a smoker... all personal opinion... also glad to see the Adventureland area closed. It's worth remembering a little history, though....

That Adventureland location opened when WDW got rid of TWO larger, and more secluded areas - one just inside Adventureland, on a loop OUT of main traffic, and a second in the (now) "Tiana" area. The area inside the park, close to Main Gate, and the one just down from the "Noodle Factory" were also closed. The really BAD one (even to me) on the main path from the Castle, was also closed.

So - responsible people TRIED to stick to what was designated, and still available. As a consequence? that Adventureland designated smoking area started to look like a clown car - MASSES of people jammed in. Really, this just aggravated everything by packing a BUNCH of smokers into a tiny, fairly PUBLIC area.

Again - all opinion.... outright dumping two more locations is a bad move. Anyone that smokes may STILL comply with the rules - barely. A BETTER way to get people to comply, and to accommodate everyone (US and non US) would be to have SOMETHING AVAILABLE THAT ALLOWS THEM TO COMPLY., as opposed to seeking one of two areas on opposite ends of the MK, or to go through "Security" multiple times per day (as in - leave the park, come right back in, and aggravate an already overloaded front gate security).

Who do you think who are offering a calm well thought out option to the problem? Can't you see that people that want to ban it are correct or the people that expect a free for all are correct? There cannot and will not be any sensible middle ground here !!!! :facepalm:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ban the fireworks the deadly toxic fumes could kill the children. These irresponsible parents subjecting their offspring to deadly particulates, especially if its rainy and the moisture forces the plumes downwards, Epcot on a wet night must be the equivalent of a lifetime 40 a day habit.
And the railway, I can smell the oil from the trains, thats a carcinogen when heated or something.

rael ramone

Having the smoking area outside the gates, which can be a bottleneck as it is with the security checks?....

Is it possible to develop a ventilation system at the smoking sections to get the smoke up and away from their kids who are forced to breathe all that in?

DisneyDebRob

If people wanna suck on cancer sticks, that's their business, but I want it to be as far out of my way as possible. Unfortunately you still have to deal with the odor of the smokers themselves. Clothes and breath like a burning dumpster fire. To clarify, not saying smokers are bad people or anything, but if there is something that can fully mask that smell I've yet to encounter it.
I am very allergic to all perfumes. Maybe we can have lines where people that don't wear smelly stuff can go and wait for rides. After all it sticks to the clothes and you can smell it a mile away.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I am very allergic to all perfumes. Maybe we can have lines where people that don't wear smelly stuff can go and wait for rides. After all it sticks to the clothes and you can smell it a mile away.

I am sorry that perfumes cause that reaction for you but they do not bother the majority of the public. But smoking is something that is detrimental to the health of EVERYONE in the park.

Nick Pappagiorgio

Having the smoking area outside the gates, which can be a bottleneck as it is with the security checks?....

Is it possible to develop a ventilation system at the smoking sections to get the smoke up and away from their kids who are forced to breathe all that in?

I have seen those, but I do not think they would be scalable for the size that Disney would need. Usually they are bus stop sized and can not hold more that 4-5 people.

DisneyDebRob

I am sorry that perfumes cause that reaction for you but they do not bother the majority of the public. But smoking is something that is detrimental to the health of EVERYONE in the park.
So do I get a front of the line pass? Things effect people. Depends on what side of the fence you believe in.
I put the perfume part in because I'm sure I'm not the only one. And it was a example. I deal with it. I'm a non smoker and smell way more citrus and bad combinations of scents much more then smoke.

Nick Pappagiorgio

So do I get a front of the line pass? Things effect people. Depends on what side of the fence you believe in.
I put the perfume part in because I'm sure I'm not the only one. And it was a example. I deal with it. I'm a non smoker and smell way more citrus and bad combinations of scents much more then smoke.

I wouldn't object to a pass for you, I am sorry you have to deal with that. My point was that you can not compare an allergy that impacts a small percentage of guests with smoking, which is harmful to every man, woman, child, and anthropomorphic mouse in the park.

DisneyDebRob

I wouldn't object to a pass for you, I am sorry you have to deal with that. My point was that you can not compare an allergy that impacts a small percentage of guests with smoking, which is harmful to every man, woman, child, and anthropomorphic mouse in the park.
I understand your point, really I do. I don't need a pass, they are for people that really need them.
Guess my whole point is that, in Disney, and everywhere anymore, rights are being taken away. People don't care, UNLESS it effects them. Smokers have a right to smoke. Non smokers have a right not to be around the smoke. The solution? Out of the way spots for smokers. There's plenty of them. They can smoke, you can breathe.
I said before, I Vape. There's is no harm in the Vape to anyone but I am relegated to the smoking areas. Why? People see the vape, assume it's smoke and go nuts. I don't want to be in the area with the smokers because I quit a year ago and I'm loving it. But I go, that's the rules. Until smoking is totally banned, find out of the way spots for them and everyone's happy.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Nope. Neither is understanding that "self entitled" in this case would be the folk still lighting up where they're not allowed to do so.

One of the worst is the passage through the shrubs to the parking lot at Kidani, If you dont smoke you are gonna die when you go through there because all the smokers are lighting up in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom