Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

dstrawn9889

I remember riding Maelstrom with my brother and cousins when I was eight, we rode it literally dozens of times one day. They would let us into that passageway back to the boarding area I believe as there was basically not a wait. In the years since I rode it at least once or twice every year, but it really wasn't that good of a ride, fun to ride it over and over again of course, but still lacked. Not worth anything over a 20 minute wait in my mind, so even though I have fantastic memories riding this, I'm pretty sure Frozen is going to be a significant improvement. Let's just hope they've increased capacity in some way.
thats the rub; the only way to increase capacity is to speed up the flume...

PorterRedkey

I'll say it. Cute ride. Nice mix of media. Some nice effects. Pretty eye candy.

Just wrong place.
That is exactly what I thought it would be. Nice, but misplaced.

It just seems like a wasted opportunity, especially when Disneyland is rumored to get a Frozen ride that is not shoehorned into an existing building/ride.

Goofyernmost

Good grief! First RoL doesn't work as intended and now "reliability issues" with FEA. WDI is not having a good year so far on new attractions.
What do you expect. They haven't had any new attractions in ages so no one knows how to make them work anymore. They had to delay the Mine Train didn't they in the beginning? That said, I'm sure that they will work out the problems and be running soon, it's really nothing more then a water ride. With the exception of load, unload and the hairpin turn, there aren't really a lot of moving parts. Just big water pumps.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ugh. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the 6/17 Soft Open has been cancelled/delayed due to reliability issues :(. The Sommerhus / M&G should still soft open on Friday though. Right now the earliest I would expect to see a Soft Open is on Monday, but at this point I think the most likely scenario (barring a small miracle) would be that it will open on 6/21 with no soft open, which will likely be somewhat of an operational nightmare.

Any truth to the rumor that they will be opening a temporary Jungle Book attraction in the pavilion soon? ;)

JassiSidhu2000

Hope this is the world class e-ticket attraction the entire world has been waiting for. Over a hundred million dollar budget, 2 + years construction, to one of the highest grossing movies of all time - this is going to be a game changer for the entire theme park industry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom