News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

clemmo

If something good is announced for Epcot at D23 I would be so happy. First time attending and I get THAT thrown at me? SCORE!!! :D
When do tickets go on sale (or are they already) as I was thinking about heading out to see that and DL for first trip out there since we went in the middle of the massive DCA renovation.

Matt_Black

My point on "Get a Horse" was more to the content itself. It's almost made to be viewed in a theater with all the gags it has and I liked having that experience again. I do agree though that a new 3D movie specific to the park needs to be put in there.

Absolutely agreed on that point. Especially given the theater- when the water leaks through the movie screen, that's a perfect time to spritz the audience.

Progress.City

I hope they get a bit more than 350M but thats probably just being a little greedy. Im not sure 350M can cover the massive renovation of all of FW it'll cover probably 2 or 3 pavilions but besides that theres still some work with innovations and a general beautifying and landscaping of the area. Still though if our insiders are impressed by the scale than maybe i'll be surprised
Don't forget that Soaring is a separate project, so that's s bump right there.

Alejandro

I recently saw Tom Fitzgerald and another Imagineer walking around Future World pointing out different locations and what appeared to be discussions about making changes. Obviously there was talk a few months ago about Epcot getting an influx of cash that had been approved by the board of directors. Just found it interesting and hopefully we'll hear something in the near future about updates coming to EPCOT.
Here's hoping we get an Energy refurb, a new descent in Spaceship Earth and more interactive exhibits in Comunicore, but it'll likely Cranium Control resurrected with Inside Out, Olaf taking over the Land or Guardians Of The Galaxy taking over Energy, because Groot is a tree as big as a T-Rex.

Alejandro

Actually, what would fit well into this that could harken our future?
Maybe "Elevator to space" with something like POTC Shanghai, where they use elevators, screens, sets and AA's, you end up in a replica of the ISS, looking at the experiments scientists are carrying out.
How about a "Hogwarts" type train, but Hyperloop-based to take you from Spaceship Earth to World Showcase?
I do like the idea of educating people on climate change using UoE, and switching Imagination! to something like the Hong Kong Manor.
The Land could focus, instead of GMO's, to organic production, recycling, saving water.
I just want science back in EPCOT.

jhendrix

Get Elon Musk to build a Hyperloop straight from Mission Space at Epcot to his SpaceX facility at Cape Canaveral.

Make it an upcharge in Epcot, where you can literally zip on over to NASA in 20 minutes (quicker than taking a bus from any resort on Disney property to Epcot itself) and explore the facility there.

THAT would be the future.

brb1006

Make it like The Hong Kong Manor ride! Just replace Monkey with Figment.
And replace Lord Henry Mystic with Dreamfinder

If a modern version based on the original was created along with bringing back Dreamfinder and Figment. It might look like this picture I found on a blog called "EpcotLegacy" and would be a perfect attraction at Walt Disney World to use the trackless vehicle system which should be a first for any US Theme Park.
Sparkcatcher-WIDE.png

Last edited:

jt04

Get Elon Musk to build a Hyperloop straight from Mission Space at Epcot to his SpaceX facility at Cape Canaveral.

Make it an upcharge in Epcot, where you can literally zip on over to NASA in 20 minutes (quicker than taking a bus from any resort on Disney property to Epcot itself) and explore the facility there.

THAT would be the future.

20 minutes? More like less than 10 minutes. Which makes your idea even better.

ToTBellHop

Definitely a lot more than $350M budgeted over the next several years.
I can't see what is being proposed for Epcot by the 50th costing less than a double that figure from this company. All things told, there is an impressive number of projects proposed property-wide by October 2021.

And now that my Tower is safe, my nausea has abated. Back to optimism.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I think you can slowly start piecing the puzzle together. Wonders and Oddysey closed, both Innoventions buildings being cleared out, a newer version of Club Cool at Disney Springs. Then you add in things like the fact that Pin Central was never intended to be permanent and is easily removed if need be. There is a lot that can be removed to make space for cosmetic changes and new additions.

Alejandro

There's a trackless penguin ride at Sea World. Not on the level of Mystic Manor or Hunny Hunt, but a nice minor attraction for young nature fans.
It would be fun to have a trackless Imagination!, but in reality it would not have to be, just bring back the longer version with digital projection, new AA's and some effects, no 3d please.
Heck, bring back the rainbow tunnel!
Can you imagine the degree of coolness/interaction the imagination playground could have with Magic Bands?, move the Glidden color playset there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom