DVC Member Lounge Coming to Imagination!

danv3

:( Why would they remove the rainbow tunnel? It was there just a few months ago. Did it somehow interfere with the new lounge?

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Nice perk for DVC members, but I'm really hoping to see Disney show some real imagination and start revitalizing Epcot (future world especially). Perks are nice (for those that can get in) but I don't go to Disney for lounges. IMO they're icing on the cake, now this park needs some more substance & TLC.

Bocabear

the pictures shown are not where the Star Tunnel and other things were...that stuff was all out of the glass pyramid in a darker section with controlled lighting... So that stuff may still be there... behind the current lounge

glvsav37

WDW Radio just did a live FB cast from the press event.

overall, looks like a nice lounge. Capacity isn't huge so they said that there would give members a suggested time to come back....right.

They are claiming it will not be a hard DVC sell location, but I'm sure you'll be at least offered to speak to someone.

2 disney infinity units and a TV will be avail for kids.

Charging stations under the seats plus iPad Pro's to let you browse the web and of course DVC offerings.

3 Coke freestyle machine and coffee that is free

there are also some computers and printer there.

all the furniture is brand new and looks really fun and comfortable

and overall....great views of Future World from that space.

Honestly, as a DVC member, I would love to see this open past the celebration year. I think these are the types of perks that enhance membership and great hide aways inside the park to get off your feet for a few minutes. I would love to see more of them in other locations.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One thing is that they mentioned 'Concierge Service' for members and glossed over 'helping you with dining reservations or fast passes". IDK but to me, the word "concierges" means that they are personal assistants and if I want an Ohana or some other hard to get reservation that night, they can make it for me.

However, with the way WDW makes you do all of this at 180 and 60, do they really mean what I feel the word means? I have a hard time believing that, esp with the new experiences at Epcot that will surely be golden FP's, I can't see them saying "Sure Mr DVC member, I can get you on Frozen Ever After...does 3pm work for you?" I think they need to be very specific to what this means and what the staff there can do.

I bring it up, b/c they mentioned it 3-4 times in the broadcast, but never put any idea of what they service truly is behind it.

Weston Wallace

From Twitter, view of Spaceship Earth from the lounge in Imagination:
View attachment 143607
Another view of the lounge:
View attachment 143608
View attachment 143609

Although I will not be able to go up there, I'm really happy to see this area back open.

Some stray observations:

1) I CANNOT BELIEVE (OK actually I can...) that they just boarded up the actual exhibits. I would assume they're still back there, as they were not exactly able to remove things such as the rainbow tunnel because of the size. They literally just walled them off.

2) I was there when construction was just getting started (around February) and I can confirm that the Kaleidoscopes, the rainbow tunnel, the pin table, and the color pallets were all still there.

3) Also, I love how they just boxed up the escalators. VERY classy Disney.

montyz81

Imagination is still going backwards. The irony. Zero imagination put into anything in the Imagination pavilion. Oh wait, I get it, you just use your imagination and the ride will be anything you want it to be. That there is cost saving genius Disney!

munchiezxx

I really wish I could be happy about this but I can't. I NEARLY made it up there in January but it was a low traffic day so I got caught. I wish I could have seen it before it was ruined. Imageworks really means a lot to me honestly..

glvsav37

Why does 'it hurt' and show a 'lack of imagination'?

again, I don't get the hate. Its a lounge....in an attic...that was not being used at all.

Its not like the disney board said:
"OK, lets take a vote....all those in favor of completely revitalizing the Imagination pavilion and return it to its former glory as well as add tons of brand new technology and guest experiences, raise your hand? ....Humm...no one? OK.
All those in favor of just putting some lounge up there for DVC members instead?.....1, 2,...3, 4....Ah, unanimous...OK motion passed, the lounge it is."

Seriously, the space was not being, nor had any plans on being used for normal guest attractions.

ABQ

again, I don't get the hate. Its a lounge....in an attic...that was not being used at all.

"OK, lets take a vote....all those in favor of completely revitalizing the Imagination pavilion and return it to its former glory as well as add tons of brand new technology and guest experiences, raise your hand? ....Humm...no one? OK.
All those in favor of just putting some lounge up there for DVC members instead?.....1, 2,...3, 4....Ah, unanimous...OK motion passed, the lounge it is."

Seriously, the space was not being, nor had any plans on being used for normal guest attractions.
Pretty much my feeling. It's not like the upstairs of imagination closed 2 weeks ago because this was planned to be placed in there. Sure, it could have been some amazing fantastic space like the Epcot answer to Club 33, but was never billed as nor was a new Imageworks.

munchiezxx

Yes, but you're a DVC member. A lot of us won't have a chance to see up there.
Plus, that color scheme...

brb1006

Not everyone is a DVC member.

glvsav37

not everyone is a corporate sponsor either....but there are lounges for them too.

I get it, its a cool view, but again...no one was going up there (legally) before. It was once a great space, but aside from the view its just some couches and free soda. Its not like they restored all the cool old stuff and then said "OK, only DVC members can play"

I've never stayed in the Castle Suite, but it's not making me upset that its there.

Yes, i'm a DVC member. We are getting a little perk. I dig it. But there are a bunch of other DVC perks I can't do...like the Beach and MK parties, the member cruise b/c of time of year or cost.....and that's cool. It is what it is.

If it means that much to you, find a DVC member (go post on the DVC board) who will be there when you are and ask them to bring you up as a guest. Each member gets to take 5 at a time. Heck, if you are there in early August, you can be my guest.

And honestly....I doubt this stays open beyond the year. It is billed as an anniversary celebration item. Not a full time lounge.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom