Osceola Interchange/Road Permits

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A permit was filed today with the South Florida Water Management District for the reconfiguration of the Osceola and Victory Way and Osceola and World Drive interchanges as well as the new entrance ramp to DHS from Osceola and Victory. Work is supposed to begin in August.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Goofyernmost

Humor me if you can. I am having trouble envisioning exactly where that is in relation to where the current entry to DHS is off World Drive. If someone has an actual overhead picture of the area and can put some lines in to tell me where this all is, I would appreciate it. If you cannot, I'll get over it, but, I'm just trying to get the big picture. Will the old entrance still exist?

For the moment I'm just going to write it all off as old age.

Mawg

They should have this done before Star Wars land opens.
yes, but they can't close the road next to StarWars land and expand over it until this is done, So Starwars land will not be using the new area and this must be for handling increased traffic and not having a disturbing road right next to the park.

jt04

yes, but they can't close the road next to StarWars land and expand over it until this is done, So Starwars land will not be using the new area and this must be for handling increased traffic and not having a disturbing road right next to the park.

Ultimately it will create future expansion pads. IMO.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Star Wars land fits into the available space at the back of the park. Once we realized it wasn't going in the Indy area I have assumed they would keep it within park boundaries to speed up the construction process.

Mawg

Star Wars land fits into the available space at the back of the park. Once we realized it wasn't going in the Indy area I have assumed they would keep it within park boundaries to speed up the construction process.
yeah, me too. I was just still holding out hope that they would find a way to connect Star Tours and keep it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ultimately it will create future expansion pads. IMO.

One possible scenario is that the are just across the entrance road from Star Wars Land will become temporary parking until they can build garages on some of the current parking, and then that temporary parking could go be replaced by future expansions.

Jaison

A permit was filed today with the South Florida Water Management District for the reconfiguration of the Osceola and Victory Way and Osceola and World Drive interchanges as well as the new entrance ramp to DHS from Osceola and Victory. Work is supposed to begin in August.

View attachment 141152 View attachment 141153

So does the first picture of the World Drive interchange show that the ramp connecting to the existing toll booths is going away?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom