Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They aren't issuing any FastPasses for Anna & Elsa at Magic Kingdom after 5/26. Does this give any credit to the 5/27 opening rumor or do you think there will be no Anna & Elsa presence in the parks at all from 5/27 - mid-June?

I would be shocked if there was no Anna and Elsa presence in the parks during that time... let's hope for the 5/27 opening date...which would make sense to open and work out and issues before the summer crowds begin to appear the week or 2 afterwards

cornandacobb

Frozen 2 will do huge box office business whether it is good or not.
Disney learned their lesson when they did not put Toy Story 2 in the theatres. Cost them tons of $.

Don't forget Return From Witch Mountain (1978...$16MM)...sequel to Escape to Witch Mountain (1975...$20MM). Adjusted to today they would be $61MM and $85MM respectively.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDITED TO SAY "OOPS!!!!!" My bad. I always had it in the back of my mind that Toy Story 2 never hit theatres. This was before I had children of my own so I guess my memory has failed me miserably. Reading up on it, it was originally slated to be a DVD release before Disney changed their minds. My bad. My apologies. Carry on.

Last edited:

redfarmer06

Disney learned their lesson when they did not put Toy Story 2 in the theatres. Cost them tons of $.

Don't forget Return From Witch Mountain (1978...$16MM)...sequel to Escape to Witch Mountain (1975...$20MM). Adjusted to today they would be $61MM and $85MM respectively.

Toy Story 2 was in theaters...I remember seeing it with my family..

WDWFanDave

They aren't issuing any FastPasses for Anna & Elsa at Magic Kingdom after 5/26. Does this give any credit to the 5/27 opening rumor or do you think there will be no Anna & Elsa presence in the parks at all from 5/27 - mid-June?
I wonder if it's related to the restriction for how far out you can book FP?

Ripken10

EDITED TO SAY "OOPS!!!!!" My bad. I always had it in the back of my mind that Toy Story 2 never hit theatres. This was before I had children of my own so I guess my memory has failed me miserably. Reading up on it, it was originally slated to be a DVD release before Disney changed their minds. My bad. My apologies. Carry on.
toy story 2 is Pixar...came out in 1999, Disney had not bought them outright yet.

Ripken10

And neither of the Witch mountains are part of the Animated collection as I was referring to.

witandwander

I wonder if it's related to the restriction for how far out you can book FP?

I have been closely watching The Dibb and even with my 60 Day window + 10 vacation days, there were still no Anna & Elsa OR Cinderella & Rapunzel FP available after 5/26. Anna & Elsa is hard to come by, but Cinderella and Rapunzel should definitely be available if nothing was changing. They must be moving Anna & Elsa to Norway and changing the princesses in Princess Fairytale Hall (probably splitting Cinderella and Rapunzel and adding the visiting princess "friends"). The question is whether the move to Norway will be immediate (on 5/27) or whether there will be a time Anna and Elsa will not be in MK and Norway (5/27 - Frozen Ever After opening in mid-June).

@spiritofNorway Thoughts?

Phineas

Just passed by and snapped some photos after enjoying the mariachi band in Mexico (those guys are great!).
In typical Disney fashion, the rock work looks very good.
And say what you will about Disney as a company: They never fire cast members once their attractions become defunct; they instead re-train and re-purpose them, allowing them to soldier on, power tools in hand, and a song in their hearts!
kkyqi9w.jpg

(The song in their hearts happens to be the theme from El Rio Del Tiempo, so it's still a little sad, but not unemployed Norwegian sad.)

Sped2424

Is Frozen two going to be pat of the animated classic collection aka a standard picture, or a direct to DVD picture like Little mermaid 2, Peter pan 2, lion king 2 etch?
Standard picture given its an official sequel and not a Disney toon sequel. The same way you have toy story 2,3 and monsters university are all films that are not in any sort of direct to did category frozen 2 will also be the same.

Wikkler

Cinderella II and III weren't nearly as popular as Cinderella...does that mean Cinderella was a flop? The Little Mermaid has a 92% rotten Tomatoes score, but the Little Mermaid 2 got a 33% -- guess Little Mermaid was just a fad too.

Now I will ask - has there ever been a Disney Animated movie (other than Pixar movie) whose sequel was a big success? I certainly can't think of one, and looking on boxofficemojo, The Jungle Book 2 made the most money of any Disney Animated movie sequel (disregarding pixar) at $47,901,582. When I heard Frozen 2, I kind of expected it would be another film like this. I do think Frozen 2 will be more successful than any other sequel in the Disney Animated Universe (again disregarding Pixar), but nothing about it's success will be any indication of how successful Frozen is, or whether it is a classic. Obviously a few people will never accept the popularity of the film...just like many on here refuse to accept the popularity of Avatar (but I will agree Avatar will not have the same impact that Frozen will...but land will because of how immerse it will be, but the movie was such a big hit because it was a first of it's kind...Frozen just hit the public in a way that will always be around much like the Lion King).

But keep refusing to accept the popularity of Frozen and the impact it will have forever.
Where did this comment come from? I think you replied to the wrong person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom