Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

psherman42

Spirit said 2017 or 2018 for the timing so not exactly a hurry. I would assume 2017 for DL and 2018 for WDW. That might give them enough time to get Toy Story Land open at DHS to offset the lost capacity. This thing is only supposed to take 5 or 6 months so down right after New Years and up by the summer crowds. Spring Break time could get ugly in that park though. Without waiting for Toy Story Land it would be a complete train wreck to shut ToT at WDW for that long.
Unless we're talking late 2018 for DHS, at the pace Disney construction moves, Toy Story Playland being open seems like a stretch. A very big stretch.

Miss Heinous

The "IOA is themed around literature" thing has always been a fan theory. Sure most of the properties originate from the written word or comics but that was never the original intent.

The unifying theme was "adventure." It's right there in the name.
Actually no, that is held by the company not fans.

alissafalco

I spoke with the executive office of George Kalogridis yesterday (whatever that means) in response to my email, and I was told that 100% it would NEVER happen in Orlando, and that the executives in WDW know the value of Tower of Terror to it's guests. They also expressed how they were well aware about the influx of calls and inquiries about the issue. I proceeded to ask about Anaheim, and was told that they have no info on that.
Hmm, It's interesting how they vehemently deny WDW but when asked about DL they say they have no info. They don't deny DL, maybe it will just be DL and not WDW? Or I'm reading too much into it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unless we're talking late 2018 for DHS, at the pace Disney construction moves, Toy Story Playland being open seems like a stretch. A very big stretch.
I would be surprised if it opened before late 2018 too. Even though Toy Story Land will not have the extensive rock work that lands like FLE, Carsland and Avatar have it would still be surprising if it doesn't take at least 2 years to build and they haven't really started yet. That being said if the Guardians of the Tower rumor is true I can't see them taking ToT and its large capacity out of that park without having something to supplement it. Especially considering Indy, LMA and the Streets of America area will all be closed by then. What will the park have? RnRC, GMR, Star Tours (if they can keep it open during SW construction) and TSMM plus 3 shows and the Star Wars Launch Bay Area. How the heck could they charge $100+ for that and expect anyone to pay.

Mike S

I would be surprised if it opened before late 2018 too. Even though Toy Story Land will not have the extensive rock work that lands like FLE, Carsland and Avatar have it would still be surprising if it doesn't take at least 2 years to build and they haven't really started yet. That being said if the Guardians of the Tower rumor is true I can't see them taking ToT and its large capacity out of that park without having something to supplement it. Especially considering Indy, LMA and the Streets of America area will all be closed by then. What will the park have? RnRC, GMR, Star Tours (if they can keep it open during SW construction) and TSMM plus 3 shows and the Star Wars Launch Bay Area. How the heck could they charge $100+ for that and expect anyone to pay.
There's a sucker born every minute.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hmm, It's interesting how they vehemently deny WDW but when asked about DL they say they have no info. They don't deny DL, maybe it will just be DL and not WDW? Or I'm reading too much into it.
I thought the same thing. It could also just be that those people work for TDO and really don't know much about what is happening in CA. The company seems to work in silos a lot. One arm doesn't know what the other is doing.

Matt_Black

86948.jpg
Uh-huh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom